Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 14-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #181
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days until Casper's mods are revealed! (Insert Days of Our Lives music) LOL!

GK
Old 14-03-2006, 05:44 PM   #182
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

bah, I'm in Sydney, cars in Melb and I have no idea what the results are for day one either guys so I'm hanging out to hear as much as you are.

I suppose the difference is I get to hear at the end of each day and already know what is expected.. you have to all wait til Sat.

Hope you all realise this is stage 1 of 3 or 4 in the next 12 months or so though. Dont expect it to be fully sterioded just yet... that will come in time

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 14-03-2006, 06:16 PM   #183
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
bah, I'm in Sydney, cars in Melb and I have no idea what the results are for day one either guys so I'm hanging out to hear as much as you are.

I suppose the difference is I get to hear at the end of each day and already know what is expected.. you have to all wait til Sat.

Hope you all realise this is stage 1 of 3 or 4 in the next 12 months or so though. Dont expect it to be fully sterioded just yet... that will come in time
Casper, you are one sick puppy! LOL!

GK
Old 14-03-2006, 09:01 PM   #184
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:

it: mmmm I"m home...... :hihi: :hihi: it"s gunna :

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Old 14-03-2006, 09:15 PM   #185
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

I already posted up parts of Casper's mods, but my reply was deleted as fast as Bucky can type (ie it was up there for a while, but not too long)! The car is going to be an animal. Squirrell is an animal!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 14-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #186
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Just thinking about it, I think Squirell, or Possum, is a good name for the Casper-mobile. Quiet (!) and unassuming most of the time, but provoke it, and LOOK OUT!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 14-03-2006, 09:22 PM   #187
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Just thinking about it, I think Squirell, or Possum, is a good name for the Casper-mobile. Quiet (!) and unassuming most of the time, but provoke it, and LOOK OUT!
I think "The Trouser Snake" is more fitting. All unassuming until it gets aroused. Then your ИИИИed

:
Old 14-03-2006, 09:42 PM   #188
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

I saw it tonight when i dropped my Pursoot in for a service, pretty impressive gains Casper, and they havent really started yet. :

I have a feeling that this car is going to really crack when it is finished.

And dont bother PM 'ing me anyone, i have been sworn to secrecy on this highly confidential project. :lookedat:
Old 15-03-2006, 01:06 AM   #189
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
I accept Cash, Credit Cards and Money Orders for anyone wanting info on the upcoming mods to the Caspermobil
Quote:
I know wher you live
^&*!!#@% :
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 15-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #190
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I think "The Trouser Snake" is more fitting. All unassuming until it gets aroused. Then your ИИИИed

:
Best laugh I've had in weeks.. classic gold bucky comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
I saw it tonight when i dropped my Pursoot in for a service, pretty impressive gains Casper, and they havent really started yet. :

I have a feeling that this car is going to really crack when it is finished.

And dont bother PM 'ing me anyone, i have been sworn to secrecy on this highly confidential project. :lookedat:
LOL, I heard that Judy agreed to be on top if you told a word of it.. I think my secrets safe as "mwmfffmmt winfrrgfffft ttirnfkrlrff" is all you'd hear if she climbed up Long live KFC I say (actually, had it for dinner last night too) :monkes:

Old 15-03-2006, 10:42 AM   #191
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

yeah KFC rocks , and Nando's .
Casper , when is the car gonne be ready to pickup ?, can't wait to hear the improvements G&D have come up with and what to expect .Looking to hear what improvemnts you have gained ;) . cheers

:eclipsee_
Old 15-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #192
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Pickup is on Sat unless Dave gets really excited and we cant contain him anymore (Glenn knows what I'm talking about ). If that happens pickup may be delayed a little bit longer.
Hopefully Saturday though.. I'm very excited after a long chat with Glenn on the phone yesterday afternoon. I had certain targets figures in my head for certain things and, as of last night, those targets had been exceeded by a fair bit. So much so I think Glenn, whoosha, kev and cam were all as suprised as I was.

Things are looking EXCEPTIONALLY positive at the moment :
Everything on track adn goals being hit with ease! Lookout folks, she's not going to be the same car she was last week.

Old 15-03-2006, 12:18 PM   #193
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

ridiculous levels of secrecy and a 3 or 4 stage effort to get the job done. hmmm, that makes me think the VCT is getting BLOWN......

My only question: Will stage 1 defeat the original reason for us wanting to have this long awaited grudge match?
Old 15-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #194
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

The Secret's out. I saw the Fluffy dice being trial fitted for maximum swing and decreased road vision

I have also seen one of these fella's practicing his moves ready for the quarter mile.

Both should be good for at least and extra 30 rwkw and 12 second quarters
Old 15-03-2006, 12:32 PM   #195
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilch
ridiculous levels of secrecy and a 3 or 4 stage effort to get the job done. hmmm, that makes me think the VCT is getting BLOWN......
Car is most certainly not getting any form of forced induction (turbo, SC or Nitros)

Quote:
My only question: Will stage 1 defeat the original reason for us wanting to have this long awaited grudge match?
no, stage 1 is just to make sure I win it.. stage 2 will be the one that makes it redundant :evilking:

Old 15-03-2006, 12:33 PM   #196
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Maybe it is an underdrive pulley for the six. I'm interested to know how that would work out, if it's of any benefit. It'd be really cool if it's something VCT-specific.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Old 15-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #197
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lets hope that these mods give you a much better time down the 1/4 mile shane, you would really want to be giving the V8's a good run.

All his car would need for now would be a good tune, and some diff gears to liven it up.
Old 15-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #198
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Car is most certainly not getting any form of forced induction (turbo, SC or Nitros)

no, stage 1 is just to make sure I win it.. stage 2 will be the one that makes it redundant :evilking:
So your not getting blown. That means it will be a pig of a I6 to drive to make a race against a 351 "redundant" as there aren't to many fast N/A I6's out there.

I will be watching with interest. Atleast if you go sub 15 it will be a contest :jab:
Old 15-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #199
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
So your not getting blown. That means it will be a pig of a I6 to drive to make a race against a 351 "redundant" as there aren't to many fast N/A I6's out there.
define "pig". Will it drive like a stock AU? Hell no. Will it be something that I will give to my wife to drive around and pick up the kids etc.. sure. It will be very streetable, I have no doubt. At least at this stage. Later on it will still be streetable but need a bit of respect to drive. The redundant comment is about LPG powered 351's too ing_sm (kidding)

Quote:
I will be watching with interest. Atleast if you go sub 15 it will be a contest :jab:
I'm thinking sub 15 should be possible.

Last edited by Casper; 15-03-2006 at 02:12 PM.
Old 15-03-2006, 05:45 PM   #200
hambo_12

Dont mind me, just subscribing to the thread...

Now to sit back and wait PATIENTLY till Saturday. (Owning a VCT, I Cant wait to see what sort of gains are possible out it!)

Old 15-03-2006, 06:14 PM   #201
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambo_12
Dont mind me, just subscribing to the thread...

Now to sit back and wait PATIENTLY till Saturday. (Owning a VCT, I Cant wait to see what sort of gains are possible out it!)
all the VCT mod copying whores are subscribing to this thread!
Old 15-03-2006, 07:53 PM   #202
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Quote:
. I had certain targets figures in my head for certain things and, as of last night, those targets had been exceeded by a fair bit.
So much so I think Glenn, whoosha, KEV and cam were all as suprised as I was.

Kev is never suprised..... I have very High expectation... :

Your car is comming along nicely Casper my friend.

I have been helping with it the 2 past days.... :

The biggest power gain came when I drilled the 4 pop rivits out of some alloy thing above the radiator......

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT