Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-03-2006, 09:22 AM   #331
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
I can eat all day and not put on 1kg. I eat and eat and eat. Usually for dinner ill eat say a whole pizza and more food, desert, i have a big breakfast, 2 pies and 2 sausage rolls for lunch, and lots of other stuff in between. Im stuck on 84 kgs, nothing and i mean NOTHING can make me put on weight. Im pretty tempted to just go and eat a tub of lard.
Funny thing was I used to be the same ... then I met my fiancee 3 years ago ... and I got NIIIIIICE home-cooked meals everynight ... and then I stacked on the weight. I think it was contentment at the same time as well. LOL.

When I was living on my own just eating junk food .... I lost weight ... might be due to the fact there was no nutrition in it at all.

I was just over 70kg at the time ... and couldn't add any weight ... then I met Bec ... and in just over 2.5 years I put on 25kg (95kg) ... now I am down to 88kg ... and slowly dropping now.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 09:23 AM   #332
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

But she does cook for me everynight, most nights its some pasta + chicken thing, and MAYBE ill gain a kg or 2, but ill lose it a day later.
Old 16-03-2006, 11:46 AM   #333
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Sounds like you are gaining muscle ... I found when doing a lot of manual labour that I put weight on as I was getting hungrier ... easting more ... but turning into muscle ... not fat.

Sounds like you are doing the same thing.
Yeah, I'm sore all over, and was so stuffed when I woke up this morning that I just could not be bothered doing anything.

I'm resting myself today and getting back into tomorrow.
Old 16-03-2006, 09:03 PM   #334
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
I can eat all day and not put on 1kg. I eat and eat and eat. Usually for dinner ill eat say a whole pizza and more food, desert, i have a big breakfast, 2 pies and 2 sausage rolls for lunch, and lots of other stuff in between. Im stuck on 84 kgs, nothing and i mean NOTHING can make me put on weight. Im pretty tempted to just go and eat a tub of lard.
Yeah but your eating crap, if you want to put weight on you have to eat a balanced diet, pizza, pies and sausage roll's are not going to help.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 09:06 PM   #335
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Funny thing was I used to be the same ... then I met my fiancee 3 years ago ... and I got NIIIIIICE home-cooked meals everynight ... and then I stacked on the weight. I think it was contentment at the same time as well. LOL.

When I was living on my own just eating junk food .... I lost weight ... might be due to the fact there was no nutrition in it at all.

I was just over 70kg at the time ... and couldn't add any weight ... then I met Bec ... and in just over 2.5 years I put on 25kg (95kg) ... now I am down to 88kg ... and slowly dropping now.
What a coincidence, I'm the same, since I meet my lovely G'F I to have gone from 70kg to 91kg from good home cooked meal's, lot's off steamed vegies and chicken, she sure know's how to cook a good meal, I never ate vegies untill I meet her, now I crave them.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 09:03 AM   #336
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Hahahahaha ... funny what GF's can do huh ...
I'm lucky ... the diet is working now cos Bec wants to fit in her wedding dress ... so she is sticking to the diet ... and I eat the portions she gives me ...

I have changed my eating habits though ... and it's working quite well too.
Old 27-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #337
disco_tezz
BA Fairmont

Hi Guys,

I figured it was time that i joined the battle of lossing the bulge.
It is time to lose the donna that is covering the smaller me.
I know it is going to be a long trip, But after reading what you guys are going through, i figured this would be a good place to get support for when you have set backs, as well as get advice from you guys that have already taken on the challange.

Well at the end of this, my aim is to have lost between 30 and 40kgs, and in the past 2 weeks I have got the ball rolling with the loss of 5 kgs. But i know the rest will not be that easy.

Good luck to all of us.
disco_tezz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 01:31 PM   #338
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco_tezz
Hi Guys,

I figured it was time that i joined the battle of lossing the bulge.
It is time to lose the donna that is covering the smaller me.
I know it is going to be a long trip, But after reading what you guys are going through, i figured this would be a good place to get support for when you have set backs, as well as get advice from you guys that have already taken on the challange.

Well at the end of this, my aim is to have lost between 30 and 40kgs, and in the past 2 weeks I have got the ball rolling with the loss of 5 kgs. But i know the rest will not be that easy.

Good luck to all of us.

Heya Disco_tezz! Good on you for making a committment to improved health. 30 - 40kg is a lifechanging amount to shed and as you probably already know it won't happen quickly.

Your 5kg in 2 weeks is a solid start! Remember early on if you are exercising and eating less, a large portion of your weight loss can be water! So keep your fluid intake up. It will appear to 'slow' your weight loss but it will make the numbers more meaningful. Drink the 2 or so litres a day. Try to avoid in that 2litres coffee or soft drink as those don't do much to hydrate you. If you hate plain water add in a small amount of diet cordial.

Remember to make ongoing weight loss a success you must make changes that you can live to. The best way i have found is with what is called 'incidental exercise'. This is where you buld exercise into your daily routine so you don't have to make time for it. My biggest example of this is instead of taking a 45 minute tram ride to work every day I now ride a push bike the 9.5km. So if you can build exercise into your everyday routine that is the best way to make sure you do it and stick to it.

Remember to push the cardio on the exercise that you do - however avoid really pumping the heart, you need to be at about 65% of your max heart rate to be in the 'fat burning zone' (max heart rate = 220 - yourage, eg: for me, 220 - 27 = 193beats per minute MAX!) So 65% of that is 125. So if i'm attempting to lose weight my session I attempt to maintain that as a heart rate, If i'm going for exercise and 'performance building' then I need to maintain about 85% of max heart rate which is about 165bpm.

I know how hard it is so do many others. If you have an slippage for whatever reason, don't let it get you down, and don't hang up the boots, get stuck in and work on it!
Old 27-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #339
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

I'm pretty stoked, I reached my goal in the alloted time....10.3 kgs I've lost so far Next goal is another 5kgs....

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #340
disco_tezz
BA Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
Your 5kg in 2 weeks is a solid start! Remember early on if you are exercising and eating less, a large portion of your weight loss can be water! So keep your fluid intake up. It will appear to 'slow' your weight loss but it will make the numbers more meaningful. Drink the 2 or so litres a day. Try to avoid in that 2litres coffee or soft drink as those don't do much to hydrate you. If you hate plain water add in a small amount of diet cordial.

Remember to make ongoing weight loss a success you must make changes that you can live to. The best way i have found is with what is called 'incidental exercise'. This is where you buld exercise into your daily routine so you don't have to make time for it. My biggest example of this is instead of taking a 45 minute tram ride to work every day I now ride a push bike the 9.5km. So if you can build exercise into your everyday routine that is the best way to make sure you do it and stick to it.

Drinking the water is not a hassel, At the moment i am drinking at least 3 litres a day, With some freash lemon in it, Just help flush the system out, Kicked the soft drink out of my diet, and still only have my one coffee a day.

As for building the exercise into my day, The gym is right across the road from work, so it gives me something to do in my lunch break, instead of walking around the city aimlessly for an hour,

It is a large amount wish to loose, unfortuatly it is easier to put on than to get loose, so i have a fair bit of work ahead, but hopefully i will get there, i just hope it is an achieveable target.

Thanks for the tips parawolf
Old 27-03-2006, 02:43 PM   #341
disco_tezz
BA Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
I'm pretty stoked, I reached my goal in the alloted time....10.3 kgs I've lost so far Next goal is another 5kgs....
Good job on loosing it, and an even better job in doing it in the your alloted time.
Old 27-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #342
bwhinnen

Just noticed this one.

I started about 4 weeks ago. Eating better (alot better, crisps and sweets and crap like that are now a treat rather than a staple) more salads / vegies and lean meals, nice big breakfast of fruit, bran and low fat milk (mostly a good spread and moderation in the so-called bad things), and doing weights and a fair degree of stretching etc. Not alot of cardio just yet though.

I've lost just over 10kgs lost so far, which is really noticable as my pants now are loose rather than the tight they were . I've started to suppliment my diet with additional protien intake as well to assist with muscle building as well (makes a nice dessert with no / low fat milk after a workout too).

Goal was to get down to 80kgs before building muscle but I think that will be a little more difficult now as I'm already starting to build muscle. I will be happy to sit around the 84kg mark I am now for a little while (losing more fat and building muscle). Was just over 94kg 4 weeks ago.

Getting back to the gym is great fun, was hard the first few weeks but now I really look forward to it and recovery time is much lessened. Muscles were sore 2 - 3 days after a workout and are now only sore for up to 24 hours. I do 3 sets of 8 - 10 reps of each muscle group chosen for a workout to build strength and endurance as well as a little mass.

What fun!

Cheers
Brett
bwhinnen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 08:26 PM   #343
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its been about 5 weeks and i''ve gone from 82.5kg to just over 76kg..
I'm about 6'1".. i put it down to too much work perhaps? And i cut down on eating as much as what i did
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 10:28 PM   #344
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I am just starting a program to lose weight, I am a big built person but would like to lose my tummy.

The goal at this stage is to lose 10 kg within 3 - 4 months with 40 minutes x 2 on a exercise bike plus healthy eating and my day to day walking around work and university... Its a tough thing to try and do when you only get home at 9 30 most nights after work then uni, but im willing to give it a go.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 05:59 PM   #345
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Do you ever wonder if weight loss is a part of karma? When you put on weight, someone else is loosing it?

Maybe its a giant balance thing. I know people are going to say "but Andy, if weight loss is a balance, why are people generally becoming overweight?"

But I would reply "Well yes, the 'civilised' world is becoming more and more overweight, however we are only 20% of the population - the remaining 80% of the worlds population are 3rd world and a large amount are starving. Thus the more overweight that 20% becomes only conincides with the remainder of the population who are starving, increasing. That creates a balance".

I dunno. Call me strange...but its something I think about.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:41 PM   #346
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Ok weighed myself this morning, i'm 89.7kg's now. Only just acheived my first milestone of sub 90kg's (around 14-15kgs lost). Next step will be more difficult...as now the weights will begin again!
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #347
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Nice work ... I have managed to keep myself around the 85kg mark now ... don't really want to drop anymore .... it means I'll have to start buying smaller size clothes (damn expensive).

But since Australia Day ... I have lost 10kg ... so i am pretty pleased about that ... and Bec has lost around 11-12kg (she is sticking to the diet thing a bit more than I am though)
Old 10-04-2006, 03:57 PM   #348
max^power
Formerly au^ute

yeah diet kinda sucks but its the only way to shift some of the kg's... i have not modified my diet yet, although i should eat better and i'll have to change the diet if i'm going to stay lean. by the way i highly recommend to people a set of scales that measure body fat and hydration (i got one from big w for $60). interesting to see the hydration after a hard night on the grog!
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 12:10 AM   #349
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

been boxin for 4 yrs now, started gym in december, and ive put on 10 kg, all muscle, havent changed diet, boxin made me loose weight, and brought me all the goodies of strength stamina endurance, technique, but now gym is slowing me down, making me feel heavy , have to lay off some weights
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #350
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Quote:
Sounds like you have a fast metabolism Phill....Do you lift weights? I garentee someone with a fast metabolsm like yourself will put on some good size if you lift right and eat right.....

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #351
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im just starting my 'new life'. I trying to make this a life change where I eat healthy and proper instead of the usual, diet/exercise lose kilos go back to usual ways and put the weight back on. Im getting a gym membership so this should help. Currently a touch over 100kgs, want to be at 70, then start building muscle.
Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 11:29 PM   #352
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Well since I've started my new job I've been walking about an hour each day & am hoping to get to go back to my personal trainer I've now lost 11.5kgs & the following cm's

Waist: 20cm
Hips: 15cm
Bust: 16cm
Thighs: 15cm

Pretty happy with that effort

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #353
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive had a quick look through this thread and on google but cant find any recommended intake for sugar, im keeping an eye on how much sugar, fat and carbo's are in each thing I eat and was told that there shouldnt be anymore than 60g's of fat a day. But cant find anything on sugar.

Currently im having Nutri-Grain with Tone milk for breakfast which adds upto about 30g's of sugar, is that too much for a meal? I usually have a sandwich or roll with an apple for lunch, with tea it varies but I walk the dog for 40mins twice a day most days and if I only get the walk the dog once a day ill put extra with some weight lifting where I do on usual 20mins.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:16 PM   #354
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeld-Wen Falcon
Ive had a quick look through this thread and on google but cant find any recommended intake for sugar, im keeping an eye on how much sugar, fat and carbo's are in each thing I eat and was told that there shouldnt be anymore than 60g's of fat a day. But cant find anything on sugar.

