Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-04-2005, 03:16 AM   #1
Moya

Default AU EECV owners, who's waiting for the edit?

Who out of us AU EECV owners are anxiously waiting for the edit to be released?

Personally, I'm not much big fan of the chips, and if I got anything done ECU wise it will be the edit. Hopefully by the time it's released, the run of the mill mods should be done (extractors, intake, cams etc)

Sorry, I didnt think this belonged in the ECU section as I'm asking AU owners specifically.
Moya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 07:41 AM   #2
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Hey Moya,
You, Me and about 75% of others, Id guess.
Cheers,
Mike
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 08:00 AM   #3
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Who isn't!

Unless the original programming team all leave ford and break their non disclosure agreemnets we will never really get a good edit though as the time it will take to properly reverse engineer their work would not be worthwhile for the size of the Australian car modifier market.

Now if this was a world car it would be different. Like LS1's used around the globe.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 08:00 AM   #4
Moya

Sorry, incase I wasnt obvious

Who wants a ECU modification, but is waiting for the Edit as opposed to a Unichip?

I'm kinda curious which way to go, being a programmer I now an Edit is theoretically better as your directly hacking the ECU, as opposed to sending it the wrong information. But yeah, that and I've seen the results of other Edits, LS1 in particular which I'm impressed with.

Last edited by Moya; 20-04-2005 at 08:01 AM.
Moya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 12:09 PM   #5
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moya
Personally, I'm not much big fan of the chips
Chips are the same as an edit, they are just not marketed very well in this country. Too often the companies selling them can't/wont modify the tune in them which makes them hit and miss at best...

Most 'edits' in the states are delivered on J3 Chips, the 'flash' is relatively new for them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
Unless the original programming team all leave ford....we will never really get a good edit
That certainly the state of the market in Australia at the moment. Of all the chip makers in Australia, it seems only Chiptorque have a product that they are confident in customising to their customers requirements. Even then they are limited in what they can do i.e. no transmission or torque control module modification.

However, I don't think we need ex-Ford people to make it happen. There are some freaks out there that are great at finding the patterns of tables and scalars in the raw memory. We just need some of their time and attention (and provide them with the dumps) e.g. SCT

There are also a few guys playing with hardware/software from http://moates.net to crack there own computers with some success.

I don't want a piggyback, I want to be able to recalibrate the factory computer, so add me to the list

Last edited by xr8ute; 20-04-2005 at 12:12 PM.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 01:24 PM   #6
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

What is involved with this factory ECU edit?
Old 20-04-2005, 01:31 PM   #7
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Ye I've got the unichip got it just before all the buzz about the AU edit, I'm happy with it and if the edit is as good as LS1 and BA edits I'll be spending the money on that too.

Its all just a matter of waiting for someone to actually get it done and release the thing, lol its almost like the holy Grale of aftermarket gear at the moment.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #8
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Well, I have the Chiptorque which does about 95% of everything the edit is supposed to do right now and, regardless of torque reduction, has proved itself to be worth every cent and then some.
Next I will be getting the JMM Sequential Interceptor computer. Unlike most (all other) piggy back chips this one acts as a stand alone computer.
In theory the car still uses the EECV however it does not work like other piggybacks that intercept the signal, change it and then "fool" the ECU into sending other signals to the Car based on what the piggyback tells it (along with anything else the ECU may car to add like torque reduction).
The Sequential Interceptor is AFTER the ECU therefore the ECU can send any signal it likes, the Sequential Interceptor can then modify the signal before it hits the engine. This inculudes filtering out unwanted signals like torque reduction...in theory. It can also handle boost values greater than 10psi without the issues of the existing ECU maps.

Anyhow, between the 2 of these (Chiptorque and Sequential Interceptor) I will have basically all bases covered. So no, I wont be going the edit.
Then again, since when have I ever done the same as everyone else anyhow?

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 02:31 PM   #9
EFFalcon
Last warning

whats the price on the Sequential Interceptor, i'm lookin' at a similar setup for my ca.r
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 02:34 PM   #10
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
whats the price on the Sequential Interceptor, i'm lookin' at a similar setup for my ca.r
Not 100% sure if its officially avaliable yet so you'll need to talk to JMM on a price.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 06:33 PM   #11
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I posted a thread in the JMM section with some answers from Brendan.

: https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=8086

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Last edited by loxxr6; 20-04-2005 at 06:34 PM.
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post