Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 
Default Sad news, needing a release

well, some sad news today... ive been bit quiet again due to my dad and his cancer battle and back forth from NSW to QLD last couple of weeks and this morning, unfortunatly, at 1:20am my dad lost his fight to cancer and passed away.... Sorry if this the wrong place to vent but its been very hard and feel kinda a bit lost... my dad battled for only 11 weeks from diagnosis til his final breath and he fought hard but it was just too much and he went in no pain and in his sleep, just wanted to send out a message to all my friends and family and to the greatest man ever... RIP Dad, No goodbyes, just Cya later mate, I love you....

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Thoughts with you and your family sport - lost my own dad to the same health circumstances back in 89'. Cancer is a bastard, and your dad fought hard. From diagnosis till passing was just on 12 months in my families case.

You know - I reckon the old fella sees us, he has a new grandson now and by god, much of his manner in him.

Much strength to you, and may your dear old dad rest in peace.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Very sad indeed mate brings a tear to my eye. Unfortunatly cancer doesnt discriminate. May he rest in peace mate. My thoughts are with you and your entire family.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Unfortunatly cancer doesnt discriminate.
thats what ive been told during this time and his battle...

God takes only the best.... A new star is in the sky tonight

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #5
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Condolences to you and your family, i lost my Dad in 2004.
It's a hard time in life that we can never really prepare for. Your dad is now resting and no longer in pain. R.I.P.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
JOF062
Mandarin Ghia

Lost both mine as well to to big C its tough i know but at peace now.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Condolences to you and your family. May his soul R.I.P.
Be strong and support each other.
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #8
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Sorry to hear your sad news, I lost my mother in 2004 to cervical cancer, and I lost my Father last November to cancer, it started as bowel cancer nearly 20years ago.

My Mother NEVER had regular pap smears and my Father NEVER had regular colonoscopys, sadly both of their deaths may have been prevented.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #9
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Sorry to hear of your loss mate, try to think of it that he has passed on and reunited with other's and he left in the best possible way, in no pain in his sleep.
It's never the wrong place to vent your feeling's in this place, we are all here to help each other out in times of need's, and this is your time, chin up mate, he will be looking in on you for ever.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

May he Rest In Pease, always sad to hear of someone passing on.
redxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #11
EDXRSW

RIP to your father, my condolences to you and your family.
EDXRSW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #12
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

my dad was such a tough bloke, worked hard his whole life, quit smoking 15-16yrs ago to look after himself more... he was the kind of man who i watched chop the top of his finger off with a axe, only to simply patch it up, finish cutting the wood and THEN goto the hospital... lol mind you some very colourful language during that time... i think i was 8 or so, learnt a lot that day!!
he was never a man to goto the hospital or a GP, never took panadol for a headache and just did things his way...

He had metastatic cancer. primary was in his liver, spread to his lungs and also had 5 tumours on his brain... but he held on long enough to see his closest friends and family and my daughter got her chance to say her peace... sorry gang, the tears ahve stared again...

Old 05-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #13
Thornie
Off smelting

mate i know what your going through, cancer is such a nasty thing i only just lost my 11 month old daughter from leukaemia nearly 2 months ago and watching them go like that, is somthing i would never wish upon anyone. condolences to you and your family mate.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #14
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

thanks to everyone for your support and understanding and im saddened to hear this terrible disease has claimed so many fellow forum members family members, past and present... my condolences are shared with you as yours have been for me and family... thank you all..

Old 05-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #15
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

Condolences mate to you and your family.

Lost my Grandfather to Prostaite, then a month later my other grandfather.

Be strong support each other.

My build that was http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11267696

ENVI BA XR6T
BUILD THREAD..http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11345961 TAKEN BY THE EX
NOW A EL FUTURA

EB MONTY NOW IN THE SHED
BACK IN THE E-SERIES

THREAD DIGGEr
au11futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #16
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

My condolences to you and your family.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #17
AUIII

Mate condolences to you and your family its very sad and I know how hard it is, earlier this year I lost my grandmother to liver cancer , then 4 weeks ago I lost my mother in law to ovarian cancer and two weeks ago I lost my grandfather to prostate cancer , There is not much that can be said to make it any easier may he rest in peace.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #18
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another one here too. Lost my father in 2005 to liver cancer. Diagnosed in August 04, died in May 05. Didn't quite last until my wedding in July.
There wouldn't be a single day that goes by where I would not think about him.
My condolences to you and your family mr_460bigblock. Make sure you celebrate his life and the things that brought you all happiness throughout it.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:43 PM   #19
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Sincere condolences Mr460.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 11:30 PM   #20
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

My thoughts are with you and yours. Just try to remember the good times that you shared.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #21
Yellow Fire
Cleveland Powered

That's bad news mate. If your sister's name starts with "S" I know of your dad's battle and how strong he was. Your family has my condolences.
Yellow Fire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #22
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sincere condolences to you and family.
Nobody is truly gone as long as we remember them...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #23
FPV GT40
Banned

I do not know you but I have been through this twice already.

Sorry to hear another person going through the same thing, I have lost both my Father and and my Mother in law to cancer in the last few of years, its very sad, I also had to do the NSW to QLD thing at the time, making it even harder on my family as well.

I still think of my dad at least once a day, sometimes I am sad, other times I am happy.

Cancer scared the crap out of me......it is one horrible disease, and I do not know how people go through it, I think I would be too weak to deal with it.

Take your time, and do not go off the rails like I did for a while......
FPV GT40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #24
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Sorry to hear. Condolences to you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #25
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_460bigblock
my dad was such a tough bloke, worked hard his whole life, quit smoking 15-16yrs ago to look after himself more... he was the kind of man who i watched chop the top of his finger off with a axe, only to simply patch it up, finish cutting the wood and THEN goto the hospital... lol mind you some very colourful language during that time... i think i was 8 or so, learnt a lot that day!!
he was never a man to goto the hospital or a GP, never took panadol for a headache and just did things his way...
I don't know you either Bigblock, but my thoughts are with you and your Dad and may he RIP..

From your quote above, your Dad sounds very similar to mine, as he once tore 90% of a thumbnail out of his thumb.
I then watched in disbilief as he then grabbed a pair of pliers, and just ripped it right out.......

No band aid, no hospital, nothing.

Needless to say I've also learnt some from colourful language from him over the years, and hope to for a while yet.

Ed
Old 06-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #26
alter_EGOXR
BF MKII XR6

sorry to hear.. May he rest in peace...i know its going to be hard on you, but he will be looking down on ya from up above...
alter_EGOXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #27
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Truly sorry about your dad mate, lost mine 20+ years ago and just named my first son after him. I still wear his wedding ring today.

These things keep me thinking....enjoy every day with your children and family and live life to its fullest. Every day we spend with our families is precious, generations before and after, we cant rely on there being a tomorrow. Too often we lose sight of that and the insignificant clouds our view.

May he RIP ..

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #28
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Condolences
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #29
rusty 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry to hear mate, my condolances are with you and your family.
rusty 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #30
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

cant thank you all enough for you kind words and support, really means a lot and i know i dont know a lot of you personally, its great to feel part of something where there are so many great people around... thank you all very much...

Yellow fire, yes my sisters name is Salli.....