Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 23-11-2020, 12:50 AM   #7861
mostly_broncos

Default Re: Covid 19 -

people still watch the Olympics?

The most breathtakingly corrupt enterprise in human history to date
This user likes this post:
Old 23-11-2020, 05:51 AM   #7862
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Before the international travel restrictions, it seemed that every fortnight brought a new nuffy wanting tens of thousands in crowdfunding to be patched up and flown home after an accident in Bali. I suppose they’ll resurface in due course but the current silence is lovely.

And while we’re talking seaside holidays, does Queensland have no regs on gatherings or distance between people? The pictures of schoolies at Noosa would suggest so.
Old 23-11-2020, 07:06 AM   #7863
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Before the international travel restrictions, it seemed that every fortnight brought a new nuffy wanting tens of thousands in crowdfunding to be patched up and flown home after an accident in Bali. I suppose they’ll resurface in due course but the current silence is lovely.

And while we’re talking seaside holidays, does Queensland have no regs on gatherings or distance between people? The pictures of schoolies at Noosa would suggest so.
We have some rules but they only apply to Victorians anyway so nobody cares. And the election is over too.
And there are restrictions on Sydneysiders too; no, you can't come here for a holiday. We won the football but we still hate you all, so there.
It's the new trend we've adopted from the US, behave like 2 year olds, it's our sunshine and you can't have any.
https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/gover...s-restrictions
2 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2020, 08:04 AM   #7864
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Well lets get back on track then.

I see Sweden has totally capitulated on the Herd Immunity thing. 1 in 5 infected and death rates mounting. Glad I went there before all of this because now, knowing how stupid they are and how little they value life, I won't ever bother going back.

Yep, the last few people alive after all this is over might be immune... knuckleheads

Sweden’s herd immunity strategy has failed, hospitals inundated

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe...a1d38548eabff9
I have been saying this to the nay-sayers since day one, it is not just about the people who die, it will clog up the hospitals, leaving others e.g. heart attack victims with no beds. The nay-sayers just don't get it
Old 23-11-2020, 08:38 AM   #7865
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Look out NSW, all the Melbournites were amassing on this side of the border last night.
Come around 4am here, there was a mass exidos despite the fowl weather, running like the border was going to re-close the next day.

Old 23-11-2020, 08:55 AM   #7866
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’m waiting for them with free mask-less hugs. Watch them scarper!
Old 23-11-2020, 09:01 AM   #7867
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’m waiting for them with free mask-less hugs. Watch them scarper!
Let me see, leave 4, breakfast, fuel stops, 7 hours casual drive, arrive after peak, 11ish time to duck for cover. Goog luck.

Old 23-11-2020, 09:14 AM   #7868
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’m looking forward to visiting my elderly cousin in Mt Eliza without the waste of time quarantining.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2020, 10:59 AM   #7869
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ABC is reporting that the US is seeing record numbers of CV patients in hospitals and record numbers under intensive care. It is not looking good. Even if a vaccine comes out tomorrow, it won't save the ones already infected. My 8 year old nephew hasn't been to school since March. My 5 year old niece returned to school a few weeks ago, but has to wear face shield. I hope the Biden administration can get this under control, but I can't see how citizens will play ball with any restrictions.

Again, we should be thankful officials here took hard and necessary steps to smash the virus in Vic. I actually believe it saved the rest of the Australia. But yes, I'm a one eyed lefty on Dan's payroll.

PS. My cousin actually received approval from the feds to travel overseas last week. Hasn't seen his first born child since Jan when the kid flew over to visit relatives. But he is not allowed back in for 3 months.
Old 23-11-2020, 12:21 PM   #7870
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Again, we should be thankful officials here took hard and necessary steps to smash the virus in Vic. I actually believe it saved the rest of the Australia. But yes, I'm a one eyed lefty on Dan's payroll.
It's a funny argument though - Victoria was criminally negligent and almost took the rest of Australia down but then saved us from Armageddon by doing the right thing. I'm ok with all of that but I won't be patting anyone on the back for it.

-1+1=0.

I'm not as angry as I was a few months back - there's no point and I'm looking forward to seeing Mum, Dad and all my siblings for Christmas now.
7 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2020, 12:39 PM   #7871
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
It's a funny argument though - Victoria was criminally negligent and almost took the rest of Australia down but then saved us from Armageddon by doing the right thing. I'm ok with all of that but I won't be patting anyone on the back for it.

-1+1=0.

I'm not as angry as I was a few months back - there's no point and I'm looking forward to seeing Mum, Dad and all my siblings for Christmas now.
Notice I said I was thankful for the response, not the initial mistakes.

SA has shown that, despite best intentions and "strong" controls, the virus can get out. But I get it, its the Victorian premier, and there is a section of community that wants his head.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2020, 01:20 PM   #7872
Trevor 57
is now there

They won't get his head

and for the record, before COVID there was a rumour Andres was going to retire and hand the reins to someone else to let them get the focus before the next election, but decided to stall it until after the COVID. And I can see the headlines now LABOR DUMPS ANDREWS AS A SHONK!!!! from the Murdoch press

Vic Labor has a history of doing this - retire Premiers to allow for a smooth transition
Old 23-11-2020, 01:43 PM   #7873
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT November 21st, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

15 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR drops to 3.260% while active cases rise to 1,392. NSW recorded 11 cases, WA 2 and SA/Queensland recorded 1 each.

9 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.233% and active cases rise to 50.

The UK had a lower 18,662 cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 578 deaths.

Just over 174k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,500 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.103% and active cases rise to 38.4% with the raw numbers rising and now over 4.7M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points: (weekend numbers again)
Europe passes 350k deaths;
The USA completes 180M, India 131M, Russia 72M, and Myanmar 1M tests.

Lithuania (2,307);
Japan (2,514);
Azerbaijan (3,196);
Georgia (4,048); and
Turkey (6,017) - I missed the high yesterday of 5,532

... all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2020, 04:27 PM   #7874
tweeked
N/A all the way

Where is the active cases numbers for Australia coming from Russ? I thought 1392 sounded way too high, https://covidlive.com.au/ has it as 95.

Old 23-11-2020, 05:16 PM   #7875
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
They won't get his head

and for the record, before COVID there was a rumour Andres was going to retire and hand the reins to someone else to let them get the focus before the next election, but decided to stall it until after the COVID. And I can see the headlines now LABOR DUMPS ANDREWS AS A SHONK!!!! from the Murdoch press

Vic Labor has a history of doing this - retire Premiers to allow for a smooth transition
Yeah and have a history of losing elections when replaced with duds....
Old 23-11-2020, 05:31 PM   #7876
Trevor 57
is now there

I can't disagree with that - the only time I didn't support a Labor leader was with John Brumby and his water plan - worst policy ever, attempted to steal water from the driest part of the State in a drought to give to Melbourne - growing spiders now
Old 23-11-2020, 05:33 PM   #7877
Trevor 57
is now there

Felt sorry for Kirner though, Cain was a tool and left her with a lame duck
Old 23-11-2020, 09:11 PM   #7878
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...d09ef348827e34

Gladys under fire for not isolating after being tested. She hasn't had a good month.
Queenslander !!!
Old 23-11-2020, 09:45 PM   #7879
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post

Gladys under fire for not isolating after being tested. She hasn't had a good month.
Queenslander !!!
She had a "rapid test" performed, and a negative result was returned in approximately two hours. Two hours! She couldn't self isolate for two hours!!?? Attending meetings and Parliament while waiting for her result to come in.
Old 23-11-2020, 09:49 PM   #7880
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Meanwhile in China...

Approximately 14'000 people at Shanghai's Pudong International Airport were asked to be tested. They refused and barged through.

At least this time around they tried to stop people. Back in December and January, China was deliberately letting infected people travel overseas.
Old 24-11-2020, 06:31 AM   #7881
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post

Queenslander !!!
ahhh well, she has been ScoMO's puppet, NSW has been touted as the ducks guts when it comes to handling the pandemic - when you are on a pedestal . . . . . . . .
Old 24-11-2020, 11:36 AM   #7882
Bossxr8
Peter Car

So Qantas saying no jab, no fly. Knew it was a matter of time before the "not mandatory" vaccine started being forced on people. Next step will be removing welfare and various other government initiatives from people that don't get the "not mandatory" vaccine.

All for a virus with a 99.7% recovery rate, in a country with basically a handful of cases. They can shove their untried vaccine until it's been proven it's safe and effective imo. And not just some rushed trials.

Already hearing things like older people have less side effects than younger people after being given the vaccine. So what exactly are these side effects? Tiredness, sore throat, a second head?
Old 24-11-2020, 11:41 AM   #7883
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
So Qantas saying no jab, no fly. Knew it was a matter of time before the "not mandatory" vaccine started being forced on people. Next step will be removing welfare and various other government initiatives from people that don't get the "not mandatory" vaccine.

All for a virus with a 99.7% recovery rate, in a country with basically a handful of cases. They can shove their untried vaccine until it's been proven it's safe and effective imo. And not just some rushed trials.

Already hearing things like older people have less side effects than younger people after being given the vaccine. So what exactly are these side effects? Tiredness, sore throat, a second head?
Any verification links for these please?
Old 24-11-2020, 11:45 AM   #7884
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Havent seen the link but QANTAS will want to be very careful with that one.

No jab no play policies have been around for a while but while I dont agree with much of what you say BossXr8 I do agree that I am happy to wait for 6 months or so until the vaccines have been widely used.

Even then ill stretch it as long as I can, my kids and myself are fully vaccinated, but this sits differently with me.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 12:06 PM   #7885
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't like needles so I'll wait for the pill.
Old 24-11-2020, 12:52 PM   #7886
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Alan Joyce says the rule will apply to anyone entering or leaving Australia on a Qantas flight

He's also considering extending it to domestic flights

Side effects of the vaccine is said to be aches and pain, nausea

Another site with the same msg

Likely we all searched but I put some links here
Old 24-11-2020, 01:07 PM   #7887
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
www.google.com

Or turn your tv on. It's all over the news
Old 24-11-2020, 01:16 PM   #7888
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
www.google.com

Or turn your tv on. It's all over the news
Thank you for pointing out Google and TV, I never would have thought of that.

My point was that you made the statements and it's only polite to include links to back up what was posted.
Old 24-11-2020, 01:18 PM   #7889
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:

Taxi owners have the right to refuse people who are dirty, drunk, etc. Same same. But it's more that Qantas knows that there will be a new world order in travel coming up - you're not vaccine certified? Get back on the plane where you came from.

I'm all for it. As a FF myself I don't expect to have to sit next to some plague-ridden zombie.

This will spread to other forms of social interactions as well - restaurants, cinemas, hotels, who knows - even employment? It won't take the long to convert the 'vaxers into compliant citizens
Old 24-11-2020, 02:05 PM   #7890
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT November 23rd, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

14 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR drops to 3.258%. NSW & WA recorded 5 cases each, Queensland 3 and SA 1 case.

2 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.232% and active cases rise to 52.

The UK had a lower 15,450 cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 26 deaths.

Just over 153k new cases in the USA yesterday and 887 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.084% and active cases rise to 38.8% with the raw numbers rising and now over 4.8M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 59M with the last 1M in 2 days;
Global deaths pass 1.4M with the last 50k in 4 days;
Africa passes 50k deaths;
The USA completes 182M, India 132M, UK 41M, Spain 21M, France 20M tests.

Palestine (1,552);
Malaysia (1,884);
Turkey (6,713);
Canada (7052) - 28% above the previous high; and
Russia (25,173)

... all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread