Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-07-2018, 02:27 PM   #1
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Seies 3 Fairmont Ghia Trans cooler

Howdy Folks, I am in the process of fitting an external cooler to my Series 3 Ghia, why i mentioned the series (3) is it seems different to the series 2 ghia I have previously fitted one to. On this one there is a huge cooler almost the size of the radiator that sits in front of the radiator where i was wanting to sit the trans cooler i have just purchased. I havn't seen this extra cooler before, i'm sure it wasn't on my series 2 and i just checked on my BA GT-P and there isn't one there either. Was this large cooler only on the series 3? i guess it is for the air conditioner system.
What i was hoping to clear up, is it going to be OK to fit another largeish cooler in front of the air cond cooler? that will make 3 large coolers in there, is this going to affect the cooling to my radiator?
Cheers
Ed
zeuss000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2018, 05:04 PM   #2
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Seies 3 Fairmont Ghia Trans cooler

Yeah, I fitted an external cooler in front of the aircon condenser on my AU3 Fairmont Ghia.

Had no issues over 150K kms so I'd go ahead.

edit: Check out my "Complete Auto Transmission Oil Change" how to in AU Falcon Tech resources for a pic of it.

Last edited by ronwest; 03-07-2018 at 05:09 PM.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2018, 10:29 AM   #3
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Seies 3 Fairmont Ghia Trans cooler

Thank you mate, just what i was looking for. Got something to do on the weekend now by the looks of it.
Cheers
Ed
zeuss000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: