Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
globy
Starter Motor

Default Headlight assembly LV 2010

Hey guys,

I just snapped a clip changing my headlights, does anyone know where to find the whole headlight 2010 passenger side assembly in sydney? I don't want to pay genuine ford prices if I can avoid it.

Cheers,
Arnie

Old 22-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: Headlight assembly LV 2010

There's this one on eBay with free shipping Australia Wide

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/08-09-10-...-/261007398922
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
globy
Starter Motor

I saw that one, It looks a bit different to the one I have in my TDCI. The one in my car does not have the black outline.

Looks like I will have to either get both assemblies or pay ford prices.

Cheers.
Old 22-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Try some local wreckers first mate they should be able to source one for you
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I asked at Ford for a new set, I got quoted around $400 each I think, if you get desperate check out www.european-parts.net.

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=788

I've ordered stuff from them before.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #6
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by globy
Hey guys,

I just snapped a clip changing my headlights, does anyone know where to find the whole headlight 2010 passenger side assembly in sydney? I don't want to pay genuine ford prices if I can avoid it.

Cheers,
Arnie
If it is snapped in a part where the diameter isn't important can you just try and glue the part together and splint the join and smother with glue? Doesn't have to look pretty, just work!

I'm assuming the clip you broke is one of the 3 that locate the light? From what I remember they are longish, perhaps 40mm and just the end is what goes into the body work.

I almost broke the clip changing the globe myself. The instructions are stupidly vague and mention that you need to unplug the harness, something that wasn't needed....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #7
80rs

http://www.formazpartsplus.com.au/

Always the cheapest i can find when i want parts for focus's
80rs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #8
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford...9660_c_553.htm

This one's a reasonable price, though not in Sydney, so it might take a few extra bucks and weeks to freight it.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #9
globy
Starter Motor

It was the tab that holds the light into the whole assembly.
Old 23-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
globy
Starter Motor

Ok so I got the assembly off formaz for $150 for those interested, luckily he had a 2010 standard model there. I also called up Ford, 2 dealerships who quoted me $380.

Anyway I recommend removing the cable for the passenger side assembly, and moving it to a well lit area to slot the globe in.
Old 23-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #11
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by globy
Ok so I got the assembly off formaz for $150 for those interested, luckily he had a 2010 standard model there. I also called up Ford, 2 dealerships who quoted me $380.

Anyway I recommend removing the cable for the passenger side assembly, and moving it to a well lit area to slot the globe in.
I think I changed the passenger side when I did it. So your accident was a matter of not seeing what you were doing? I remember I changed my globe outside at mid day and seeing what I was doing was not an issue.

I do also remember the new globe was hard to seat correctly in the hole. I had to apply a little pressure on the steel collar of the globe (by way of a screw driver) to get it to fully contact the plastic around the hole.

If you still have the broken light do you mind taking a detailed pic of the broken bit and posting here? Would be good to know where the weak point is so some of us don't do the same thing.

Cheers,

Jason

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #12
globy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
I think I changed the passenger side when I did it. So your accident was a matter of not seeing what you were doing? I remember I changed my globe outside at mid day and seeing what I was doing was not an issue.

I do also remember the new globe was hard to seat correctly in the hole. I had to apply a little pressure on the steel collar of the globe (by way of a screw driver) to get it to fully contact the plastic around the hole.

If you still have the broken light do you mind taking a detailed pic of the broken bit and posting here? Would be good to know where the weak point is so some of us don't do the same thing.

Cheers,

Jason

No I knew what I needed to do, it was as you said I gave the steel(plastic) collar too much gentle persuasion and it snapped off. I will get a shot of the broken collar.

Will take a photo a bit later.