Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #31
xr62nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Without fail he is always replying to members audio queries (often answering the same questions multiple times) and his experience comes from working as an audio installer 

cams licence doenst show anything about your driving as its not a driving test to obtain one. Stating how you have done driving courses just means you think your a better driver then you are.

Some cars come out lemons from factory.
Like i said my gtec maybe wrong. and my stop watch also, but if thats not the case and my auto is matching and bettering your manual then there is something wrong somewhere, could be the following

- your driving ability
- your car's lemoness
- the extra weight in your car from the many licences and certificates from your driving courses
xr62nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #32
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

easy answer.. take it to the track on Wed as planned and post up your time in the
AU Powers and Times thread. That will answer all the questions and take all the speculation out of this thread.

I will say though that there are only 3 known "unopened" AU I6's in the 14 second range. Of these only 1 is an auto and I know that the mods required to get it into the 14's were rather significant. All the AU I6 Auto's in the 14's (and all the way down to about 15.5's) have been cammed and/or had other major mods (diff, stall, edit etc)

I still say that it will run a 15.6 at best.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2007, 09:06 PM   #33
stiddy
Banned

No I needed a CAMS licence and approved driving courses to race off road buggies like I did a few years back.
My car is anything but a lemon, it ran a 15.1 stock as a rock on its 4th pass, 1st pass was a 15.5, after that with just a cat back exhaust and the filter taken out it ran a 14.9 and is making a very healthy power, with your measily 39 posts ive doubt you've read much on this fourm. Read up before you fire back with all your arrogant bullshit.
Take your lil stocker to the track so I can laugh when you barely touch the 15's.

Before you claim other cars are lemons you might want to actually get a real ET at a real drag strip yourself. Otherwise you may find yourself looking VERY stupid next Wednesday.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #34
xr62nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Without fail he is always replying to members audio queries (often answering the same questions multiple times) and his experience comes from working as an audio installer 

i think i'll tak caspers guess most serious here as he seems to no the most here knowing the history behind who and which au's run 14's etc.

As for "STIDDY" calling my comments arrogant bullshit, try not to tell me how wrong i am cause your car's time was no better in manual when you have all all these courses trying to make you feel like you can drive better then most people when the reality is you probably have no clue.

As for laughing at me when i run the car... I'd like to see the shape of your face if you do so
Old 14-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #35
stiddy
Banned

lol!!!
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #36
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr62nv
i think i'll tak caspers guess most serious here as he seems to no the most here knowing the history behind who and which au's run 14's etc.
Take it to the track on Wed and give it a run. Just don't get your hopes up too high as the track is a harsh reality sometimes.

Let us know how you go.

Old 14-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #37
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Just run the car . good luck.BTW where are you?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #38
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
No I needed a CAMS licence and approved driving courses to race off road buggies like I did a few years back.
My car is anything but a lemon, it ran a 15.1 stock as a rock on its 4th pass, 1st pass was a 15.5, after that with just a cat back exhaust and the filter taken out it ran a 14.9 and is making a very healthy power, with your measily 39 posts ive doubt you've read much on this fourm. Read up before you fire back with all your arrogant bullshit.
Take your lil stocker to the track so I can laugh when you barely touch the 15's.

Before you claim other cars are lemons you might want to actually get a real ET at a real drag strip yourself. Otherwise you may find yourself looking VERY stupid next Wednesday.
lol, ease up turbo, I dont think he was (well at that point anyway) having a sling, just genuineley curious.

Having said that, the day I tossed the auto tranny for a manual (no sick comments you f***ers) there was a lot more go, in a lot shorter space of time.

Your gtec is gonna be a hell of alot more accurate than a stopwatch - if its not, send it back for a replacement.

Im keen to see the end result
Old 15-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #39
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
"sprjenkins"

i didnt mention 14's anywhere champ. You seem to love your research on how to make your car fast for nothing i suggest you stick to using that, i on the other hand am normal.

i was only stating that i dont think the gtec is going to be over 2 seconds out as some were saying.

from what i have seen it all depends on the car, i have seen xr6 turbo's do from 14.92-14.1 all stock.. also seen s1 xr8 auto on a 15.0 where motor could only manage a 15.7.

