Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > Project Builds (non Car)

Project Builds (non Car) Here is an area where you can show / discuss other non car builds be they bikes, caravans, boats, BBQ's or whatever.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-07-2021, 06:17 PM   #11
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Lockdown Day 9 -

FINALLY managed to finish off mulching my back garden.

I find having a tarp down first makes the cleanup of all the dregs at the end much easier.

Once I had that all emptied, I was on a roll and decided to refresh the gravel paths. Again, a job that I have had on the to do list for too long. The extra time on my hands allows me get this one off the list too.

Can your dual cab do this -

1.5 cubic metres of rock certainly had an effect of rear ride height!

Many wheel barrows later, the cleanup involved simply gathered the ends of the tarp and tipping the dregs into the barrow.

This is a garden that will now be much easier for me to maintain and be more forgiving of neglect than before. It's just a matter of letting things grown now, watering and mowing as required. You will also notice a bare patch in the lawn, which was once home to very large Acer Negundo. Over the years, the underground root structure has rotted away and the ground had subsided. Again, another one day job, today I filled it in and now the wait begins for the lawn, like the rest of the garden, for spring to arrive and start growing again.

Eighteen thousand steps, 1.5 m2 of rock and 1 m2 of mulch, DFB is worn out tonight.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post