Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-05-2006, 05:07 PM   #91
BJMXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
yes i think a new thread..
with just photos of the car..a description of WHAT it is and whats done to it
I think minimal discussion too on the proper thread, so the thread is predominantly photographic... perhaps a seperate thread for discussion... dunno if that'll work but it'll eliminate 200 pages of text with 7 cars per 100 pages...
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 05:11 PM   #92
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
I know which one would be getting my vote

Although Grunters with your stripes but in white....
If Grunters had silver/charcoal stripes it'd be getting my vote too- or if my car had his engine mine would get the vote- but that's where it's hard and that's what I was saying before about people's opinions being swayed about mods that do not affect cosmetics- if the comp is purely best looking then fair enough, but I would personally vote one car over another based on performance mods, as in my eyes it would be a better car although the mods would have nothing to do with the look of the car.

The whole Forte, XR, Fairmont T series thing gets confusing as what happens when a forte with T3 kit and wheels wins best Forte? And if it was put into the T series category would people not vote for it because it's a dressed up Forte despite the fact that it may well look better than the T's?

This is going to have to be well thought out to be fair to everyone I think, but less categories to make it less confusing and make more people vote for their favorite. If it's too hard people won't do it.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 05:22 PM   #93
BJMXR

Less categories for sure. And lets be honest... in a sense its really just a show and shine thread, with a bonus competitive nature.

Really i couldn't care less who wins etc, it'll just be awesome to see three good photos of everyones car... lets get it going kids!
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #94
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have no problem posting pics. When I get some new pics, I'll stick em up.

I just don't want to go into be judge. Happy to sit on the side lines and watch everyone else
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 10:56 PM   #95
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Here's my offering! The best pic ever taken of my car I'd reckon, yep taken the day of the BBQ!

Complete with wife and 2 beautiful bubs as well! Loaded with goodies! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 08:21 PM   #96
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

have been watching this thread for a while with interest, and as expected has turned in to a shamozzle :

heres me suggestion

start a new thread, dedicate a member (say Casper or Jim etc) to be the ONLY POSTER, everyone provides 3 photos and a quick list of mods to that member who posts them up (with a template setup for each entrant)

to answer your questions Jim, a kitted Forte is classed in the Forte category as that is what it is and shows what it has come from.

categories i would suggest -

Forte/futura
Fairmont/Fairlaine
XR6
XR8
T Series
Wagon
XR Ute
Non XR Ute (maybe, if enough entrants)

then maybe

Best engine bay
Best interior
Best sound
Best boot

any more than that and the categories get too small and too picky

Oh and everyone is in, or someone can enter for them, would be stupid for guys like Bucky etc not to be included otherwise would give people hollow victories and would not be selecting BEST AU

how does that sound?
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 08:58 PM   #97
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like everything, except for the last part.
Old 20-05-2006, 12:05 AM   #98
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

I have been watching this schmoozle like Adam has stated and thank god you have set it in the right direction,good post mate.
And Bucky stop being the Nancy Boy you usually are !
You are in the XR6 catergry nothing more nothing less ! capish ! No you are not a BAXR8 nor are you a T3 rofl.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2006, 12:21 AM   #99
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I think Bucky's car will most likely win most competitions it is entered into, it's a class act all the way. Clearly a benchmark car.

However, if he genuinely doesn't want it entered, then you should respect his wishes, whether you agree with his reasons or not. His car, his choice.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 20-05-2006, 01:13 AM   #100
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I think Bucky's car will most likely win most competitions it is entered into, it's a class act all the way. Clearly a benchmark car.

However, if he genuinely doesn't want it entered, then you should respect his wishes, whether you agree with his reasons or not. His car, his choice.

GK
pffffftttttt

If Dwayne knows what's good for him, he will enter his car ing_sm

J/K Bucky!

(Enter your damn car)
:
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2006, 01:53 AM   #101
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalKeen
have been watching this thread for a while with interest, and as expected has turned in to a shamozzle :

heres me suggestion

start a new thread, dedicate a member (say Casper or Jim etc) to be the ONLY POSTER, everyone provides 3 photos and a quick list of mods to that member who posts them up (with a template setup for each entrant)

to answer your questions Jim, a kitted Forte is classed in the Forte category as that is what it is and shows what it has come from.

categories i would suggest -

Forte/futura
Fairmont/Fairlaine
XR6
XR8
T Series
Wagon
XR Ute
Non XR Ute (maybe, if enough entrants)

then maybe

Best engine bay
Best interior
Best sound
Best boot

any more than that and the categories get too small and too picky

Oh and everyone is in, or someone can enter for them, would be stupid for guys like Bucky etc not to be included otherwise would give people hollow victories and would not be selecting BEST AU

how does that sound?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no Falcon S and best exterior
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2006, 09:14 AM   #102
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
No you are not a BAXR8 .
You mean BFGTP.

