Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-07-2020, 08:12 PM   #3241
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

That’s a shame. The chicky Smurf was kinda cute.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-07-2020, 08:29 PM   #3242
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
That’s a shame. The chicky Smurf was kinda cute.
and little.

The blue people from the Twilight Zone. Not so little as I remember.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2020, 04:29 PM   #3243
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate stupidity.
It's probably irrational, since I imagine morons can't help being stupid, but I get so frustrated having to deal with them.
But what really gets me is the new and inventive ways people find to display their stupidity. I've had my eye out for a particular type of classic car.
This guy had put together a very well written ad. He had clearly researched the car, to understand what he had, and even had some of the individual history.
He even went so far as to explain how relatively rare this car is. Which is a little annoying but also made the let-down even worse. We'd exchanged a couple of messages, with me questioning the condition of the V12 that makes the car so rare, before the cretin finally lets on that the engine is gone, replaced with some Holden pos.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2020, 12:44 PM   #3244
.:4:.
Kicking back

Im on leave at the moment. Work called asking a work related question, whatever dont care about that. So it was about metering at a site we have on the northern beaches. So i rattle off what i know but said get one of the boys to check numbers and confirm. My manager sighs and says he will have to go out there. Then he tells me we have people working on site. Its just confirming numbers and ive explained locations, but apparently thats deemed to hard to get someone on site to do. My work is retarded, if a person it too retarded to do what is in their job description, they dont get asked to do it.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2020, 10:05 PM   #3245
fnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
I hate stupidity.
It's probably irrational, since I imagine morons can't help being stupid, but I get so frustrated having to deal with them.
But what really gets me is the new and inventive ways people find to display their stupidity. I've had my eye out for a particular type of classic car.
This guy had put together a very well written ad. He had clearly researched the car, to understand what he had, and even had some of the individual history.
He even went so far as to explain how relatively rare this car is. Which is a little annoying but also made the let-down even worse. We'd exchanged a couple of messages, with me questioning the condition of the V12 that makes the car so rare, before the cretin finally lets on that the engine is gone, replaced with some Holden pos.

Please say it wasn't a Jag XJS with a ****ing LS1... heresy
Old 22-07-2020, 10:45 PM   #3246
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Another thing i heard from a different kind of cleaner was dead people are easier to deal with then alive ones. She was a forensic cleaner who clearly had been desensitized on the scene of something i am not. Some cleaners have more practical advice.
Not always... rigor mortis makes it hard to move them sometimes. We were trying to get this big guy out of his Holden one-tonne ute, parked underneath an old house on stumps without a lot of head room, but he was locked up with rigor. Everytime we tried to pull him towards the door, some part of him would hit the horn pad in the centre of the steering wheel.

It was especially loud at 1am.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them

@GasoLane;
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2020, 11:00 PM   #3247
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I can’t put a like on that because it’s someone’s son, but yes, can easily see the potential for black humour.
Old 22-07-2020, 11:05 PM   #3248
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
I can’t put a like on that because it’s someone’s son, but yes, can easily see the potential for black humour.
I do respect that.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them

@GasoLane;
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2020, 06:47 PM   #3249
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Brand new / near new houses that still have an 820mm wide front door....

C'mon - spend the extra few dollars and go the 920....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2020, 07:26 PM   #3250
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Agreed, can hardly fit a barrow through!

My gripe today is having a Fleabay “non paying bidder” case opened against me for a 99pence purchase. The seller arranged Oz postage directly with me and I paid in a lump sum, they sent it next day but forgot to mark the item as “Paid”. Now it’s stuck in some automated loop where the issue seems irresoluble unless the sale is cancelled or I pay twice.
Old 25-07-2020, 07:32 PM   #3251
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Agreed, can hardly fit a barrow through!

My gripe today is having a Fleabay “non paying bidder” case opened against me for a 99pence purchase. The seller arranged Oz postage directly with me and I paid in a lump sum, they sent it next day but forgot to mark the item as “Paid”. Now it’s stuck in some automated loop where the issue seems irresoluble unless the sale is cancelled or I pay twice.
Yeah - Ebay is funny like that.

Some twat opened a dispute with me for not posting their 99c rubbish bin to Tassie when the add clearly states no postage, local collection ONLY.

Been sitting unresolved for almost a month...

They should be able to mark the item as paid from their end???

Old 25-07-2020, 08:51 PM   #3252
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Yeah - Ebay is funny like that.

Some twat opened a dispute with me for not posting their 99c rubbish bin to Tassie when the add clearly states no postage, local collection ONLY.

Been sitting unresolved for almost a month...

What a surprise...

No sooner did I post the above then I get this from Ebay:

Quote:
This request is closed

Hi YF,

We closed this request since there's been no activity for 21 days. As a result, the hold on this transaction has been removed.

You don't need to do anything else--we wanted to keep you updated.
About bloody time....

Old 25-07-2020, 09:25 PM   #3253
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF
It may be due to the seller being unwittingly stitched into the “Global Shipping Program” that wanted £19 to post a simple flash cable plus £4.80 in “import fees” for same, that it can’t be marked as paid until this aspect is fulfilled...

This same venereal venerable auction house automatically turned a listing of mine into “or Best Offer” tonight and set a threshold of 50% my BIN figure. Not on your nelly; swapped it back immediately.
Old 29-07-2020, 10:39 PM   #3254
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was working in a store today, had my bay barricaded off, working at ground level on the stool, this old guy pushes his way in and stands over the top of me.I can smell what he had for breakfast.I’m in the corner so can’t back away.
“Excuse me that’s NOT 1.5 METERS!”
Wait for a response 1...2....3...4....5 nothing.
So I stand up and gesture for him to leave.
He literally had no idea why I was upset, NO FKN IDEA!
God I wish I could throat punch while on the job :/

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz

Last edited by danzvtil; 29-07-2020 at 10:44 PM.
danzvtil is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2020, 02:50 AM   #3255
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Another thing i heard from a different kind of cleaner was dead people are easier to deal with then alive ones. She was a forensic cleaner who clearly had been desensitized on the scene of something i am not.
Thats a gig I wish I could get into. I hate people.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2020, 11:57 PM   #3256
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Something I really hate is when idiots think its quite ok to lie about the kilometres their car has travelled, based on some bizarre rationale they have invented.
Now kms are not the be-all and end-all, but they can at a quick glance give you a rough idea of the usage a car may have. If you're looking at a 10yr old GT, and it's done 50kk, then it's probably been his pride & joy, kept for weekends, holidays, and cruises. And its possibly worth what he's asking. But when you find one that's done nearly 400kk, and is completely knackered, but some tosser still wants a mint "cos its rare", then probably not.

It's bad enough when they do it based on something substantial, such as a re-built engine. But one flogger was basing it off kms travelled since since he installed some kind of "kit". FMD
Old 31-07-2020, 12:57 AM   #3257
Kicking back

I was getting a tad annoyed by the police helicopter doing the rounds, then a second one joined. Someone must have done something bad. But its ****ing annoying.
Old 31-07-2020, 02:13 PM   #3258
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I was getting a tad annoyed by the police helicopter doing the rounds, then a second one joined. Someone must have done something bad. But its ****ing annoying.
the boys on too you mate, your days are numbered
your ex has put
Old 31-07-2020, 02:21 PM   #3259
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

A VicPol style “welfare check”?
Old 31-07-2020, 03:01 PM   #3260
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
the boys on too you mate, your days are numbered
your ex has put
Pretty sure I havent done anything illegal lately. Well apart from maybe looking left and right then rolling through stop signs as if they're give way signs. But if there is no cross traffic, no need for 2 police helicopters.
Im pretty booring when it comes to illegal stuff. I cannot be bothered bag snatching, that involves running and old ladies could probably beat me up. Installing grow lights and water into the roof space of my house, too much like hard work. I think i will just stick to legitimate business, and the even more booring stuff like paying tax etc.
Old 31-07-2020, 04:46 PM   #3261
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

A good-natured “I hate that”.

Few days ago I was commenting on another thread about super-low spot prices for cars where the owner was just “over it” in the face of high repair quotes.

Today my occasional colleague in the workshop calls me. Got a free Pug 307, with rego and recent timing belt change. Seriously, in good condition, too. The body computer memory cap had failed (as they do) and it lost its bundle (as follows this event). All it needs is the body module reconfigured and the two supplied keys to be coded in again. About 20 minutes’ work with the diagnostic gear I have.

The “gifter” had been quoted $7K by a dealer to fix. Unbelievable.

Why do I hate this? Because my mate didn’t offer it to me even for $200, the mongrel.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:31 PM   #3262
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Listings on real estate websites.

Units are not houses, retirement villages are not standard units, parking spots in front of the garage, on the grass, down the side of the house is not garage parking - nor are existing garages that have been converted into offices / gym / rumpus / games room etc.

Villas and townhouses are not 'houses'.

Vacant land with DA approval does not have existing 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 2 car parking.

Wish you could 'report listing' to get them re-advertised properly....

Such a waste going through countless useless results because listing agents are a little creative with what they are selling.

3 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2020, 06:44 PM   #3263
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guys,
What I hate and its not that difficult to do.
Why don't people use there indicators when turning?

It doesn't take that much muscle or time to turn the dam things on so why do people have so much trouble doing it?
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2020, 02:06 AM   #3264
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Arthritic knees when the painkillers haven’t kicked in, yep hate that.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2020, 02:23 AM   #3265
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
But when you find one that's done nearly 400kk, and is completely knackered, but some tosser still wants a mint "cos its rare", then probably not.
People like that deserve to be in prison for lying grotesquely about a car.

A car is super important to society today and taking advantage of someone like that is criminal.

Lots of crack heads are like that round here.

Quote:
The “gifter” had been quoted $7K by a dealer to fix. Unbelievable.
wow this is a better antidote than anything to keep me away from modern cars. Fact that a car can become a paperweight because of a supercap going south...
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2020, 02:57 AM   #3266
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

It’s a known fault with the Pugs, looking after the battery is the simplest fix, and knowing your key programming code. The Alfa V6 ECU that vibrates its SMDs off the circuit board is another level of nasty.
Old 03-08-2020, 02:49 PM   #3267
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

480x2≠900

Old 04-08-2020, 08:24 PM   #3268
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Listings on real estate websites.

Units are not houses, retirement villages are not standard units, parking spots in front of the garage, on the grass, down the side of the house is not garage parking - nor are existing garages that have been converted into offices / gym / rumpus / games room etc.

Villas and townhouses are not 'houses'.

Vacant land with DA approval does not have existing 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 2 car parking.

Wish you could 'report listing' to get them re-advertised properly....

Such a waste going through countless useless results because listing agents are a little creative with what they are selling.
Oh God I hate that.

The worst one: It's advertised as a House, 3 beds, 1 bath, 1 single garage. Presumably because that's what the house has...
And even includes a photo of the house.
Furthermore it gives the land area as 798sqm, because that's what it is. So I'm super enthused. For $250k I figure the house is a dump, but that's ok I love DIY.

Turns out they are planning to demolish the house, and the price is for a THIRD of the land.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:21 PM   #3269
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just wasted 1.5 hours driving to Bunnings.
Website tells me there's stock of what I want.
None of the shelf, none out the back, no demo model.
No-one around to unlock the spraycan shelf.
Put the other 2 items I had down and walked out.

I like to use my time efficiently, which is why I did my homework online to decide which model I am buying and then used their site to check availability.
****s me.
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2020, 06:11 PM   #3270
Kicking back

I had to go out and buy new phone charger cords today. Im not unusual in the sense i did have a charger in a few rooms in the house and one in the car, but over time they all died bar my final 1. My kid who lives with his nana, his tablet died because he 'has' no charger. I asked why and he said his mums cord died so she took the one i got him and wont let him use it. So i was going to take him tomorrow to buy cords, but i did it today. Reason being the 4 foot ones i like are only $10 but from the tabacconist. Not that thats an issue buying phone chargers, but my kid would instantly tell his mum he got it from the smoke shop and id have backlash to deal with. So i bought him 2. And 2 for myself. But its annoying because unless you make a specific trip, phone cords are expensive if you get them from a servo out of convenience.
Appart from the fact you just cant do that, people dont have a sense of humour. I would have loved to have taken the kid in, asked for the 4 cables, then asked the boy if he wanted a treat. Then asked for a pack of winfeild reds for the young bloke. My kid would be mortified, but i would laugh.
2 users like this post: