Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-02-2023, 10:13 PM   #31
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Default Re: Bike Security

Quick update guys, I have ended up buying the litelok X1 (https://www.litelok.com/en-au/products/litelok-x1).
Cost was $324.00 incl post and the bike holder for it. Looking at a few videos it takes at least several minutes of CORDED angle grinding and at least a couple discs to cut through. Although not completely angle grinder proof i think this is all i'm looking for really. Couples (throupled?) with my Other Kryptonite lock for the front wheel, as well as a brake disc lock i think that has most of my bases covered. If they can defeat all of those with grinding etc where i park my bike without getting caught ill be suprised.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2023, 01:25 PM   #32
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Impressive on video, it looks as though the internal reinforcement acts like a grinding wheel dresser in rapidly reducing a cutting disc’s diameter. Chuckled at the reviewer (Bike Social) calling out LPL for not returning his messages.

For a parking control job once I fitted permanent bollards dry-packed with 10mm aggregate - similar methodology; you’re constantly wearing the cutting wheel down with a replenishing supply of abrasive.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-02-2023, 10:13 PM   #33
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Its definately time for the other big manufacturers such as Kryptonite / ABUS etc to up their game. IM sure over the coming year we will see better materials etc. (Along with it probably better angle grinding discs) HAHA!
Old 23-02-2023, 10:17 PM   #34
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001 View Post
Quick update guys, I have ended up buying the litelok X1 (https://www.litelok.com/en-au/products/litelok-x1).
Cost was $324.00 incl post and the bike holder for it. Looking at a few videos it takes at least several minutes of CORDED angle grinding and at least a couple discs to cut through. Although not completely angle grinder proof i think this is all i'm looking for really. Couples (throupled?) with my Other Kryptonite lock for the front wheel, as well as a brake disc lock i think that has most of my bases covered. If they can defeat all of those with grinding etc where i park my bike without getting caught ill be suprised.
Is that two locks plus the brake lock?
Old 24-02-2023, 04:53 PM   #35
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Is that two locks plus the brake lock?
Yeah, i would hope "overkill" but ALOT of theft happening all around my bike lately.
Old 24-02-2023, 04:57 PM   #36
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001 View Post
Yeah, i would hope "overkill" but ALOT of theft happening all around my bike lately.
Probably easier and quicker to take the front wheel off
Old 24-02-2023, 05:19 PM   #37
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Probably easier and quicker to take the front wheel off

years ago .. i would just unwind the chain wrapped around the seat post covered with an old bike tube] & thread it thru the front/back wheels [& i think i did thru a pedal at one stage?] & behind the post. another time i fitted a working alarm to me bike . . . . . mind you another bike had 36 gears & another had 6 working headlights, brake lights and park lights....
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2023, 05:23 PM   #38
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

What about a printed vinyl seat cover that looked like poop smears?
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post