Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 10:25 PM   #1
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
What is the difference with getting the ADF in and Marshall Law? Adding curfews and limits on everything just makes Vic sound like a police state now.

I tell you what though, if the intention is to bring down the economy while getting majority population compliance laced with fear, this is working to plan.
Thanks.
Comments like yours really help with my understanding, of how people are so stupid as to still be spreading the virus.

That's right, you've figured out their dastardly plan, there is no virus it's just a giant conspiracy (by Jewish Bankers) to take away our guns and our civil liberties.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2020, 10:54 PM   #2
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Thanks.
Comments like yours really help with my understanding, of how people are so stupid as to still be spreading the virus.

That's right, you've figured out their dastardly plan, there is no virus it's just a giant conspiracy (by Jewish Bankers) to take away our guns and our civil liberties.
I never said there was no virus, but perhaps the virus isn't deadly as we are lead to believe. Not in comparison to other viruses out there with vaccines at the ready.

We never shut down the economy for the Flu did we and we have yearly vaccines with that. We just accepted X amount of people die each year and go about our merry way. But yet here we are!

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
2 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2020, 12:35 AM   #3
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I never said there was no virus, but perhaps the virus isn't deadly as we are lead to believe. Not in comparison to other viruses out there with vaccines at the ready.

We never shut down the economy for the Flu did we and we have yearly vaccines with that. We just accepted X amount of people die each year and go about our merry way. But yet here we are!
Does the flu collapse the health system?

The countries with major outbreaks have had far more deaths this year than the same time last year.
So saying covid deaths are just substituting other usual deaths is not correct.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 13-08-2020, 12:46 PM   #4
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
I never said there was no virus, but perhaps the virus isn't deadly as we are lead to believe.
I think the facts say otherwise but I'm never going to convince you, so I'm not going to bother trying.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2020, 12:57 PM   #5
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

It really isn't that deadly at all, if you look at the number of infections vs the number of deaths. Not to mention the number of people who have been infected that don't even know they have been. The exception being the elderly and unhealthy.

But it is really contagious, which makes it so bad, as the numbers of infected can soar so easily. It spreads like wild fire if left unchecked.

To me that is the difference between this and the flu. The flu is nowhere near as contagious, as well as being slightly less dangerous to the average healthy person.
This user likes this post:
Old 13-08-2020, 01:37 PM   #6
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
It really isn't that deadly at all, if you look at the number of infections vs the number of deaths. Not to mention the number of people who have been infected that don't even know they have been. The exception being the elderly and unhealthy.

But it is really contagious, which makes it so bad, as the numbers of infected can soar so easily. It spreads like wild fire if left unchecked.

To me that is the difference between this and the flu. The flu is nowhere near as contagious, as well as being slightly less dangerous to the average healthy person.
How can you say that given there are some warning signs that this virus leaves permanent damage which is looking like it will affect peoples' life expectancy?
Previously-healthy people are reporting ongoing complications that they may never recover from, athletes included.

Old 13-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #7
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
How can you say that given there are some warning signs that this virus leaves permanent damage which is looking like it will affect peoples' life expectancy?
Previously-healthy people are reporting ongoing complications that they may never recover from, athletes included.
Did they die though? Cause that's all that's being recorded.

And no one knows the long term effects yet. It seems very hit and miss. Some people will have no effects, basically no sign they even had it. Yet a few get hit like a tonne of bricks. Most people just have basic symptoms and then they are fine. Some take ages to recover. It's all over the shop.
Old 13-08-2020, 02:30 PM   #8
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
5 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2020, 04:44 PM   #9
leesa

Quote:
Most people just have basic symptoms and then they are fine.
But that's not true either

https://www.cardiovascularbusiness.c...amage-recovery
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/e...228-5/fulltext

2 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2020, 06:44 PM   #10
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
But that's not true either
Yes, I was watching a lady interviewed that was a marathon runner etc. etc. and she contracted early March.
Her story confirmed the changes in her body. 40 odd and high fitness level but the things she 'complains' about now are not isolated to her lungs

As mentioned here earlier, every organ is probably affected, even life span for these people. Again mentioned here, nobody knows yet the whole story.
Nasty and certainly not a common cold.

Stay safe

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 13-08-2020 at 06:50 PM.
Old 14-08-2020, 03:28 AM   #11
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The thing is that these percentages are not real as we do not know how many people have had it.

Sweden appears to be near herd immunity with 85,000 cases in 10,000,000 people, but WHO says herd immunity would likely be %60-%80 infected.
Extrapolating those numbers, for every reported case there would be 70 - 90 unreported cases.
If this can then be projected to Germany (very small sample size BTW) then -

This is almost 2 orders of magnitude error in those percentages in the first link above, ie when it says %78 it would be in reality 0.9% - 1.1%

Please feel free to re-examine the numbers.

Even if the heard immunity is off, and is really under 50%, then it means the virus is not very virile.

Again, this is why I said Sweden was interesting
Old 13-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #12
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
And no one knows the long term effects yet. It seems very hit and miss. Some people will have no effects, basically no sign they even had it. Yet a few get hit like a tonne of bricks. Most people just have basic symptoms and then they are fine. Some take ages to recover. It's all over the shop.
Got a work colleague who is a avid cyclist. Cycles 13km's each way to and from work everyday (that's nothing to him). The bloke is very fit and looks after his health, and his diet as if he is a pro athlete.

He tested positive to COVID-19 on 14th July. Only symptom was a temperature. He was back at work this week after being cleared by NHHS, and I had a chat to him yesterday about how he's doing. He said COVID has definitely effected his fitness. He is more out of breath when he rides to work, and when riding back home. Heart and breathing rate is up there he reckons. He kept up his fitness by cycling while in iso as he has a machine at home, so lack of exercise was not the issue.

I was very surprised to hear this. This guy is one of the fittest people I know. If someone like him can be effected in such a way, then the average person (me) maybe in serious trouble. I haven't even been on a cycle for some 15+ years!!

Your average person who has recovered from COVID may not actually know if, or how much, their health has been effected because they may not be exercise/fitness junkies like the bloke above. And got nothing to compare their pre and post COVID health status.

He maybe able to recover his pre COVID fitness level but it will take a lot of work he thinks. Bloke was one of those sceptics of COVID, is also a vegetarian, and one of those climate change people. Yeah, I know. He's view of COVID is very different now. But unfortunately his view on vegetarian and climate change hasn't changed so I will continue to distance myself from him at work. ()
Old 21-09-2020, 09:20 PM   #13
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Got a work colleague who is a avid cyclist. Cycles 13km's each way to and from work everyday (that's nothing to him). The bloke is very fit and looks after his health, and his diet as if he is a pro athlete.

He tested positive to COVID-19 on 14th July. Only symptom was a temperature. He was back at work this week after being cleared by NHHS, and I had a chat to him yesterday about how he's doing. He said COVID has definitely effected his fitness. He is more out of breath when he rides to work, and when riding back home. Heart and breathing rate is up there he reckons. He kept up his fitness by cycling while in iso as he has a machine at home, so lack of exercise was not the issue.

I was very surprised to hear this. This guy is one of the fittest people I know. If someone like him can be effected in such a way, then the average person (me) maybe in serious trouble. I haven't even been on a cycle for some 15+ years!!

Your average person who has recovered from COVID may not actually know if, or how much, their health has been effected because they may not be exercise/fitness junkies like the bloke above. And got nothing to compare their pre and post COVID health status.

He maybe able to recover his pre COVID fitness level but it will take a lot of work he thinks. Bloke was one of those sceptics of COVID, is also a vegetarian, and one of those climate change people. Yeah, I know. He's view of COVID is very different now. But unfortunately his view on vegetarian and climate change hasn't changed so I will continue to distance myself from him at work. ()
Thought I'd post a little update on this bloke. Just over 2 months now since he tested positive. I had a chat with him today at work. He told me his fitness has not improved, not even the slightest. He still cycles to work everyday, but is really feeling it. Out of breath and pulse rate up there after each ride. He has recently volunteered for medical research being undertaken for people who have overcome COVID, but have long lasting symptoms. As per my post above, this bloke is a fitness fanatic, and he is genuinely concerned for his health now, and into the future.

There was a story on 60 Minutes yesterday on the long lasting effects for some people who have "recovered" from COVID. Was very interesting.

Part 1: On two Aussie's under 50, post COVID infection.

Part 2: Only available on 9now. It was about actress Alyssa Milano's struggle post COVID infection. If you don't have access to 9now, you can read about her battle HERE.

This virus is obviously affecting different people, very differently. And that is a very scary thought.

Last edited by Tickford.; 21-09-2020 at 09:28 PM.
This user likes this post:
Old 14-08-2020, 07:38 PM   #14
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And how is that any different to the seasonal flu, whatever strain it might be. Lasting effects of the flu is quite common.
3 users like this post:
Old 14-08-2020, 08:25 PM   #15
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute83 View Post
And how is that any different to the seasonal flu, whatever strain it might be. Lasting effects of the flu is quite common.
How often do you see the flu result in someone needing a lung transplant 'cause it's turned their lungs into rissoles?

4 users like this post:
Old 14-08-2020, 09:25 PM   #16
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
How often do you see the flu result in someone needing a lung transplant 'cause it's turned their lungs into rissoles?

For a second there I thought I was in the bakery thread.
5 users like this post:
Closed Thread