Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 31-08-2005, 02:11 AM   #1
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default oil pressure drops n oil light comming on

hey all
latly in my 99 AU fairlane VCT 6 cylinder
after giving it a bit of stick (not doing burnouts.. just accelerating hard repeatedly..)
when i stop and idle for a lil bit the oil pressure guauge goes all the way down to the red line and starts beepin at me and the light comes on..

does anybody have an idea what this could be?
i just recently got a service done at ford in the valley (brisbane) and everything was going fine and now this..

also the engine doesnt idle SMOOTH.. it seems to fluctuate only slightly but you can hear it constantly up down up down .. only slightly.. and a slight vibration can be felt thru the car..

i recently replaced the leads with bosch items as the old 1s were breaking down under acceleration.. (still did the vibration and fluctuation thing tho on idle)

hope you can help me guys!!

Last edited by blackers10; 31-08-2005 at 05:08 AM.
blackers10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post