Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: What is your Marital Status?
Female - In Relationship 58 8.57%
Female - Single 30 4.43%
Male - In Relationship 300 44.31%
Male - Single 289 42.69%
Voters: 677. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 11:11 AM   #1
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

pathetic.. 40 year old virgin still living at home with mum and tending his collection of pogs pathetic?

Or stubbies and flannel shirt standing in dole queue pathetic?

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 11-02-2005, 11:22 AM   #2
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
pathetic.. 40 year old virgin still living at home with mum and tending his collection of pogs pathetic?

Or stubbies and flannel shirt standing in dole queue pathetic?
Stubbies and flannel shirt standing in dole queue pathetic? That would do it for me.. :

Last edited by LuvinmyEB; 11-02-2005 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Is it getting hot in here?
Old 11-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #3
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

Another girl here. My first words on the 'other' forum were "Am I the only girl?" and at that stage I believe I was! :

Why did I come to the forums? Well I came from Blue Oval News originally and Chucky (FM) gently guided me to the other forum from there, as there were quite a few questions people had that I had the resources to answer.

I don't think there is any way of attracting girls that aren't interested in cars here (though I do recall one ages ago that was the sister of another forum member). My interest in cars has been bred into me, I have grown up with a car related background and have worked for the past 5 1/2 years in a Ford related field.

The forum has provided some very interesting and challenging moments to date, but I have met some awesome people. You know who you are! I still get contacted by forum members with very interesting requests.. it is quite fascinating and makes my day more interesting finding out an answer.

:
Old 11-02-2005, 11:38 AM   #4
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

well this is a wonderful debate as for the comments on women changes things like colour etc go and get a life. Not all of us are colour freaks or change freaks or that picky. Alot of us are hard working and under appreciated. To the comment of laminge being sexiest i dont think that is what he was implying i think he would like to get women who are either the other halfs ( or should i say better) of the guys on here involoved or the ones who generally like to work on cars etc. Not the ones who are only in it for a good time although i could see alot of guys enjoying those ones to. On the other side of things generally women dont get the time to sit at the computer because A) the men are hogging it B) we are tending to the needs of our children and husbands C) there is always some sort of cleaning needed to be done around the house usually after the males. So yes i would have to agree that we do need more women on here but idoubt if you will get them.

Last edited by Casper; 11-02-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:57 AM   #5
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahahahaha.....casper why dont you be nice and do the housework one night so peta can get on and talk with us all :P

anyway, so far i dont think there is one single girl yet! the AFF dating thread isnt looking too promising for the single fellas unfortunately
Old 11-02-2005, 12:09 PM   #6
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol awwww deleted posts...and it was just starting to get interesting :

looks like its attracted a bit of interest too! 13 members viewing!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:16 PM   #7
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

goddammm!!

This thread has gone the wrong way so fast

All I wanted to know how do we make this a family forum as well as one for all to enjoy!

Can we keep it on that idea, after all, familiy comes first!
Old 11-02-2005, 02:17 PM   #8
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
All I wanted to know how do we make this a family forum as well as one for all to enjoy
Hey Gary
Speaking broadly, many women need to feel secure in this type of environment. To attract more women to the forums I would start my suggesting some strict guidelines are placed into effect to make them feel safe and not subject to harassment. Once this is done make this point of difference clear for promotion. The word will spead and they will come if interested.

I suggest you let the women themselves determine what guidelines they wish to have in place by asking, what makes/would make then feel comfortable and safe here.

Colville

Last edited by WASP; 11-02-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:27 PM   #9
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Hey Gary
Speaking broadly, many women need to feel secure in this type of environment. To attract more women to the forums I would start my suggesting some strict guidelines are placed into effect to make them feel safe and not subject to harassment. Once this is done make this point of difference clear for promotion. The word will spead and they will come if interested.

I suggest you let the women themselves determine what guidelines they wish to have in place by asking, what makes/would make then feel comfortable and safe here.

Colville
Very well said CDAA.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #10
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
All I wanted to know how do we make this a family forum as well as one for all to enjoy!
I thought AFF already was an open minded and family friendly forum! It would be nice to see a few more of the fairer sex participating though!! :voldar02:
Old 11-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #11
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Another female here, also taken. ( : Fairmont99)
I think I joined the "other" forum to ask a question about the car I'm rebuilding. (I didn't get an answer, and am still stuck with the problem)
After that I lurked for another 6 months before actually joining in.
I think just give the girls time, and if they are intelligent enough to like Fords (and men who own Fords) they'll find their way here. :
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 11-02-2005, 01:02 PM   #12
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Another female here, also taken. ( : Fairmont99)
Too right you are : :
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:43 PM   #13
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

ok another girl here...

and i think i am the first single one! woohoo exciting :
i just like fords... and that's why i'm here!

pics of my ute HERE
Old 11-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #14
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Obviously I'm a girl.. and taken

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
Old 11-02-2005, 01:02 PM   #15
MadManz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin_Girl
ok another girl here...

oh boy here we go, you know its like listing your self!

Old 11-02-2005, 05:22 PM   #16
Black Kat

Female here *waves hand from the back row*

Also single... :(

Old 11-02-2005, 10:08 PM   #17
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Kat

Well, I reckon you're set, the odds are in your favour.
You only need to state your preference of age and car.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:20 AM   #18
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin_Girl
ok another girl here...

PICK ME, PICK ME :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Kat

PICK ME, PICK ME :

Just joking.
Start of last year I had a girlfriend & money. Ended up mid year, no money, no girlfriend. She didn't like fords... Nuff said.
7 months later, still single and i just bought a V8
At the moment I'd rather the V8 than a girl friend, It's cheaper to run & I love it.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:21 AM   #19
XR8GRL