Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-11-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
norm999

Default Master Slave Cyclinder

Hi - I have had massive problems with my 04 fiesta zetec since the warranty ran out this year - one of the main being that the Master Slave Cyclinder has snapped twice (not from driver abuse), the a/c plays up and I also have crappy fuel consumption - only getting 400km max out of a tank - I have been using Premium. Has anyone else had the same problems? Also what fuel are people using for their Fez?

Thanks for any feedback!

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
Jess85

I had problems with my zetec but we never really found out what the problem was..used to get this funny squeaking noise coming from under the bonnet (i thought it sounded like a rooster lol)..it wouldnt make the noise all the time but i took it to Ford a few times and they either wouldnt hear the noise or if they did manage to hear it couldnt pinpoint where it was coming from..
I used normal unleaded, but would occasionally put premium in. Also, i used to get laughed at because i wouldnt use the aircon much - i hardly used it because it would make the car lag and would eat the petrol!
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 12:18 AM   #3
fiesta8u

the first time since i bought my fez a year ago i got 400kms out of 1 tank of vpower, i usually only get around 300.
fiesta8u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
porkoman
I want the fastest fiesta

hi

fuel consuption is the most talked about issue with the fiesta some people get about 450 but i get 350 most times and i use premium all the time some times vpower and bp ultimate.

about the brakes the only problem i have with my brakes is that the discs are wearing faster than the brake pads when my pads wear out im going to put bendix pads and slotted discs.

with the aircon i don't use it that often i usually put my windows down, a/c compressors let go if they havent been used that often u should use a/c minimum of 20min at a time every week.

hope that helps i used to work for ford.
porkoman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #5
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I used to have a Auto Zetec and would get between 400-430 per tank on average but sometimes 380-390. Only used Premium 98. I now have a XR4 and get between 480- 500 per tank on Vpower 98. Maybe take it to ford to flush out the pipes.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:21 PM   #6
Adsy01

Seeing as the fez has a cable clutch, I'll take it you mean the brake master cylinder?? I haven't heard of any issues though.... can you explan it in a bit more detail?
There is a issue with the clutch cable coming off at the pedal which there was a recall for (Ford forgot to fit a retaining clip to the cable).

In regard to fuel consuption read this thread

Also don't go by figures such as "I get XXXkmk per tank". A "tank" can vary up to 10lt of fuel, depending on when people actually fill up.
I recomend that you work out your exact "litres per 100klm" as discribed in the thread, then compare that to those real figures posted by a few of us in that thread i've linked to above.

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

My Clutch slave cylinder blew on my 1.6L

Had it replaced underwarranty but it took 3days for Ford to fix it
Old 06-11-2008, 08:41 PM   #8
Adsy01

Sorry i think there’s a little confusion here.
There is no clutch master cylinder on a fiesta, but they do have a clutch slave (being the fork and thrust bearing assembly which may have a hydraulic component), but being a cable-operated clutch, there isn’t actually a hydraulic master or slave "cylinder" (in the traditional sense if that makes sense). _2: Mechanics being mechanics may still call it a “slave cylinder” I guess. :

Piotr, out of intrest, do you know what actually “blew” on yours or just that it was that component?

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #9
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

I just crapped itself one day. Clutch felt strange in the evening, it was loosing its feel, and then in the morning the pedal would drop to the floor without engaging the clutch. It was a challenge driving it to Ford Service I tell you that