Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-08-2020, 11:59 AM   #1
fucus
Starter Motor

Default 2013 Auto Transmission Cooler?

Can anyone shed some light?

I have a 2013 focus with auto transmission, yes it clunks and jitters occasionally (all the usual suspects) but as I drive it everyday for work I have come to notice that it's purely heat related from my perspective (after half and hour the gremlins start and quicker on hotter days or if I drive it hard). Does anyone know if you can fit a bypass cooler to the auto transmission? I have searched high and low and found nothing but suggestions but no images or specs etc.

Much appreciated to any and all suggestions.
fucus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2020, 11:15 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 2013 Auto Transmission Cooler?

Your auto is really a dual clutch manual transmission that is computer controlled for shifting that makes it automatic as such. There is no cooler fitted to the vehicle because like a manual, the clutch is not oil cooled in the dry clutch transmission, so running a cooler for the oil is useless as its the clutch material not the oil that can be an issue. Ford released a later level clutch in 2017 to aid in this concern. I would check to see if yours had been fitted as many cars did.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2020, 10:03 AM   #3
fucus
Starter Motor

Thanks GTLEGEND for the response, much appreciated. I have been trying to get the local dealership to replace the clutch under the recall/extended warranty but keep getting the run-around as supposedly the sensors keep showing a lower number than what they deem the threshold to fix. Very very frustrating.
Old 05-08-2020, 01:17 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fucus View Post
Thanks GTLEGEND for the response, much appreciated. I have been trying to get the local dealership to replace the clutch under the recall/extended warranty but keep getting the run-around as supposedly the sensors keep showing a lower number than what they deem the threshold to fix. Very very frustrating.
Where are you located? Is the car jerking on take off or whilst moving but up-changing gears
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2020, 01:55 PM   #5
fucus
Starter Motor

Liverpool.

Car stutters (like the clutch is catching then letting go over and over until you lift off or it finally stays connected). Sometimes it does it in first but always in second, sometimes it will rev up to 3500 before engaging at other times. Starts after 20-30 mins of normal driving and worse in warmer weather.