ALL depends on the car (driver not much concern in an auto)

that said, from what i've read i cant see my car bettering 15.6.
You mentioned bettering 15.09, then Stav mentioned, 14's. You wanted to know how fast your car would go without any performance mods, I told you, if you don't like it, get lost.

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2007, 04:04 PM   #40
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
thats the times i ran in it. I have no reason to make it up, if ur manual couldnt match it then i cant explain that to you.
Maybe your driving isnt the best or your car isnt as well maitained and tight as mine i dont no.

i could own a dodgy gtec and stop watch too who knows
Mate you have an Auto, xr6, I don't care how good you think your driving is, you just can't over come certain factors, like physics for example.
You can't over come, your stall converter and dump the clutch from high revs, You can't overcome the fact that its a heavy car and you can't overcome the fact that , in the grand scheme of things there not that powerfull. Yes, with certain mods they can go faster, but you don't have any of that. I don't care how good you think you can drive or how well you reckon you maintain your car, you can't defeat these facts on a drag strip.

Ask anyone here with an xr6, stock they do 15.6. I know there is talk that Ford produced some really fast ones and all that, but try find one buddy. Its an urban myth. Have a talk to other blokes here and find out how much money and work it is to drop .1 - .2 of a second and then come back and tell us how much your driving skill matters.

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
Old 15-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #41
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Auto AU XR6 + 100% stock as rock = 0-100 in 6.8 seconds? LMAO! . Don't get me wrong, it may be possible if you took all the seats out, strip the interior and went down a steep hill . Take it to the track and prove us wrong. If you do manage to run a high 14, I will eat humble pie :.
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #42
xr62nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the car runs 6.8 on the gtec and the stop watch respectively. I dont care weather or not u believe it.

Doing any better then a 15.6 on the track? from what i read no i dnt expect it at all.

Manual faster then an auto.. OBVIOUSLY

two seperate cars and the auto comes out faster is possible stiddy. If your car wasnt bettering my auto dont get all emotional about it.

so u get lost and dnt try get smart with me champ
Old 15-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #43
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Enough is enough. I'm borderline about to delete this entire thread.

End result. 6.8 seconds in an auto AU XR6 is highly unlikely. It may do it but I've yet to ever see one even close. In stock form I've yet to see a manual lose to an auto. In modified form the auto's are easily a match for the manuals... but thats not stock.

I suggest that this thread get left alone until xr62nv has got an ET and posted up the time slip. The 60', 330' 1/8 MPH and 1/4 ET & MPH will tell the story as a fact. Until then its all speculation and estimation (and no, GTech times are not considered fact, no more so than a dyno figure will guess an ET.. and we all know what sort of guesswork that is).

xr62nv.. get a time slip, its the only thing that will stop all the speculation. Until then theres no more point to this thread.

Old 15-06-2007, 10:42 PM   #44
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

hahaha, and in the blue corner........

The amount of threads on fordforums with tension at the moment.... makes for a very entertaining read!

We all drive fords kiddies! but make sure you post your time in this thread - weather its bad or good
Old 16-06-2007, 12:59 AM   #45
AUTickford
XD197

Someone delete this thread before there is a big catfight,real men,women take their cars to the drags and then say what time they did when they are handed their timeslip ing_sm
AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #46
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I dont like deleting threads if I dont have to.. but I will delete posts.

I want to know what time the car runs now.. as I'm sure a lot of others do to. Lets let the thread live until then at least.

Old 16-06-2007, 01:26 AM   #47
AUTickford
XD197

Sounds like a fair plan to me,i think we all would like to see a result.
Old 16-06-2007, 01:54 AM   #48
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprjenkins
Youv'e got more chance of winning tattslotto than having a completly stock au xr6 run 14s, unless of course you quarter mile happens to be straight down the side of a very steep hill. It just can't happen.

Actually, I lie. You can make a xr6 do 14's with no power mods. Take of the doors, windows, bonnet, boot lid, quarter panels, tape the battery in place because youv'e removed the battery bracket, take out the seats, the center console, chop the roof off, basically leave the floor pan and just enough structure to hold whats left together and you'll do 14's... just

But if you take all that crap off its not stock is it? :

try some 4.11's : :

thats the quickest/easiest and the SAFE way.

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
EF Futura 07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 10:22 PM   #49
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF Futura 07
But if you take all that crap off its not stock is it? :

try some 4.11's : :

thats the quickest/easiest and the SAFE way.
Yeah I agree 100%, but that is doing it with no power mods, which was kinda the point of the post

Old 21-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #50
xr62nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

had two runs only didnt wanna kill my car.
1st pass 15.167 @ 92.7mp/h
2nd pass 15.098 @ 92.2mp/h

60ft times were 2.688 and 2.632

660ft was 10.182 and 10.117

i put the g.tec on my second run and it showed a 0-100 in 7.01 and 1/4 mile in 14.996

full sound system in the car too, i was pretty happy
Old 21-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #51
JoesAu

well done mate!! when you say sound system do you have Subbs in the boot?? If u did thats an excellent time tAKE em out and fly into the 14's mate.
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2007, 09:50 AM   #52
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

A very good time indeed.
From what I've been told it was almost arctic temps at WSID last night, something like a zero track temp! That would have to have been the most perfect night for racing! I wish I was there!

Old 21-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #53
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
I stand by my estimate of 14.9 but your margin is 15.3 to 14.9 . You will run the time for sure based on what information you have stated. Despite the gtech bashers I know that the gtech doesnt lie.
Bring on the 15.4 to 14.9 mate .The car has got it in it.

Hahah well done. Pretty close.Without the subs a 14.9 may have been there. Btw your 60 footers suck. What happened? Wheelspin?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #54
The Monty
Just slidin'

Man, those 60 footers are something to work on. The G-tech wasnt too far off on that second run.
Good to see you go out and have a crack.
Old 21-06-2007, 06:15 PM   #55
xr62nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nuh no wheel spin.. My tyres are bald on the back so was going easy on take off (i.e taking off from 800rpm as oposed to my usual 1700-1800rpm) althogh thought the 60ft wasnt too bad

theres around 40-50kg in soundsystem in the boot (2 massive amps 10kg each and 100Litre 18mm sub box housing 2x12's.. and 0gage wireing all the way, very heavy stuff haha)
and had over half my tank of fuel (mobil 98 octane all the way)
Old 21-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #56
AUTickford
XD197

Yep thats a bloody good time and it should have a little more in it yet,that should shut a few cakeholes up on this thread.Good onya man keep at it,my v8 pulled a 14.906 at 92.78mph so yours should be doing that or better. :
Old 21-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #57
The Monty
Just slidin'

With the 60's, I get 2.3's and 2.4's, out of the auto six, with hardly any mods, and run it through for 15.8's.
Old 22-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #58
Fast VRX

2.6 60ft's and running 15.0's I smell bullshit.......
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2007, 05:57 PM   #59
AUTickford
XD197

Fast vrx maybe your backbone is too short,every car is different maybe the au in question has a really good top end and sluggy bottom end as indicated by the quarter mile time and mph.
Old 22-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #60
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast VRX
2.6 60ft's and running 15.0's I smell bullshit.......
well, heres some similar times to compare:

292 XE351B fairmont XE N/A 2.295 9.779@73.77 15.052@93.28
293 Bishop VS Commodore N/A 176.0 2.179 9.620@71.85 15.060@90.13
294 smoke EF GLi N/A 2.120 9.694@71.84 15.063@92.25
295 exr69r ef falcon N/A 15.079@91.00
296 Bens_ELXR6 Ford Falcon EL XR6 N/A 148.8 2.175 9.674@72.37 15.080@91.03
297 Type40 Mitsubishi Magna N/A 2.589 10.230@71.45 15.087@92.19
298 SIKSIX AU Falcon N/A 2.144 15.095@91.03
299 WINDSR EF FALCON XR8 N/A 192.0 2.320 9.490@76.15 15.100@96.70

oddly enough the closest one is a magna with very similar 60', 1/8th and 1/4 ET's and Mph. Go figure.

Last edited by Casper; 22-06-2007 at 09:07 PM.