Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Vale Michael Jackson

New thread, no jokes, no insults, no crude posts please.

Seems to be a lot of media coverage on it and they're all saying it is a 'circus' - I wonder if they realise that they are the ones making it that way.

Old 26-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

RIP Michael. Like many, gone way too soon.
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

RIP Jacko, a credit to the music industry.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

RIP Michael 'Wacko Jacko' Jackson

Your right re the circus Aust there is a definate media beat up thats for sure
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just Picked a Comment at Random to have my say, Is always Sad when anyone Passes on though is not any worse when it is a Famous person who sings, Dances, Acts, plays sport etc etc....

Is Really Sad if a Family Member Dies or even Worse a Baby or Young Person.

But in this case for example a 50 year Old man, plenty of them Die everyday & does everybody say Oh Noooo this is Tragic?

He was in his Early years a great performer yes, though still you know he was still just a 50 yo Man.

Some Like him, I was 1 of them way back in the 80's & some do not either way though a 50 yo man has Died, RIP Mr Jackson.
Seduce XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
1LOUDXFUTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RIP Michael, you will be missed by many

thankyou mods
Old 26-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #7
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

RIP Michael. Luckily for him, the media wasn't all over what ever what was wrong with him (to prove my point, never heard anything about an illness etc.) and going on about it for ages making us bored of the subject. Anyways, my condolences to family and friends. I still can't get over how quick this has all happened!
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #8
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I remember watching the Thriller music video when it first came out and thought it was fantastic. His stuff with the Jackson Five was also good....well...some of it.

Not so much a fan of his later music but his early stuff was great.

RIP
Old 26-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #9
lemon
The "Rose"

You might have left us, but your music will stay RIP Michael
lemon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

His music was iconic to many artists you see today. A sad loss for music lovers.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #11
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RIP MJ, a loss to the industry he changed so much
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #12
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Bugger...
Another brilliant entertainer gone.
Old 26-06-2009, 06:06 PM   #13
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

remember him for his music, as that's why we know him in the first place. Private life aside he was an incredible musician and I believe the world will not be quite the same after his death.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #14
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

he was one of the greatest singers/entertainers ever if not the best. while not a huge fan of his music (i am a heavy metal kid), virtually everything i heard was of a high quality and those dance moves were brilliant

i have no idea why his private life needs to be mentioned in this thread. if a journalist says bad about ford, we condemn the journalist. a journalist says something bad about michael. it must be gospel

so many people on this forum complain of being wrongly accused of something or being ripped off - with so many millions in the bank, would michael have not been an easy target for slime buckets to try an extorsion bid. maybe michael was wrongly accused and was a target to get ripped off. i certainly never evied his life
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #15
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Regardless of how you saw MJ personally his passing will be regarded as a milestone in history.
Along with Holly, Elvis, Lennon, Diana, the question will be asked, where were you when you heard the news..

Personally, i was in shock, denial, disbelief. Not because i was a die hard fan, but because like most i found his impact on the music industry aswell as his charity work and helping bring poverty to the livingrooms of everyday people, inspirational.

I honestly believe the accusations made about him were not false but a mis-understanding of a very complex character.
For one to admire and be in awe of his musical talent you must appreciate that his mind was not on a plane that most people recognise, evident in his ideas and the resulting piece of work.

I just think he was a timid kid too scared to face the fears of an adult existence and so used his wealth to maintain his childhood.

Peace MJ
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #16
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The jokes came out by sms this morning, maybe 2 hours after he died. Time people stop stealing jokes from their 3 year olds. They are a bit predictable and not really very funny.

RIP Michael.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #17
toenail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Regardless of how you saw MJ personally his passing will be regarded as a milestone in history.
Along with Holly, Elvis, Lennon, Diana, the question will be asked, where were you when you heard the news..

Personally, i was in shock, denial, disbelief. Not because i was a die hard fan, but because like most i found his impact on the music industry aswell as his charity work and helping bring poverty to the livingrooms of everyday people, inspirational.