Seriously thou, I do not want to be in the Best AU awards. Unlike you guys, I don't see my car as being anything other than what it is. I appreciate the comments about my car, but I'm not driven by this kind of thing, so I really would prefer to not be included in any kind of awards.
Old 20-05-2006, 05:04 PM   #103
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_afg
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no Falcon S and best exterior
sorry ok Falcon S would be in the forte/futura class

best exterior has been ammended to my post cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
...I'm not driven by this kind of thing, so I really would prefer to not be included in any kind of awards.
then should you be pulling out of judging at car shows etc?
same thing mate surely, its a way of people showing their appreciation of your vehicle by selecting it, thats all it is

every time you put a photo of your car up on the forums is it not to show people your pride and joy? and it will be judged anyway by viewers, only this time it is put in a poll....

your making it out as if there is some big responsibility involved if you were to win - its not like the beauty pageants your involved in mate :
Old 20-05-2006, 05:06 PM   #104
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

hmmm cant seem to edit posts?! so for the record people just add "best exterior" to my initial list
Old 20-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #105
I6corp
Was V6corp

I believe, in the admin settings.... they've set it so, that we can only edit posts on the day.... i.e. a time restriction.
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2006, 05:24 PM   #106
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalKeen
then should you be pulling out of judging at car shows etc?
But how do you. When you go to shows, its assumed that your there to be judged. I'm there because I want to be there. I've always said that Trophies over shadow an event because to some people, a trophy is the most important thing in the world, while others don't really care. You remember what happened at the ACT Show N Shine with the Ford Mods Crew. They were so upset with not winning a trophy, it's ridculous. Then they came out bagging the club. I would sooner they got something for their troubles.

I appreciate that car shows and trophies are a given. With the awards I've received at shows, its great and I am pleased that people saw enough in my car to think it is worthy of a trophy. I have them and I wouldn't give them back for anything.

But, personally, I would be happy with a certificate that said "Certificate of Appreciation. Thankyou for your support, thanks for making the effort" That way everyone gets something rather than a few people walking away with a swag of trophies and others walking away with nothing. Too much empasis is put on winning and not participating.

I've got about 4 boxes of trophies in my cupboard, All packed away with nothing to do but gather dust.

I've never been a competative person. If its too hard or not worth the effort, i won't bother. I would sooner take a step back and let others have the spot light.

The other thing is, trophies cost so much, why not have certificates for the categories, and either donate the money to charity, or give the entrant who wins that category a gift certificate to somewhere like Auto Pro or Supercheap.
Old 20-05-2006, 05:37 PM   #107
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont really have much time to read the whole thread. So is this going to go forward?

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2006, 06:01 PM   #108
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy-au
I dont really have much time to read the whole thread. So is this going to go forward?
To this point, its all been about idea's and suggestions. Nothing has really progressed further than idea's. Start a new thread and post your polls and get your nominations in.
Old 20-05-2006, 08:14 PM   #109
SVR73
Mr Polish

As far as looks, performance and most modified, mine would not be in it as it is a stocky 98 VCT except for brakes and intake and still at factory XR ride height settings

But exterior and interior condition wise, good luck finding better than mine, unless it's a 2002 model that's lived in the garage almost all it's life
Old 21-05-2006, 05:03 PM   #110
GK
Walking with God

Quote:

I've always said that Trophies over shadow an event because to some people, a trophy is the most important thing in the world, while others don't really care. .
Trophies are nice, but I reckon the real prize is meeting other guys with the same passion for AU's as yourself! Albert Park earlier this year was just that.

Quote:
But, personally, I would be happy with a certificate that said "Certificate of Appreciation. That way everyone gets something rather than a few people walking away with a swag of trophies and others walking away with nothing. Too much empasis is put on winning and not participating.
Very well put! Agreed, if your identity needs to be bolstered by winning trophies, then something's not quite right!

Quote:
The other thing is, trophies cost so much, why not have certificates for the categories, and either donate the money to charity, or give the entrant who wins that category a gift certificate to somewhere like Auto Pro or Supercheap.
More gems from Bucky! Unfortunately not everyone is as relaxed as you are. In fact many people seem lost, if not driven by competition of one kind or another.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG