Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #31
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what you talking about, oh you talking about what i said that car are designed to pull you off the road??

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #32
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906

they kept saying that all cars have a slight pull to the left so if you fall asleep its designed to pull you off the road instead on to on comming traffic

One word. Bulldust. They were too lazy to set the camber and caster properly, so the car drove straight. Or alternatively, couldn't be bothered telling you the real reason the car goes left. Or they didn't know why it did.

Cars start drifting left because it's the left front wheel that generally gets pushed back. The left front is surposed to be slightly further forward, to counteract the road slope. The reason behind this wheel being nudged back is by nudging shopping centre concrete blocks and nudging kerbs. So if you think about it, the left front is the first to touch these things, so goes back.
I could go further into it, but I think it'd be pointless. Might be best to go else where where the aligner actually gives a damn about having your car driving straight and explaining why it won't, without the bulldust

The Monty The rack I pulled out of my car was exploded. It was in a few pieces when we pulled it off, lol.

Not worth commenting on. You obviously know everything about racks then and would know why it couldn't jump cogs. I must remember that next time I see something like that happen. It just can't.

Last edited by svo supporter; 01-10-2009 at 10:52 PM.
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2009, 05:50 AM   #33
The Monty
Just slidin'

The Monty The rack I pulled out of my car was exploded. It was in a few pieces when we pulled it off, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Not worth commenting on. You obviously know everything about racks then and would know why it couldn't jump cogs. I must remember that next time I see something like that happen. It just can't.

Well then dont comment you dipstick. I dont know what planet your having a whinge from, but if you lookinto my build thread in the AU workshop builds, and look at the pictures, youll see a rack that was in a few peices that we pulled out of my car when we bought it, as it had been in an accident and was a repairable write-off.

If you actually read the post properly, like any normal person, you would have noticed that I was backing you up. Time to get off your high horse I think.

You can certainly tell when its school holidays around here.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:56 AM   #34
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey monty where is the thread with your exploded rack mate, havent seen it before

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 02-10-2009, 05:57 AM   #35
The Monty
Just slidin'

There you go your majesty, seeing as you werent bothered to check in the first place before opening you mouth.

I accept apologies by form of Chocolate.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #36
brad`
The Monty

lol a picture tells a thousand words...

mmm chocolate haha

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #37
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

dam monty what in the hell happend
Old 02-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #38
The Monty
Just slidin'

It was bought as a repairable write-off. It looks like it took a tap in the drivers rear, the drivers reacted with a swerve away from the contact point, and has hit the gutter, then a pole.
Thats all we could work out anyway.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #39
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty

Well then dont comment you dipstick. I dont know what planet your having a whinge from, but if you lookinto my build thread in the AU workshop builds, and look at the pictures, youll see a rack that was in a few peices that we pulled out of my car when we bought it, as it had been in an accident and was a repairable write-off.

If you actually read the post properly, like any normal person, you would have noticed that I was backing you up. Time to get off your high horse I think.

You can certainly tell when its school holidays around here.

Hoy knuckle head. Cut your crap towards me. Not the place to put it.

If you look at the 2nd picture you'll see the area I was talking about. It's the notched area.

So pull your head in and stop insulting people.

Mods. I accept the warning for my behaviour as well. I shouldn't say things like that on here
Old 02-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #40
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

Quote:
It was bought as a repairable write-off. It looks like it took a tap in the drivers rear, the drivers reacted with a swerve away from the contact point, and has hit the gutter, then a pole.
Thats all we could work out anyway.
geez as long as it looks good now thats all that matters
Old 02-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #41
The Monty
Just slidin'

Im not insulting anyone. You pulled me up on something that I was trying to support you with and tried to make me look like a fool, and now your back pedalling, The word your looking for is SORRY.

Poelwyk: The car doesnt look real nice, mismatched panels, and no hubcaps, lol. But it does 14.6's at the drags @ almost 96mph, so Im not too worried on how it looks.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:01 AM   #42
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

lol monty lol well thats all that matter how it gose off line and down the track looks can be fixed
Old 03-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #43
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Im not insulting anyone. You pulled me up on something that I was trying to support you with and tried to make me look like a fool, and now your back pedalling, The word your looking for is SORRY.

A mind reader as well. What else is up your sleeve?

I surpose you showed half an exploded rack. Not a full one so half a sorry cut it. PASS.

You had said you'd like to see a rack jump a cog, which I replied to. Then you decide to put up some pretty piccies after some more commenting. Those piccies only showed half the rack internals not the total. So if anything I was half supporting you.

Insulting. I surpose calling someone a dipstick isn't insulting someone. If that's the case, I'll retract my apology for calling you a knuckle head.

Now back to bed, it's getting late son. I think the lesson has finished

Last edited by svo supporter; 03-10-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #44
The Monty
Just slidin'

Agreed, good night.
Now lets all get over it and move on.
Sorry mods for turning into a poopfight.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #45
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

monty, thats a stuffed rack, i herd fulcrum suspension does the reco steering racks with warrnty,

Old 05-10-2009, 01:02 AM   #46
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i also noticed when im slowing down from 100 kms an hour as im applying brake the steering wheel shudders, would this becuase by warped rotors and a stuffed rack or do they need a good machineing and rack replaced becuase the steering wheel is lose has some play in it before the wheels move, i have noticed an when going around a bend???

Old 05-10-2009, 03:19 AM   #47
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Get the rotors machined to solve the brake shudder. That's a good starting point
Old 05-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #48
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think i will, i had the brakes and rotors machined last year, when i got new pads put in, and there was no problem with them till after i had my accident,

so i will go see some one today about it cheers

Old 09-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #49
Swedishmoose

Hi there...

I've got a similar thing going on with my steering .

The steering wheel sometimes start to slightly vibrate when turning and making like a mourning noise. It doesn't happen all the time and it happens when i am stationary or drive at low speed. When i slightly touch the accelerator and build up more pressure in the power steering pump its gone.It does it sometimes when the car is cold, sometimes when the car is warm...its confusing...

Fluid level is ok and no leaks.

Everything else is fine and it does it randomly and it is very hard to relate it to a particular circumstance.

Could it be air in the system or a faulty pump ? The steering rack seems to be fine...no clonking or knocking noise at all besides that indicator switch bolt, which automatically turns the indicator off when the steering wheel goes straight again.

Well..like I said...it feels like rubber is rubing on something with a light vibrating and mourning noise when turning...

I am thankful for any idea or information or advice

greetings

The Moose
Swedishmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #50
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im taking my car to have a proper wheel alingment and balance as i took it to my mech yesterday and he drove the car and said its not actually my steering rack its my wheel alingment is out cause when im driving on the highway she shudders and shakes

will be getting it done tommoro and will post a update on it

a new steering rack from ford is 360 bucks with warranty

Old 09-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #51
Swedishmoose

Hi there...

my alignment was done when I got a set of new tires but it has been doing it since I bought the car ( before the tire change ).

It is just hard to describe...it feels and sounds like rubber is rubbing on rubber...slight vibrations at low speed when you turn off or on a driveway or arround tight corners...

But i couldn't find any leaks or feel a difference in the response of the steering or any "play" when turning the steering wheel.

The problem is it does it randomly so its hard for me to say it only does it when such and such circumstances or things are happening.

i guess I can just watch it or start with a bleeding of the steering system...

Any other ideas ?

The moose
Swedishmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #52
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks for all comments,

got my fixed other day,

the replaced the front struts, camber caster kit on both sides, replaced the front support which the engine sits on,

and one intetrested ill get some pics of what was replaced

but its all good now, no more wheel shudder, or shaking while driving, all good

very happy

Old 28-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #53
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey guys, bad news

after i got the car back, its knocking badly on the front left and when i turn into a corner its making a awfull clunking noise dnt no wtf it is, but i am worried

either its the steering rack or the struts are losse, who nos, just worried something might happen,

ps, before work was done it was fine

Old 28-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #54
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

It will be ball joints.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #55
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i dont think so, they checked all that, and i was there to see them check and it came back fine, like i said, it wasnt doing it before it went in,

seeing tho they are old might as well replace them,

Old 28-11-2009, 11:43 PM   #56
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Take the car back to whom ever fixed it and tell them the story ?
Old 28-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #57
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i did, they couldnt find nothing wrong with it, they checked everything and they said the steering was lose and thats it, they tightend it up and i left then it got worse

not to worry, ill take it to my mech and get him to take it for a drive and see whats going on

Old 02-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #58
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah jc your right. lower ball joint is shot. more money to spend grrrrr

how much roughly am i looking at to get them done as i might as well get both sides done

or any one in brissy have a press i could borrow to put new ones in

Old 02-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #59
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

they are usually $50 supplied and fitted each. also thats already removed from the car. i'd say abit more on the car.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #60
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ill go in the morning and get some qoutes and prices