Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
Ibrox90
Banned

Default Ford decal....sticker....thingy

Ok so for the Xr8 i swas thinking of getting the word "Ford" on the top of the windscreen......

except I have no idea what its called......

Are these sticker commerically available or is it a custom job???

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Ibrox90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On ebay all the time:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-Windscre...d=p3286.c0.m14
Just remember when sticking them down to spray some water down first then lay the sticker down or else it will never be straight
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
Ibrox90
Banned

spray some water down?

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Old 28-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes on the glass. Also helps get air bubbles out

www.bseries.com.au/04xr6

Buying or Selling property in Melbourne PM me!
Lightning Strike XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, before you put it on, mix 1 drop of detergent (no more than that) with water in a 600ml sprayer bottle spray it all on the glass where you want to put the sticker, lay the sticker on the water, get it in the right position, then use a credit card and push it all down with that and the water should come out with it, means you can move it around before you stick it to get it right and you dont get any air bubbles as said.

edit: detergent is optional, but I was told about detergent from a signwriter so I guess theyd know. It will stick just as good if not better than it would've if you hadnt of used water.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
XKool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO_XR
Yeah, before you put it on, mix 1 drop of detergent (no more than that) with water in a 600ml sprayer bottle spray it all on the glass where you want to put the sticker, lay the sticker on the water, get it in the right position, then use a credit card and push it all down with that and the water should come out with it, means you can move it around before you stick it to get it right and you dont get any air bubbles as said.

edit: detergent is optional, but I was told about detergent from a signwriter so I guess theyd know. It will stick just as good if not better than it would've if you hadnt of used water.
As Davo said... But ditch the detergent, just use plain water and don't be scared of putting a bit on, you can spray the adhesive side of the decal as well. I am a Signwriter and if you use detergent then it takes to long for the water to dry out and it just takes forever to adhere to the glass, also apply it in the shade and when your all done just park it outside in the sun for a bit to dry the water out.

D.
XKool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #7
distortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKool
As Davo said... But ditch the detergent, just use plain water and don't be scared of putting a bit on, you can spray the adhesive side of the decal as well. I am a Signwriter and if you use detergent then it takes to long for the water to dry out and it just takes forever to adhere to the glass, also apply it in the shade and when your all done just park it outside in the sun for a bit to dry the water out.

D.
I second this - graphic designer at signwriting company here - make sure windscreen is CLEAN!!! use water then metho to clean and make sure its super dust free... a little metho in the water helps lubricate the decal to re-position. use masking tape half way through width of decal to get in position, fold one half back horizontally, remove backing paper, and cut it off, then apply
distortion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

What about the old yellow stickers they used like on Allan Moffats XC Cobra, Can you get something like them these days ?
Old 29-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #9
Ibrox90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
What about the old yellow stickers they used like on Allan Moffats XC Cobra, Can you get something like them these days ?

YES! ! !, not sure where though a mates dad has one on his 351 XF

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortion
I second this - graphic designer at signwriting company here - make sure windscreen is CLEAN!!! use water then metho to clean and make sure its super dust free... a little metho in the water helps lubricate the decal to re-position. use masking tape half way through width of decal to get in position, fold one half back horizontally, remove backing paper, and cut it off, then apply
Not to sure of the process your describing ???? :S bit more detail???

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Old 30-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #10
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrox90
YES! ! !, not sure where though a mates dad has one on his 351 XF

Not to sure of the process your describing ???? :S bit more detail???
Maybe just get a professional sign writer to throw it on?

There is a company in SA call DZignFX ran by Ex-V8supercar driver Simon Wills, if anyone can make or fit the real deal to your car it should be him.

http://www.dzignfx.com.au/index.html
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #11
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

check youtube too for vids explaining how to apply decals... thats what i did when i put my rear stickers on...
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #12
Outback
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO_XR

What do you use if you don't have a credit card?
Outback is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #13
Nickxb
XB in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback
What do you use if you don't have a credit card?

Maybe your licence :
Nickxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post