Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 30-04-2006, 02:05 AM   #181
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Lol that reminds me of what the guy at Just Car said to me when I phoned with all the mod upgrades and to tell them I'm removing the dvd setup/screens "Oh I see where going with less bling and more go - that's the way"

Forget the bling George - build for go, not for show You know you wanna :Up_to_som Listen to the voices!!!
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 30-04-2006, 03:29 AM   #182
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

imo i recon a I6 supercharged with edit and full mathcing inlet and exhaust system to match, 4.11's and maybe go back to a good old strong 3 speed auto with shift kit and stall converter could easilly pull around the mid 10's on a 1/4 mile - easilly ! ... i might be wrong , but im just comparing to what i have seen old crap 302 v8's pull with decent running gear, and the newer I6 definatelly keeps up with an old crap stock say 302 ! .

Not saying the stock guts of the I6 would take it , but the times would be achievable for a while before it crapped itself ....lol

:eclipsee_
Old 30-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #183
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
imo i recon a I6 supercharged with edit and full mathcing inlet and exhaust system to match, 4.11's and maybe go back to a good old strong 3 speed auto with shift kit and stall converter could easilly pull around the mid 10's on a 1/4 mile - easilly ! ... i might be wrong , but im just comparing to what i have seen old crap 302 v8's pull with decent running gear, and the newer I6 definatelly keeps up with an old crap stock say 302 ! .

Not saying the stock guts of the I6 would take it , but the times would be achievable for a while before it crapped itself ....lol
I have no doubt 10's are possible as I've seen 11's on a much milder turbo setup and I have footage of a turbo E Series running 10's anyhow.

The 4 speed BTR, with a little work, is well up to the task as well.

Of course, this is well off topic to whats happening to my car at the moment but you never know what the future holds.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 30-04-2006, 09:25 AM   #184
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Oh, and heres a good shot of the engine bay.. Airbox is clear to see but the exhaust is hidden under a heat reflecting shield.

Old 30-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #185
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Who said bling bling looks better than stock
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
Old 30-04-2006, 03:22 PM   #186
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Shame those new headers aren't visible Casper. I know the heat shield serves a purpose though! Airbox looks good mate! We would really love to get one on Jacs car (and maybe even mine hehehe).
Old 30-04-2006, 04:46 PM   #187
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
George - build for go, not for show You know you wanna :Up_to_som Listen to the voices!!!
I must resist the voices, I must resist the voises! LOL

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Old 02-05-2006, 06:16 PM   #188
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Nice to see you today mate and I think your car is going to be one of the toughest muthas on the road..(but not as fast as me and JonBays) just kidding :
Old 02-05-2006, 06:19 PM   #189
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

HPC coat those pacies and get rid of the heat shield!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:03 PM   #190
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
HPC coat those pacies and get rid of the heat shield!
good advice. my pacies suffer the brown rust spot syndrome now after two years like they all do by the way so HPC would be a good look and the stock heat shield is ugly as. I know it is there for a reason but I can live without it
Old 02-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #191
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I have no doubt 10's are possible as I've seen 11's on a much milder turbo setup and I have footage of a turbo E Series running 10's anyhow.

The 4 speed BTR, with a little work, is well up to the task as well.

Of course, this is well off topic to whats happening to my car at the moment but you never know what the future holds.

lol , sorry for getting of the topic that night , the alcohol got the best of me ! ..lol ( was blind drunk ), just all the reading of the thread and somehwere along the line it all hyped me up and i went off track .lol., sorry .. but back to the topic , i must say that looks nice and clean under your hood , and keeping the stock look but having a beast hidden beneath is a nice thing ;) , how many rwk you pullin so far with the mods so far is you dont mind me asking ?(was prolly mentioned earlier but to much to go back through ) , cheers ..

Old 02-05-2006, 09:44 PM   #192
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
how many rwk you pullin so far with the mods so far is you dont mind me asking ?(was prolly mentioned earlier but to much to go back through ) , cheers ..
post #1

Old 02-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #193
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
good advice. my pacies suffer the brown rust spot syndrome now after two years like they all do by the way so HPC would be a good look and the stock heat shield is ugly as. I know it is there for a reason but I can live without it
I'm not too concerned with appearances and, to be honest, the stock heat shield is purely functional. If it works and does what it needs to I can live with it

Old 02-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #194
xd5.8l
Banned

XR6-VCT-2000
... i might be wrong , but im just comparing to what i have seen old crap 302 v8's pull with decent running gear, and the newer I6 definatelly keeps up with an old crap stock say 302 ! .

Prove it, do the walk and then do the talk. :
Old 02-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #195
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd5.8l

Like our last time at heathcote? Equal conditions.... and the winner was? :

Old 02-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #196
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
You'll be putting alot to shame, no doubt about it. Cannot wait to see it run Casper. When are you picking your's up? Mine's going back Friday for who knows how long LOL so I'd say it's time for your's leave don't you think
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
Old 02-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #197
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
You'll be putting alot to shame, no doubt about it. Cannot wait to see it run Casper. When are you picking your's up? Mine's going back Friday for who knows how long LOL so I'd say it's time for your's leave don't you think
Not idea when its coming home yet.. I'll ring Glenn later this week when I get a chance.

It might not remember me :P

Old 02-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #198
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
XR6-VCT-2000
... i might be wrong , but im just comparing to what i have seen old crap 302 v8's pull with decent running gear, and the newer I6 definatelly keeps up with an old crap stock say 302 ! .

lol ..I dont know how that was interpretated , but for starters , i wasn't actually saying old 302's are crap ! they definatelly are not ! - i meant an old 302 in 'clapped out / crap' condition ( bottom end bearings knockin , valves sticking ..lol ,etc etc ) , i've seen old 302's in that condition pull decent numbers with good running gear , those old darn 302's and 351's just never wanna seem to give up .. but the newer I6 with a 'bit' of work to the engine and mods to the running gear can keep up with an old 'clapped out/crap' 302 stock imo , that was more along the lines of what i meant sorry .

Then again - work the I6 a bit and supercharge it or turbo it and then your leaving even the newer stock v8's for dead ! ..lol..
and on it goes , then do that to an 8 and it will beat the 6 and so on .

Point i was just trying to get to is that these days the I6 imo is plenty capable of producing enough power for road use , and with todays fuel prices that the only thing that turned me off a v8 again , i know the I6 vct aint cheap to run either, but its still a tad cheaper to run than an 8 , the insurance is cheaper too with the 6, also more of a shoke to v8 owners when you give them a whippin ..lol

Old 02-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #199
xd5.8l
Banned

Shane I know you'll beat me and yes your car sonds like a jet, you've definitely given it a good dose of droids. I showed you what it can do when I try in the right conditions. It launched with 4000 rpm on the tacho and limited clutch slip!
The clutch diaphram is making groaning and clicking noises so I'll just be a by stander next time. Good luck chief _2:

By the way my lifters are shagged and I have a fair bit of piston slap but that isn't reflected in the times.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:19 PM   #200
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Not idea when its coming home yet.. I'll ring Glenn later this week when I get a chance.

It might not remember me :P
A quick question, but an important one I think.

Does all this time at G&D = more and more money, or is each stage a costed thing, regardless of the time?

For example, the airbox is a set price, you've let us know that. What about each other stage? Are they a set price too?

Krissy's is having a few teething issues it seems, will that be included in her original costing do you think? I know I should ask her that, however the question is in the proper context of the one I've asked you.

I would hate to take my car there, or anywhere and have the mods drag on as well as the price if you know what I mean? Some of us just couldn't afford that.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 02-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #201
Rob
Living the dream

Glenn has an infective enthusiasm, if he had his way, we'd all be running 13sec 1/4's with 250 flywheel kw's. 'Course, some of us would be broke by then... but happy!
:
Old 02-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #202
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK

Does all this time at G&D = more and more money, or is each stage a costed thing, regardless of the time?

For example, the airbox is a set price, you've let us know that. What about each other stage? Are they a set price too?

Krissy's is having a few teething issues it seems, will that be included in her original costing do you think? I know I should ask her that, however the question is in the proper context of the one I've asked you.

I would hate to take my car there, or anywhere and have the mods drag on as well as the price if you know what I mean? Some of us just couldn't afford that.

GK
Yes, its a set price. G&D are always up front about prices before they start anything. The extra time is more to do with them wanting to do it the best they can and, in my case, because my car is being used for R&D. The timeframes for my car are certainly not a representation of the "norm" for G&D by any stretch. My car is a different case entirely.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #203
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK

GK
George, as I just explained to you in my reply to your PM, our cars are there for R&D and because of that, we are going to need to continue to take the car there. There will be some changes which are part of the original costing and other things which I will obviously be paying for, ie; converter.

My teething problems is a seperate issue judging by the way the rpm's are sticking. Any problems arising from work done is fully covered. So, if tomorrow I have issues with the tuner, they'll look after it or if the cam causes issues, they'll take care of that too. Make sense? For example, my muffler has become quite loose. No doubt it's due to the way the car idles and will be fixed.

Lol if you simply went to get the exhaust done or airbox then ofcourse they won't make you stay there for 4 weeks at a time but for us that have purely dedicated the car to R&D work then yes. And happy to do so!
Old 02-05-2006, 10:38 PM   #204
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
George, as I just explained to you in my reply to your PM, our cars are there for R&D and because of that, we are going to need to continue to take the car there. There will be some changes which are part of the original costing and other things which I will obviously be paying for, ie; converter.

My teething problems is a seperate issue judging by the way the rpm's are sticking. Any problems arising from work done is fully covered. So, if tomorrow I have issues with the tuner, they'll look after it or if the cam causes issues, they'll take care of that too. Make sense?

Lol if you simply went to get the exhaust done or airbox then ofcourse they won't make you stay there for 4 weeks at a time but for us that have purely dedicated the car to R&D work then yes. And happy to do so!
Thanks for that, you too Casper! That clears it up for me!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 03-05-2006, 10:45 AM   #205
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Shane I know you'll beat me and yes your car sonds like a jet, you've definitely given it a good dose of droids. I showed you what it can do when I try in the right conditions.
I'd love to run in those conditions but, just like dyno's, same day, same conditions is the only way to do an accruate comparison We all know the results of that though......
Quote:
It launched with 4000 rpm on the tacho and limited clutch slip!
Ah, the pleasure of a manual.. I guess the fact mine is an AUTO I6 just made Heathcote all the more painful? :
Quote:
The clutch diaphram is making groaning and clicking noises so I'll just be a by stander next time. Good luck chief _2:
You know you want to race... same day, same conditions.. heads up challenge. You should beat me... but you will have to work for it

Quote:
By the way my lifters are shagged and I have a fair bit of piston slap but that isn't reflected in the times.
Oh well, in that case.. I know a stock I6 XB that might be more even for you then (j/k)

Old 03-05-2006, 05:17 PM   #206
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
DITTO!, and my wife was driving! :eclipsee_
Old 03-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #207
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Shane I know you'll beat me and yes your car sonds like a jet, you've definitely given it a good dose of droids. I showed you what it can do when I try in the right conditions. It launched with 4000 rpm on the tacho and limited clutch slip!

Excuses, excuses............
Old 04-05-2006, 12:27 AM   #208
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Hey casper the car sounds like it's gonna be awesome!
I like your thinking when it comes to wanting a package that will whoop a.ss on the track and get you home safely and comfortably afterwards.
To often people compromise drivability for e.t's
One question though mate....I'm sure i read somewhere that you will be adding a kit. If your trying to keep it looking stock why put a body kit on it? I would of thought the extra weight would hurt 1/4 times or does it just replace your existing bars etc. with no weight gain?
Steve.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:07 AM   #209
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Hey casper the car sounds like it's gonna be awesome!
I like your thinking when it comes to wanting a package that will whoop a.ss on the track and get you home safely and comfortably afterwards.
To often people compromise drivability for e.t's
One question though mate....I'm sure i read somewhere that you will be adding a kit. If your trying to keep it looking stock why put a body kit on it? I would of thought the extra weight would hurt 1/4 times or does it just replace your existing bars etc. with no weight gain?
Steve.
Unfortunatly there are always compomises in the hunt for faster ET's. I accept that however, at the same time, the car MUST remain a street drivable car. My only concession is that fuel economy is totally, utterly and completely unimportant now. Apart from that I need to know that I can give the keys to my wife and it will take her safely, reliably and comfortably to whereever she wants to go. No stalling, cutting out mid turn, blowing hoses or the like.

As for a body kit. Thats really not in the picture at the moment to be honest. I was (and am) considering one however that will only happen once the 1/4 mile bug is out of my system and I believe the minor added weight wont effect performance too much. For now its all about times so the kit is on hold indefinatly.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #210
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8BLOKE
DITTO!, and my wife was driving! :eclipsee_
Cant wait till May's Heathcote. that 1 meter advantage your car had may be looking VERY sick indeed :evil3:

Closed Thread