Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 28-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #151
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpapashley
Not too sure how the traction control works on these cars, but often engine timing is involved/brakes etc so it would really bog you down from a start, definitely next time, press the off button and I think off the line performance may well improve
Yeh, the traction does bog the car down a bit. I like to have it off :sm_headba
It's hard to spin my tyres also coz of the stupid amount of grip they have.

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #152
UIDB0118
UIDB0118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar-Boy
Yeh, normal day-to-day i average 12.5 (auto). open road she's about 7. My uncles cougar gets 10's day to day!! not fair!
Currently I'm getting 9.9 Lt/100 driving between Greenvale to Heidelberg daily
Old 17-04-2007, 03:12 PM   #153
thearrow

UIDB they are pretty good figures but I think we have shown that the LED read out is NOT reliable and to be taken as an indication only.

Is your Cougar still stock ??
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 08:14 AM   #154
UIDB0118
UIDB0118

Currently all stock, 540 - 560 km between refills. I'm currently working with a component engineer that worked on the Cougar Cockpit project in Europe in late 90's, comment "consistantly between 26 -28 mpg average conditions 5SPD and 22 - 24 mpg AUTO" these are the figures the car was intended to do.
Old 18-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #155
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UIDB0118
Currently all stock, 540 - 560 km between refills. I'm currently working with a component engineer that worked on the Cougar Cockpit project in Europe in late 90's, comment "consistantly between 26 -28 mpg average conditions 5SPD and 22 - 24 mpg AUTO" these are the figures the car was intended to do.
I guess it's really how u drive the car in the end. If you aren't a lead foot and drive 'normally' day to day, then your fuel consumption should be fine. I must admit i like to give it a bit now and again, but i drive fairly consistently without a lead foot. I've bought my consumption down to 11.5 now which ain't bad for the ATX.

Old 21-04-2007, 11:59 PM   #156
STANG_V6
Formerly FTE666

Default Eibach

Hey guys! I currently own a 03 BA XR6, but another member of my family owns a Cougar Eibach, red one, 5 speed with full leather, done 80-85,000K's. The delima i have is that they want to sell it, too impractical. i have done some reasearch on these cars and have found about their Tickford involvement, through building and the showroom. plus that there were only 100? made, is this confirmed? If this is so, i coulden't bear to see such a lovely and rare car go to someone that doesn't appreciate it for what it is. so i have offered to take over the Eibach and they can use my XR for the trade/cash to buy somthing else. Are these cars collecters items? or will they become ones down the track. This is a car i will keep in the gararge and look after for a long time, just wondering if it is worth it?

Hers - 2002 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0L V6, 5-speed man, Blue, all options
STANG_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 02:50 AM   #157
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_BAXR6
Hey guys! I currently own a 03 BA XR6, but another member of my family owns a Cougar Eibach, red one, 5 speed with full leather, done 80-85,000K's. The delima i have is that they want to sell it, too impractical. i have done some reasearch on these cars and have found about their Tickford involvement, through building and the showroom. plus that there were only 100? made, is this confirmed? If this is so, i coulden't bear to see such a lovely and rare car go to someone that doesn't appreciate it for what it is. so i have offered to take over the Eibach and they can use my XR for the trade/cash to buy somthing else. Are these cars collecters items? or will they become ones down the track. This is a car i will keep in the gararge and look after for a long time, just wondering if it is worth it?
Hey! Yup, only about 100 are here in Australia. The Eibach is a beautiful model but the kit and rims suit the 2000 model shape really nice. Also, there is suspension upgrades and as u said, the model is very rare. Eibach's are stil selling at around 25 grand or so. Its good to see it's only got 85,000k's. I was looking for an Eibach, but a) coudln't find one and b) not in my price range. I'd say keep it in good nick and you have a car that will give you very little trouble. (if it does, it will be most likely minor and some of us will probably have a solution to it ;) ) Enjoy the cat!!! They're a great car and fun to drive!

Old 26-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #158
thearrow

I have the good fortune of owning an Eibach auto and I can tell you it is the best car I have ever owned (and there have been a few).They are a very distinctive vehicle and a pleasure to drive.

You need to be careful of speed humps etc. as they are so low to the ground however once you adjust your driving they are a great car.Can recommend a K&N air filter to let the engine "growl" loose.
Old 28-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #159
beaphy
Starter Motor

hey guy's... just with that fuel per 100... I've found it to be pretty accurate to the point of maybe 2 liters of fuel for a tank, however, since the move to Qld it seems to be even more accurate (the missus had it to less than 1L a fill out), warmer weather maybe?

In regards to that, we actually got the Coug's from Patersons in Heildeburg with only 29k on the clock!!!! It wasn't even ready for sale (not detailed, traded the day before) before we found and signed for it... getting ride of the 307 was the best thing we have ever done!

Arrow, love your car so no offense intended, but my Mate and I went for a spin in a Eiback (from Doncaster, Strap Ford) and I think they should have done that car with the 3L engine to make it a little more exclusive... Very little difference in retrospect, being more than 2 years mind you, with regards to suspension (after the pedders was installed) and power.

03_BAXR6 - yes it is probably worth it as falcons depreciate to the same value in three years to what the Eiback is still holding, however there will be a power handling shock for sure when you jump in the Eiback. Seeing that it is manual however makes it the pleasure. Recommend for sure!!!!

Cheers
beaphy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #160
cpapashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaphy
hey guy's... just with that fuel per 100... I've found it to be pretty accurate to the point of maybe 2 liters of fuel for a tank, however, since the move to Qld it seems to be even more accurate (the missus had it to less than 1L a fill out), warmer weather maybe?

In regards to that, we actually got the Coug's from Patersons in Heildeburg with only 29k on the clock!!!! It wasn't even ready for sale (not detailed, traded the day before) before we found and signed for it... getting ride of the 307 was the best thing we have ever done!

Arrow, love your car so no offense intended, but my Mate and I went for a spin in a Eiback (from Doncaster, Strap Ford) and I think they should have done that car with the 3L engine to make it a little more exclusive... Very little difference in retrospect, being more than 2 years mind you, with regards to suspension (after the pedders was installed) and power.

03_BAXR6 - yes it is probably worth it as falcons depreciate to the same value in three years to what the Eiback is still holding, however there will be a power handling shock for sure when you jump in the Eiback. Seeing that it is manual however makes it the pleasure. Recommend for sure!!!!

Cheers
So did the eibach have the svt cams/intake on it? I thought it was purely cosmetic.

Did you post pictures of your cougar beaphy?

So where abouts were you in qld again? I have seen two cougars in the redlands, one just recently lives in a house close buy. So while they are rare I still see them around which is nice.
Custom Equal Length Headers and secondary pipes
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package
and a greddy emanage waiting for install...
E-Manage Forums
A Mazda MPV is really only a cougar
in family friendly clothing............:
cpapashley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2007, 04:08 PM   #161
thearrow

Smile Some Pics of my Cat

I think I have finally worked this out.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:14 AM   #162
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

omg dude, that is SEX! *looks around for a eibach kit* hmm, maybe even a roush kit

Old 11-05-2007, 12:33 AM   #163
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Nice to see your car again Dave! Still lookin' good.

Saw a Silver Frost Eibach this morning, looked sweet. As most Cougar's do

George, good luck with the Roush kit, I think they're extremely hard to find (not made anymore). But a great looking kit (next to the Wings West of course :P)

Dan
Old 11-05-2007, 07:57 AM   #164
cpapashley

sweet, mighty sweet.
E-Manage Forums
Old 11-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #165
thearrow

Thanks for the comments boys these pics were taken prior to my accident if you look closeley you will see that the front spoiler is damaged below the number plate where the strut holding the spoiler is. Also there is a big stone chip on it. This was all fixed after my prang as the whole front end was ripped off.

It looks better now !!!

However there is a certain amount of paranoia now navigating speed humps,driveways & drainage gutters. I have developed the technique of taking a lot of obstacles sideways.

Would like to see some others pics.

CYA !!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:03 AM   #166
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Thats my baby

Old 12-05-2007, 12:05 AM   #167
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas
Nice to see your car again Dave! Still lookin' good.

Saw a Silver Frost Eibach this morning, looked sweet. As most Cougar's do

George, good luck with the Roush kit, I think they're extremely hard to find (not made anymore). But a great looking kit (next to the Wings West of course :P)

Dan
Do the west wings kit fit the 2000 model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearrow
Thanks for the comments boys these pics were taken prior to my accident if you look closeley you will see that the front spoiler is damaged below the number plate where the strut holding the spoiler is. Also there is a big stone chip on it. This was all fixed after my prang as the whole front end was ripped off.....
I reckon if u blacked out ur sidemarkers, it would give the car a really sweet touch. Dunno if it's legal up there.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:27 AM   #168
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Wings West kits have been made for the 2000 model, they look slightly different (front bumper of course), I think there were subtle difference in the sides and the rear was different between models as well.

99-00 Cougar with 99-00 WW Kit

Either way, as ProfessorSabre and myself are quite aware, importing any kit is an expensive endeavour!

Agreed Dave, that a set of smoked side indicators would look real nice on your car. The ebay store I bought my crystal ones from also offered tinted ones, I'm not sure on legality either, but they'd look sweet!

Will try and post up some photos of mine some time

Dan
Old 14-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #169
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Dave, quick question (since u have a 2000 model like mine) Where are the parking light situated on the front? I turn my light switch to parkers and nuthin turns on at the front of the car :( a photo would be awesome

Old 16-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #170
thearrow

As you look at the headlight assembly you will see what appears to be three lights however the first is a reflector, the second is the normal headlight and the third is the high beam. Just above the second light is another smaller light and this is the parking light.

If neither of them are working it sounds like an electrical problem. You wil have to check the bulbs and if they are OK check the wiring or get an auto electrician to do it for you.

CYA !!!!
Old 16-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #171
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearrow
As you look at the headlight assembly you will see what appears to be three lights however the first is a reflector, the second is the normal headlight and the third is the high beam. Just above the second light is another smaller light and this is the parking light.

If neither of them are working it sounds like an electrical problem. You wil have to check the bulbs and if they are OK check the wiring or get an auto electrician to do it for you.

CYA !!!!
AH HA!! Thought that was it! Thnx for the confirmation d00d. Might have to drop down to ford for parts.

Old 13-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #172
thearrow

Jeez it's been quiet in here lately !!!!

Whats been happening boys ????
Old 13-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #173
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

This is what's been happening

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...68#post1590968

:(

Pick her up tomorrow in time for the drive ins

Old 14-07-2007, 12:17 AM   #174
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Dave,

I sent you a PM about the All Ford Day coming up? Did you get it? Are you coming!?

Dan
Old 14-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #175
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

This thread has to be one of the longest running threads not dedicated to one particular car I have ever watched over the years, haha.

Looking forward to seeing the Cougars at the All Ford Day soon.

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2007, 12:43 AM   #176
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

My kitty is fixed details in the other thread. Question, who's running the K&N panel filters? Any news on how they go?

Old 15-07-2007, 09:02 AM   #177
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

I have a K&N Panel filter.

Umm... not sure what I can say about it? It would've improve air flow, but the original air box is very restrictive on that anyway, only half of the filter is really active due to the airbox setup.

Dan
Old 15-07-2007, 10:38 AM   #178
cpapashley

Interesting point that, the MPV has the air box turned upright, so no problems with only using half the area, since putting in the K&N car is louder as far as induction noise

but also has been better on fuel. :
E-Manage Forums
Old 15-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #179
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas
I have a K&N Panel filter.

Umm... not sure what I can say about it? It would've improve air flow, but the original air box is very restrictive on that anyway, only half of the filter is really active due to the airbox setup.

Dan
Yeh i noticed that when i opened it up. rotated the filter to where the clean area was and cleaned out the box (i didn't flip the filter lol)

Old 15-07-2007, 06:23 PM   #180
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar-Boy
Yeh i noticed that when i opened it up. rotated the filter to where the clean area was and cleaned out the box (i didn't flip the filter lol)
Hehe, yep, I did the same. Rotated the filter 180º and get to use it again...

Dan