Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 21-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
mildxe

Default rda slotted rotors

hi
fitted a pair of rda slotted rotors and rda pads to my nf fairlane is it normal with slotted rotors when breaking a bit heavy to feel sort of a knocking with slotted rotors or does this disappear after a while would have done less than 15 kilometers so far thanks

mildxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: rda slotted rotors

No - the knocking feel is not normal although I'd try a couple of hard applications from 100 km/h to ensure they are bedded in properly.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
gtfpv
GT

the rda instructions say it takes up to 300 km of normal driving to bed them in properly i noticed soft pedal feel for the 1st 60kms of driving , and a little brake squeal when bedding , but by 100kms very smooth pedal feel . as russ says , knocking is not normal . with 15kms on your car it's way to early to tell . follow bedding in instruction , light braking , increasing speed , and braking time but dont brake hard for the 1st 100kms . or just drive normallyu and report back after 100kms of traffic driving
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
mildxe

thanks guys have done some bedding in like said around the side streets before posting this ! not talking about real hard braking but reasonable braking almost feels like you feel the slots in the rotor or may be a under laying prob somewhere put new tie rod ends on as well had bit of slop in them !

still have a brake issue to sort out on it maybe master cyl pedal has long travel and you have to push hard on it had a fluid change bleed them up no better ! might as well have drums on all four wheels !was like it before new brakes went on too
Old 21-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildxe
thanks guys have done some bedding in like said around the side streets before posting this ! not talking about real hard braking but reasonable braking almost feels like you feel the slots in the rotor or may be a under laying prob somewhere put new tie rod ends on as well had bit of slop in them !

still have a brake issue to sort out on it maybe master cyl pedal has long travel and you have to push hard on it had a fluid change bleed them up no better ! might as well have drums on all four wheels !was like it before new brakes went on too
you can feel and hear them under hard braking.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:

Was the long pedal issue there before you fitted new pads and rotors? If you pump the pedal does it firm up but then next application it is low again?

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
mildxe

its had long brakes no real stopping power since ive had it. it dont pump up any better by pumping pedal . stand on brakes hard try pushing pedal through floor pan and hope ya can stop ! but in saying that its the only car ive had with abs but if by jumping on brakes i would think it would lock up for split second unlock like a pulse effect ! put it this way wont tow with it !! have driven it today and brakes seem to be improving from 1st post starting to get some bite and knocking noise is a lot less noticeable thanks to all that have replied
Old 22-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #8
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

There are a couple of things you can look at if you have time.Ring me for a chat if you want to.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 22-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #9
mildxe

thanks floored im in s.a and cant seem to find anyone thats any good here ! not saying everyone aint just have not found one that is yet ! i took the 96 nf fairlane today to get it wheel aligned said just replaced the tie rod ends can you adjust them up thats all need , want done .went to 2 tyre joints 1st one said wheel aligner dont work and they not replacing it ! ok small shop so went to a well known tyre joint said same thing no worrys can book ya in this arvo ask how much ! 60 bucks !! i asked him ( just to adjust the toe on it !) oh yeah we do the diff as well !!! really you dont know **** and think im going to let ya touch my car ya cant wheel align my diff .
Old 23-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #10
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
thanks floored im in s.a and cant seem to find anyone thats any good here ! not saying everyone aint just have not found one that is yet ! i took the 96 nf fairlane today to get it wheel aligned said just replaced the tie rod ends can you adjust them up thats all need , want done .went to 2 tyre joints 1st one said wheel aligner dont work and they not replacing it ! ok small shop so went to a well known tyre joint said same thing no worrys can book ya in this arvo ask how much ! 60 bucks !! i asked him ( just to adjust the toe on it !) oh yeah we do the diff as well !!! really you dont know **** and think im going to let ya touch my car ya cant wheel align my diff .
Maybe next road trip you do you get everything done somewhere else

Phone 02 9609 1101