Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-08-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Default What to do MKII

Okay Friends and Family of the AU Clan. Serious advice please.

Most people would be aware of my AU. ( pic below)

I am fairly limited for room to keep this car. I purchased it new in 2002, and I love it, but... With a few bikes, the FG, an old Triton work ute, and probably a late model Hilux ute joining the house today, i need to move on the AU (and the triton)

So, to maximise the return on the AU, what should I do?
Details.

AUXR6, 1 owner. 250000k

First, what makes it go and stop
Auto
JMM Dev4 Camshaft installed
Pacies and 2.5' exhaust
Tickford wide mouth intake
K&N Panel Filter
Made 184 on Dyno iirc in this guise when we ran it many years ago.
Cross drilled and Slotted Rotors and Bendix Performance Pads
Runs and idles like factory and drives perfectly.

for looks and life
All factory supplied standard options, like Tickford HP 6, Aircon, Steer, ABS, Front electric windows, Electric mirrors, you know how they come.
Add factory floormats
Momo wheel and gear knob
V8 Supercar front and rear bumpers
Genuine factory T3 Rear wing
Bootlid Carpet
AMG 18' Wheels, 6 of them
4 brand new tyres
Tinted windows

Okay, so whats not perfect.
Its got a quarter million k's, so...... It mostly drives and functions as a car this age does. As it has been used, I have repaired , serviced and replaced items as required. There is nothing I consider would stop me getting in and going on a long journey today, aware that it has never left me stranded in nearly 15 years.
Recently, all cooling hoses and Coolant Header Tank have been replaced when I serviced the cooling system. (no failure, just grubby). I have replaced both window regulators as they were becoming slow. All wheel bearings just done and diff/ Transmission serviced. I have replaced the tie rod ends and rack ends and rubbers when I replaced the tyres and wheel aligned.
The joint at the bottom of the steering column has some play.
Some minor oil leaks from the engine.
Paintwork is Rat Ship as the best description. I live in an industrial town, so 10 years of industrial fallout has taken its toll. Add a dent in the rhr quarter panel. Both the front and rear bumpers need some minor glass tidy up and repainting.
All wheels have some gutter rash.
Drivers seat base is sagged.
Hood lining replaced.

Was our family car until replaced with an FGII recently.
What would you recommend?

MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post