Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-02-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Lost my license, need help

To start I just want to say that this thread is not about cop bashing or whinging because I lost my license.

It all started a couple of days befor new years eve. I was driving back from the pub (only had one beer) and was almost home. I entred a corner and me being a dick head decided to put my foot down a little as I came out of the corner. I didnt realise there was a bunch of gravel on the road that came from a couple of gardens (if you could call them that). Anyway, the car started to slide and I over corected causing the car to face the other way and slide up a curb. It scared the **** out of me, and beleive me when I say I have learnt my lesson.

A couple of people decided to call the cops and they came out. They didnt give me a fine at the time but I got one in the mail today for "Careless Driving". $100 and three demerite points its costing me, oh and my license. Including these demerite points I have a total of 5 demerite points. Im on my P's which is why carless driving has coped me a three month suspension.

finaly my questions.

When I get my license back, do I just go to the licensing center and get it back? Or do I have to redo the whole driving test and everything again?

When I get it back, do I have to pay another years worth of license?

EDIT: Oh yeh, and live in WA

Thanks for any help

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 10:36 PM   #2
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

take a look carefully at the letter. if it says suspension im pretty sure you can start driving 3 months after the suspension date. if it says termination your in big doody as far as i know but my knowledge is rough

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 10:42 PM   #3
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So shouldn’t you have 2 left then ?

5 left - 3 will = 2 still left, yeah
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
So shouldn’t you have 2 left then ?

5 left - 3 will = 2 still left, yeah
Im pretty sure you gain demerite points not loose them....but I could be wrong. I got 2 points for doing an illegal U Turn and 3 for carless driving.

It ses in capital letters:

THIS IS A NOTICE OF DISQUALIFICATION FROM HOLDING OR OBTAINING A MOTOR DRIVER'S LICENCE ISSUED ON PROBATION

it ses further down that as I am a holder of a probationary drivers license, that my license is automatically canceled and I am disqualified from holding or obtaining another license issued on probation for three months

I have a bad feeling that I have to do the test again

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
Old 12-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #5
Free347

5 demerit points + 3 demerit points = 8. You accumulate demerit points (starting with 0), not lose them. Well, that the way it work in Qld anyway. If it were me I'd be appealing given the fact there was litter on the road - that not careless, it's an accident caused by a hazard. Just my 2 cents.
Free347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:08 PM   #6
tonks0108
Starter Motor

Should 'P' platers be drinking (even 1) before driving? Not in Vic.
tonks0108 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #7
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonks0108
Should 'P' platers be drinking (even 1) before driving? Not in Vic.
In WA the limit is .02. When blowed into the breatherlyzer it came up .000

Old 12-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #8
Hitman
Way over here

I still can't believe that people still get on these forums and ask questions about losing their license, you KNOW you will get flamed, and the thread will turn into a sh1tf1ght!

A better proposition is to ring Trasnport W.A in the morning and ask them, atleast that way, you will get CORRECT information, without being labeled a hoon by the forum.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:40 PM   #9
holmsy
Banned

in vic the limit is actually .02 but they say .00
they cant book you for under .02 due to slight errors and the fact you can eat lollies n stuff that gives you a slight reading so they need room for error.
well thats what i got told by the guy that got let off for it.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:47 PM   #10
sauso
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmsy
in vic the limit is actually .02 but they say .00
they cant book you for under .02 due to slight errors and the fact you can eat lollies n stuff that gives you a slight reading so they need room for error.
well thats what i got told by the guy that got let off for it.
Don't know the truth of that Holmsy but i might ask me mates dad about it as hes a copper in Geelong.
sauso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:47 PM   #11
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
I still can't believe that people still get on these forums and ask questions about losing their license, you KNOW you will get flamed, and the thread will turn into a sh1tf1ght!

A better proposition is to ring Trasnport W.A in the morning and ask them, atleast that way, you will get CORRECT information, without being labeled a hoon by the forum.
Befor the incedent calling me a hoon would have been spot on. But I have changed since that night.

Old 13-02-2007, 12:01 AM   #12
StookEB

atleast you can now sell your car and save money for the XR6T. You may be able to save enough to buy one outright.
That is one good side.
Old 13-02-2007, 12:04 AM   #13
PHATXR8
PHATXR8

Well I hope you have learnt your lesson. The good thing is that no one or thing was injured or damaged.

When I was 18 copped a speeding fine (88kmph in a 60 zone) and have never been given a ticket for anything since because I was smart enough to listen to the lecture the coppers gave me (17 years ago now).

Good luck with getting about without a license.
PHATXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 02:03 AM   #14
holmsy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauso
Don't know the truth of that Holmsy but i might ask me mates dad about it as hes a copper in Geelong.
yeh i dont know exactly how accurate it is. but this guy was tellin me how he got pulled up and taken to the cop shop and then after a while a guy came out and said yeh we have to elt you go you actually found a loop hole. beacause you are under .02 we cant book you.

and so far i went to schoolies and to check if i could drive i asked a cop to give me a bretho. he said i was .02 and he didn't say no u cant drive he said you shouldn't drive or something like that. which made it seem like it was a bit iffy.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 09:47 AM   #15
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some gravel blew onto the road and I didn't see it, ha ha ha .
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #16
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FluXx I
Im pretty sure you gain demerite points not loose them....but I could be wrong. I got 2 points for doing an illegal U Turn and 3 for carless driving.

It ses in capital letters:

THIS IS A NOTICE OF DISQUALIFICATION FROM HOLDING OR OBTAINING A MOTOR DRIVER'S LICENCE ISSUED ON PROBATION

it ses further down that as I am a holder of a probationary drivers license, that my license is automatically canceled and I am disqualified from holding or obtaining another license issued on probation for three months

Someone who has had this happen will know better than me but the implication I get from what this says is that your license is gone and you'll need to sit for it again after 3 months. I'd think it would be "suspended" if it was still active after 3 months. Canceled and disqualified says, to me, it's gone and you can't qualify for another for 3 months.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #17
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I got 2 points for doing an illegal U Turn

i got that as well... i seriously DONT remember seeing in the driving book that you couldnt do one where theres no sign..oh well lesson learnt.

can i just say sucked in, we all learn the hard way dont we, but at least your not whinging and just taking it on the chin.

isnt there an option 12months with just 1 or 0 points or 3 months suspended??

if no one here knows just go to transport department and ask them what it means.... may mean lining up for hours LOL

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 01:45 PM   #18
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
If you have completed the disqualification period imposed, you have to then check if you are eligible to have your disqualification removed. You can then re-apply for your licence.
The money is gone, the licence is gone, you will have to re-sit the test and pay up the money and start from scratch is what I understand.

Legal Aid Doc

Legal Aid Kit

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 01:46 PM   #19
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/...vesafebook.pdf
Pdf 2.7mb.

Read, learn and ring if needed.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #20
mowog
Discovery 4

Quote:
Befor the incedent calling me a hoon would have been spot on. But I have changed since that night.
For people to call and complain my guess is its not an isolated incident... But now you have 3 months to consider your actions and what effect your driving has on people around you.
Lotus Trooper.
Mini Inspired by Goodwood.
mowog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #21
mUTHA
DALLY 41

wa im pretty sure is 12 points even for p's... i hope

but u may have had your licence suspended under the hoon laws.

oh and you have to resit your test

www.perthfalcons.com
mUTHA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #22
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Some gravel blew onto the road and I didn't see it, ha ha ha .
It had most likley blown onto the road a couple of days ago, but there was no street lights or anything so even with my headlights it just wasnt bright enough to see the gravel on the road

Old 13-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #23
gozza

ive had my license suspended and you get it back in 3 months if thats what you choose.

i opted to drive with a suspended license and i got pulled over for a random license check.....i went to court and lost it for 6 months....not a suspension...i had to hand in my license and once the 6 months had passed i went to the RTA and paid for a new license...

i have never had to re-do a license test
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 04:45 PM   #24
joe260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

on your p's you should have 4. well in qld you do and when you get a fine that takes the points (however many on the fine) off you licence. so say you have 4 and lost 3 u therefore have one left. but to answer your question i dont know if its the same in all states but in this one when you have your licence is suspended and youve gone the 3 months or however many months it says suspended then after that time you can start driving again. your 4 points come back automaticaly. hope that makes sense
joe260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 05:08 PM   #25
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/...vesafebook.pdf
Pdf 2.7mb.

Read, learn and ring if needed.
Interesting that there is a penalty for "driving through a yellow light". That would cover where you coudl stop before teh Red shows but decide to plant your foot instead.
Old 13-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #26
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGirl86
on your p's you should have 4. well in qld you do and when you get a fine that takes the points (however many on the fine) off you licence. so say you have 4 and lost 3 u therefore have one left. but to answer your question i dont know if its the same in all states but in this one when you have your licence is suspended and youve gone the 3 months or however many months it says suspended then after that time you can start driving again. your 4 points come back automaticaly. hope that makes sense
If it really is suspended. The notice quoted says "canceled". If it is really only suspended then they need to get the terms right.
Old 13-02-2007, 05:19 PM   #27
Tommo224
Resident Useless Guy!

im on my green p's, and so i had 7 points..

i lost 3 twice for speeding offences and 1 for blue led's on my wheels (exp: lights likely to dazzle).. so i lost all 7..

ill have my licence suspended for 3 months (starting 20/02 until 21/05).. from that date i can continue driving and still go for my full licence in november (it was august)..

thats the way a suspension is here from my knowledge..
Old 13-02-2007, 06:04 PM   #28
joe260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have had my licence suspended twice. first time 3 months then the second time was six months. now i am on the good behaviour licence and if i loose that one point i will have it suspended again for 6 months what a pain but oh well it is my fault for having a lead foot
joe260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #29
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just rang the dpi and the guy said that it is just suspended and not canceled. But to be honest the guy I spoke to was indian and sounded like he was stoned and didnt know what he was talking about. So I mite have to call them again

Old 13-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #30
Gaz
Got Ghia?

Did the WA demerits get changed?

i thought we had 12 points. i did when i was on P's.
Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post