I honestly believe the accusations made about him were not false but a mis-understanding of a very complex character.
For one to admire and be in awe of his musical talent you must appreciate that his mind was not on a plane that most people recognise, evident in his ideas and the resulting piece of work.

I just think he was a timid kid too scared to face the fears of an adult existence and so used his wealth to maintain his childhood.

Peace MJ
probably the most insightful perspective ive heard all day.
rip micheal jackson
toenail is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #18
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RIP Michael Jackson, its hard to believe you're gone...
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #19
GeoNazi
Banned

It is a cirus there wasn't any crediable news on the news tonight very dissappointed.

I don't like Michael Jackson but I do enjoy like 5 or so songs.
GeoNazi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #20
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's so typical of the media - in recent years he was "Wacko Jacko" and of course the other stuff that landed him in court. Now he has passed away, the media are all doing tributes and praising him endlessly. Either way they make money out of him.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #21
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Mixed about it. Enjoyed his music when I was much younger but think he was possibly one of the biggest nuts on the planet.

He did inspire a lot of love in those that shared that enjoyment and passion in his music and for that, he will be missed - he touched a lot of people with his talent (I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere but I'll refrain) and will be remembered as one of the great entertainers.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #22
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

I can recall where i was when i heard Elvis had died, I can recall where i was when i heard Lennon was shot, and i have no doubt i will remember today.

He was excentric, but when you look at most of the greats, they all had their quirks, maybe thats what makes them stand out from the crowd.

RIP Michael, thanks for the memories.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #23
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
It's so typical of the media - in recent years he was "Wacko Jacko" and of course the other stuff that landed him in court. Now he has passed away, the media are all doing tributes and praising him endlessly. Either way they make money out of him.
This is something that struck me too, it's one of the most common yet shameful practices of the modern world.
Old 26-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #24
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

certainly changed the face of music. Didn't necessarily like all his stuff, but liked some of it, however, I was overwhelmed time and time again at his ability to create something new and entertaining. I feel his contribution to the 'save the world - do they know it's christmas" fund raiser will be hard to beat by any other modern entertainer.
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #25
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8

Peace MJ
Could not have said this any better. Very well put.

RIP MJ.
XESP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #26
DC357
"Iron Outlaw"

Whether you loved him or loathed him its hard to deny he was a master of talent.

RIP MJ
02 BA XR6 - (Winter White) A.K.A "OUTLAW"
94 ED Falcon - Wagon (Turquoise-reef green)
90 EA sedan - (White.)
DC357 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #27
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

You know what's funny. How many people here do the "woo oooo", "c'mon girl", or does the "jacko crotch grab", in a lighthearted gesture when BILLY JEAN plays.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #28
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Collectors item only now.
Reminds me of when we bought tickets for the twin towers, on a scheduled visit to NY, only to find out 9 weeks before we visited them, they fell down.

Killjoy.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Michael-Jacks...3A1%7C294%3A50
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #29
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

No, his death is no more of a loss than any other death. It is just as tragic for those close to him, and for those that are close to those that lose somebody out of the limelight.

We are not expected to behave any differently because of this, but it's only natural for media to run with this, and in ways it's justified... we are talking about a personality that has created memories and experiences for millions.

RIP Michael Jackson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduce XR6
Just Picked a Comment at Random to have my say, Is always Sad when anyone Passes on though is not any worse when it is a Famous person who sings, Dances, Acts, plays sport etc etc....

Is Really Sad if a Family Member Dies or even Worse a Baby or Young Person.

But in this case for example a 50 year Old man, plenty of them Die everyday & does everybody say Oh Noooo this is Tragic?

He was in his Early years a great performer yes, though still you know he was still just a 50 yo Man.

Some Like him, I was 1 of them way back in the 80's & some do not either way though a 50 yo man has Died, RIP Mr Jackson.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #30
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
It's a case of you don't know what you've got til it's gone... media have probably finally realised.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post