Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
CODSASR

Default 2010 ford taurus

Hey guys found this video interesting some how it has changed my view on the Taurus seems to be a good little car.

The car in the video is a Taurus SHO v6 ecoboost

Check out some of his other vids there are some nice cars there

http://www.youtube.com/user/saabkyle.../4/PuotDTQmZCY

2012 SZ TS Territory
CODSASR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't like the shape, The front and rear, the huge blingy grille, seats, door trims or that cluster. Surely it could do with some real design influence from Ford Australia. Not a fan, but I'd like to see one in the flesh.

What is it with American's and their huge blingy grille.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
munners

I think it looks really good
munners is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
GTP-814
love the quad cams

I thought it was a SAAB at first look, then I saw the Ranger in it
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not a big fan of the newer yank cars all seem to be the same style thin light and fat grills.
mrghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
stang65
FPRJET

Front look like a cross btw a falcon and a mondeo , has hiplines like a 300c and rear bumper has falcon in it.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #7
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Massive ugly booty...
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #8
CODSASR

Would love to see the LCD guages on the series 2 falcon

2012 SZ TS Territory
CODSASR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2011, 11:34 PM   #9
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I don't mind it actually. Looks like it's got a bit of poke, too.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 12:06 AM   #10
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I like it, I dunno why people hate the chrome grilles, I love them, looks tops. So too the interior. I'd own one!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #11
saber
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
I like it, I dunno why people hate the chrome grilles, I love them, looks tops. So too the interior. I'd own one!
+1

It looks the goods for me as well...would love to have one parked in the garage...

I also noticed the doors (both front and rear) gave a nice "thud" when closed. Maybe Ford have invested in some decent sound deadener for this car???
saber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #12
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Maybe if it was real chrome it might be ok ;)

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #13
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

European designer: "It must have lots of curves and be subtle in its fittings."

American designer: "It must be squared-off and have lots of fake chrome on the front."

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 05:18 AM   #14
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

First things a have noticed is the fact that it has piddly little brakes and the rear look to be a larger diameter than the front. Also not a fan of the very flat looking seats, that stupid ridge on the passenger side of the dash or the expanse of wasted plastic with small gauges on the dash. The rear tail lights are horrible and not too keen on the front end with the grille.

Overall, not a fan.
Old 23-02-2011, 06:25 AM   #15
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by saber
+1

I also noticed the doors (both front and rear) gave a nice "thud" when closed. Maybe Ford have invested in some decent sound deadener for this car???

It is full of sound deadener, plus a sound deadening windscreen. The sound of the doors closing is on purpose. Ford has created a "personality" of how their cars sound, and I am not talking about the engine.

The deep "thud" is perceived by Americans as "quality" rather than a weak, tingy sound. Because of this Ford has standarized the way their car doors will sound when closed. This is how all Fords sound now.

The chime that tells you that you've left the keys in the ignition when you are ready to leave the car is now pleasant instead of irritating.

The engine sound in the interior is also standardized. There is to be a certain quietness. This will be the same across all Fords.

All of these things have been found in research to influence the customer's perception of the quality of the vehicle. As a result, Ford has taken steps to be sure their vehicles meet the customer's criteria of what quality "sounds" like.

Here's a pretty cool video that explains why the Taurus is so quiet inside and then they test it against a much more expensive Accura using the LOUDEST thing they could find to make noise. I think you will find that "thing" to be pretty awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn1JhzWPmMQ

Along the same vein, here is a video demonstrating the steps that Ford has taken in order to cut down on the paint job's suseptibility to rock chips. It is just as impressive as the one on sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_HLgGLxylY

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #16
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I hope it is the quality of the audio giving the wrong impression because in the first video the engine sounds awful.
Old 23-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #17
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just had a drive of the 2011 F150 EcoBoost 2 days ago (same engine as the SHO, but more torque!). It's very quiet, it's refined, smooth, powerful, torquey, economical. The only box my 5.4 3 valve V8 gets to tick is the "torquey."
Let me elaborate: QUIET: (standing beside it with the bonnet open, you hear a slight "tick tick tick

REFINED / SMOOTH: The it's presumably heavier than my 2005 extended cab (test car was a crew), the quiet engine gave an abundance of power delivery, but in a smooth manner, all across the rpm range. My 5.4 likes to give a big twist at the start, and then feels like it loses puff as you give it more. My 5.4 sounds very loud and harsh in comparison too.

POWERFUL: I took both my truck and the test EcoBoost on the same freeway onramp. About 50% throttle. Mine was again, loud and harsh, with the ride being unsettled. The EcoBoost just picked up speed very easily, much quicker than mine, and it didn't seem like the pistons were about to fly through the bonnet. The smooth EB engine made the 3 tonne truck feel like it was much lighter.

TORQUEY: Unlike mine, the EcoBoost offers an abundance of torque all across the rpm range. The difference in feel is that the 5.4 is awesome off the line, but once speed picks up, it's not so brilliant. The EcoBoost is awesome off the line, and at subtle acceleration changes, as well as kickdown at speed.

ECONOMICAL: The EcoBoost said it had averaged 17mpg on the previous run. All i know is it was a mother and daughter, and it was combined highway and city. My run saw about 20+mpg on the freeway. Remember this is a petrol engine in a 3 tonne truck, with poor aerodynamics. My 5.4 averages about 11 city, 14-15 highway. Amazing difference.

SUMMARY: I really love this engine!
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #18
Lane351

Love it ....so now when can I order one
Old 23-02-2011, 03:10 PM   #19
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

One of these would make for an interesting ride too
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #20
prasac
Banned

picking a car is like picking a girl. do u get the beatiful sexy girl that is a dud in the sack or do u get the uglier girl that is a sexual demon

in other words do u get a car that looks good but goes crap or a car dat doesn't look good and goes great

or u could become a Mormon and get both i guess
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #21
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks quite well put together, just as good or better than a Falcon? It actually doesn't look too bad either! I like it. Would this be Falcon or Mondeo size?
Old 23-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #22
Bobman
Regulator

The engine doesn't sound too good on the video.

Can still see similarities to the 1995 model Taurus and some American cheapness, e.g door lock buttons, electric seat buttons.

Looks ok, can see where the new Territory drew its front end inspiration from, but if this will ever replace Falcon, then I hope no-one buys it in protest.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #23
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Great looking product overall inside and out. A little Aussie design influence would take this thing over the top.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2011, 01:07 AM   #24
jixel 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
picking a car is like picking a girl. do u get the beatiful sexy girl that is a dud in the sack or do u get the uglier girl that is a sexual demon

in other words do u get a car that looks good but goes crap or a car dat doesn't look good and goes great

or u could become a Mormon and get both i guess
Depends what they look like from the rear.

And these puppies aint `little cars`

I reckon they rock. Personally, with all the `input from enthusiasts` Falcon has become what you all wanted, a 450 horsepower shopping trolley with all the clunks, knocks, brake wear, bluetooth, transmission, and engine issues you`d expect from a car designed to eat up kays on our massive continent allegedly towing caravans and horse floats with the rear wheels pushing them along.(cue Patrol/Land Cruiser).I cant help but think that our `back in the Shaker days`thinking has tainted what really is a fantastic platform with silly horsepower and `burnoutability.` Falcon really sucks if you want all these things in a lairy, stripey, thrash the bejesus out of me package complete with `I`m going to fire off some nasty emails to Ford regarding my FG turbo with a diff clunk`Bring on Taurus if it stops Dad smokin the bags in the XR6 and little Jimmy wanting more. Sure the Yanks have some serious quality control issues, but if the platform cleans up the driving(AWD) then I reckon the Taurus(especially SHO) is a winner. Just dont call it Falcon.Sorry I love Falcon but I think its time for a clean sheet.
jixel 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2011, 01:16 AM   #25
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jixel 78
And these puppies aint `little cars`
you're right they aren't little girls, the size may fool people but they are over 2-tonnes, so at least 200kg heavier than a Falcon. will being so heavy and AWD affect performance? check out these 2 video's

Mustang weighs about 3700lbs, SHO weighs 4300lbs
Taurus SHO vs 2011 5.0 Mustang

Taurus SHO on the 1/4 mile
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2011, 01:46 AM   #26
jixel 78

I believe the Mustang would cater for the majority of rubber masters in the market. Its a horn looker and if Ford Australia convinced the yanks to build a few for us in RHD they`d sell em. The GS/ GT/ Ute rubbish we have now seems to be dedicated to a vocal minority that seem intent on having the four door Mustang and leaf springs that belong in the 70`s. A sweep of the dead wood from Ford Aus by losing Falcon and concentrating on Territory(a trayback diesel version for the ute deficit lost from Falcon)) and bringing in Taurus and a few Mustangs may seem agricultural but to be honest seems a good thing. Holding on to the golden years isnt helping,and neither is it disregarded but the figures seem to be pointing to Taurus.I`m not an expert by any means, but sometimes a simple point of view can be fresher than `going into the facts`. Those 12 second SHO`s cant be ignored......regardless of their fat ****.
Old 24-02-2011, 01:49 AM   #27
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well the Pontiac G8 is supposed to be better according to most US publications and thats just a Holden Commodore which came out half a decade ago... I think the current Falcon would be a better car.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2011, 03:54 AM   #28
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
u could become a Mormon and get both i guess
LOL if that were only true hey! (I'm Mormon and I have one wife).

On topic though, I love the looks of the SHO, it has a brilliant engine. My only complaints are the price tag. But for what you get, I suppose it's not a bad deal.

Last edited by chevypower; 24-02-2011 at 04:00 AM.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #29
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That looks like a morph between a mondeo a falcon and a territory.

My prediction is the Falcon will turn into something that looks like this then it will disappear and the Taurus will fill its spot like nothing ever happend.

It is a nice car tho, I like it.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #30
jixel 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Well the Pontiac G8 is supposed to be better according to most US publications and thats just a Holden Commodore which came out half a decade ago... I think the current Falcon would be a better car.
Thats nice but Detroit isnt interested in it, and they werent too interested in having a competitor to the Taurus.(American development, jobs,money, LHD markets) Whats the point of pushing aside Taurus which sells twice as many units than the `burnout king`Falcon,which seems to be being influenced by idiot web master`enthusiasts`brought up on Street Machine magazine.