Currently im having Nutri-Grain with Tone milk for breakfast which adds upto about 30g's of sugar, is that too much for a meal? I usually have a sandwich or roll with an apple for lunch, with tea it varies but I walk the dog for 40mins twice a day most days and if I only get the walk the dog once a day ill put extra with some weight lifting where I do on usual 20mins.
My friend stay away from that Nutri-Grain crap!! Its loaded with sugar....The best cereal for breakfast I believe is good old fashion oats (plain oats not baked or roasted) with some honey and a banana. 30g of sugar for one meal is heaps and if you dont burn it up straight away it gets stored as fat.
Also keep away from white bread as this has exactly the same effect as sugar, keep to slow release carbs like wholemeal bread and pasta...The only right time to eat some white bread or something sugary is immediatly after a heavy weights routine to spike your low insuline levels and to help transport protein to the muscle....sorry for waffling on here,

www.qldsuperkart.org
Old 10-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #355
parawolf
beep beep

Exactly what I have for breakfast nearly every morning. Oats + milk + sultanas in the microwave for 2 minutes 40 + cinimon + diced banana.

PS i'm now down to 81kg from an initial check in weight of ~95kg. Very happy. However because my only exercise is essentially cycling and some core body strengthing my upper body has shrunk noticably. My legs are wonderfully toned now, and my body fat up top is low, so i'm going to look to put on about 2 - 3 kg's of muscle up top through some weights.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #356
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

OK .... thought I'd update ... I haven't really lost weight lately ... but I am hovering around the 84-86kg mark ... it fluctuates really ... but nothing outside this weight.

I feel great though ... and the doctor was impressed with my blood test results too.
*I have a hereditary cholesterol problem that diet alone cannot fix*.
SO I have been taking Lipitor 40mg for the past God knows how many years ... I started on Zocor in 1990 when I was 13 years old ... and I am 29 this year .... so that's how long I have been taking this medication so far ... and will be taking it for the rest of my life that I know of.

But back to the results .... 12 months ago i let things lapse .... wasn't taking my medication ... wasn't eating the best ... and was smoking at the time ... my cholesterol level had risen back up to 9.8 again (my first reading was 9.8 was I was 12 years old ... and back then I was classed as underweight).

6 months ago it had dropped to 7.4 ... I had stopped smoking in this time .... but hadn't really started dieting and exercising .... but was back on my medication though. Doctor was pleased ... also 7.4 was the lowest it had ever been anyway.

Last week ... well ... my doctor was impressed ... really impressed.
Now with the diet and exercise ... and still not smoking (I hate being arouns people who do though .... the smell makes me sick) and taking medication my cholesterol level is down to 5.4 (within the normal range) for the first time ever ... damn I felt good. Also my doctor did liver function and BGL levels as well ... just to make sure that the medication wasn't causing any side effects (it can) ... but all results came back is normal.

Cut a long story short (sorry) ... I found I had this condition when my Father died at the age of 40 (in 1990) from an acute heart attack ... his cholesterol level was 16.8 at the time ... funny thing was he just had a medical and the doctor then mentioned it wasn't anything to be concerned about (thing is back in 1990 nobody knew what cholesterol was).

So now I making sure that I stay within the healthy range ... as I'd like to live a lot longer than what my Father did.

ALSO ... found photos of Bec and I from late last year when I was up at Daydream Island .... damn ... I didn't realise I had put that much weight on ... I looked awful compared to now. Bec as lost more weigh than I have ... and she look great now ... she loves the "new" her . So do I (not that I didn't love her in the first place though :nutsycuck )
Old 13-05-2006, 01:09 AM   #357
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

yey i started goin to the gym a month a go to build strength and muscle, i have gone from 74k to 75k but have lost cm off my whole body, arms, legs, gotten bigger shoulders, so i think its safe to say im putting muscle on. i do try to eat right but dont have a strict diet, and remember you can have one day as pig out day!

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust
After market alpine/soundstream stereo

18" tyhpoons
superlows waiting to go in....
spoilerless
16wantsI6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 07:53 PM   #358
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Weighed myself today and ive lost 3.5 kilos in the last 2 weeks. All im basically doing is eating right and only 3 times a day and excersize. Its a simple recipe and the best thing is that im not starving myself or over-exersizing so I can keep this up.

And Cheers vino3o2, ive steered away from nutri-grain and im now eating whole-meal bread.
Old 16-05-2006, 07:57 PM   #359
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeld-Wen Falcon
Weighed myself today and ive lost 3.5 kilos in the last 2 weeks. All im basically doing is eating right and only 3 times a day and excersize. Its a simple recipe and the best thing is that im not starving myself or over-exersizing so I can keep this up.

And Cheers vino3o2, ive steered away from nutri-grain and im now eating whole-meal bread.
Great work Jeld-Wen Falcon, keep it up and keep us posted on your progress

www.qldsuperkart.org
Old 13-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #360
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Howz everyone progress going?? any results that need posting??

www.qldsuperkart.org