Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default My new baby

hey guys, new to this forum, just thought i might post a couple pics of my recently acquired AU. sorry, camera is not very good unless the conditions are right for it.

And the old girl, served me well, yet to get rid of her.

schuldiner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 PM   #2
falzoony
Rockin '67

Welcome to the forums! Very nice ute mate. Be sure to register on aufalcon.com

'67 XR Wagon
falzoony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:01 PM   #3
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i think i have registered already. thanks for the comment, picked her up for $10,000 bloody stoked with it.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Nice pickup mate! I'm sure you'll enjoy driving this more than the XF!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:32 PM   #5
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
Nice pickup mate! I'm sure you'll enjoy driving this more than the XF!
Hells yeah goes much harder too! got it so cheap because it has 200,000 on the clock, for the price how could i resist? such a hard combination to find black manual ded. gas series 2 ute... perfect
Old 06-07-2007, 07:46 PM   #6
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

tell me about it. A manual ute is a rareity. but now it begins, your with us now and we have things to tempt you with. :

Cheers

PS. if you want to get rid of the heavy duty towbar, let me know. I'll pay you for it cause i'm looking for one but not goning to buy a new one
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo
tell me about it. A manual ute is a rareity. but now it begins, your with us now and we have things to tempt you with. :

Cheers

PS. if you want to get rid of the heavy duty towbar, let me know. I'll pay you for it cause i'm looking for one but not goning to buy a new one
dont need any tempting mate, already got some mods planned (when the cash presents itself). the tow bar off the xf? sure you dont wanna buy the whole car?:P
Old 06-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #8
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

na the heavy duty one on the au (thinks it's heavy duty - more than 1600 which i want). I've got the 1600 tongue type on mine and want a little bit more for when i tow the uni boat

So whats first on the cards?
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 08:25 PM   #9
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh thats right never took a photo of the *** of the xf my bad, sorry keeping the one on the au not sure if its heavy duty. first up was the iridium spark plugs, runs like a dream, half way through putting my "fooley sick" sound system in which consists of 5" jbl kevlar? cone 55wrms splits and 6" jbl kevlar? cone 70wrms splits and a 750 sony xplode amp(needed an amp and it was cheap) having a little trouble with the wiring though... next up is lowering it, hard top, rims, possibly a special "tamed down harlequin" paint job, that'll be cheap as my brothers a spray painter.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:33 PM   #10
falzoony
Rockin '67

Sounds like it will be even better once your done. Make sure to keep us updated on your mods.

'67 XR Wagon
Old 06-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #11
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well they are still plans we shall see how it all unfolds, should get a bit in my tax return, so hopefully some mods are only weeks away i shall keep you guys posted.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #12
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Welcome to the wonderful world of AU!!!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 09:47 PM   #13
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Nice ride there mate! Don't forget to check out the Au Workshop Build thread, plenty of inspiration in there for ya ;)
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2007, 12:27 AM   #14
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuldiner
Hells yeah goes much harder too! got it so cheap because it has 200,000 on the clock, for the price how could i resist? such a hard combination to find black manual ded. gas series 2 ute... perfect
Manual, series 2 & on gas! Great stuff!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2007, 01:23 AM   #15
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very nice ute you've got there, say your name isn't dedicated to the legend himself (Evil Chuck)?
ST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #16
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey fella's thanks for the comments, RTSW, yeah sure is champ was listening to death as i was signing up

see my ute here

AU parts for sale
Old 07-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #17
falzoony
Rockin '67

Quote:
hey fella's thanks for the comments, RTSW, yeah sure is champ was listening to death as i was signing up
Your my new best friend! :sm_headba

'67 XR Wagon
Old 07-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #18
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

AU goodness, top purchase mate welcome to everything AU
Old 07-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #19
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ha! i thought i was the only metal head who had any money:P all my mates tend to be pretty much broke drive commodores(sorry about the blasphemy:P)

see my ute here

AU parts for sale
Old 07-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #20
falzoony
Rockin '67

Quote:
ha! i thought i was the only metal head who had any money:P all my mates tend to be pretty much broke drive commodores(sorry about the blasphemy:P)
HAHA my mates don't even own cars.

'67 XR Wagon
Old 08-07-2007, 12:02 AM   #21
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
\m/ Human is probably my favourite album of all time.

Your ute is also remarkably similar to my sedan! Same colour, grille etc.. If mine was turned into a ute this is exactly what it would like!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #22
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTSW
\m/ Human is probably my favourite album of all time.

Your ute is also remarkably similar to my sedan! Same colour, grille etc.. If mine was turned into a ute this is exactly what it would like!
you managed to choose a favorite death album? well considering she is a stocko series 2 i don't think thats too much of a stretch:P

see my ute here

AU parts for sale
Old 08-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #23
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Another member that came from X-series to AU ... I went from an XG S manual ... to an AUII XLS auto LPG model.

Manual AU's can only tow a maximum of 1200kg anyway Superroo .... so it'll be less than what you have already.

There's a hell of a lot you can do to these utes .... just take a look at mine over the past 2 years .... it has changed remarkably. So many things to do to it ... and still many things yet to do to it. hee hee

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=33186
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #24
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

man the au's look tough with the nudge bar and driving lights. not really my thing though. I'm not sure on the power output on my au being ded. gas but she gets up and boogies when you plant it!

see my ute here

AU parts for sale
Old 08-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #25
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I have driven a manual dedicated LPG model ... and they do go better than the autos that's for sure ... much more flexibility in power delivery.

Auto is great for towing and load carrying though.

I have the lights and nudge bar due to where I live though ... also intimidates taxi drivers when doing courier work ... and pedestrians as well ... hee hee.

intake and exhaust mods will really open it up a bit more too ... even a cam upgrade will really make things interesting as well (as I just found out on mine).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #26
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

exhaust is standard except for what i think is a straight through pipe in the rear muffler, has pretty meaty tone. yeah yeah i know you mean i don't really have any need for the spotties in keysie nor do i drive around all day so no need to intimidate people... except for tough revving peds... thats fun

see my ute here

AU parts for sale