Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 31-03-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Default It's finally here

I finally got my new Zetec yesterday. It looks & goes great, the manual is so much more fun than the auto I had for 2 weeks. Going easy on it for the first 500k's or so before I see what it can do. I'm up to 136 already so that won't be long.

kiwijohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
Peej

Best feeling ever when your pullin away from the dealership in a newie. You'll be at 500 in no time :P have fun with it
Peej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

VERY nice !!!!!

I dont think the photo does that colour justice. When i saw a Tango fiesta it in my local dealership it looked stunning. Really rich metallic red with a slight bit of goldy orange through it. Looked unreal
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

One other thing.. im curious.. what tyres did it come with?
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 31-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Photo is a bit over exposed. Full sun ain't the best for shooting & I was trying to keep the file size down too. I'll definately get some shots with better lighting.
It's rolling on Continental ContiSportContacts. Always been a fan of their tyres on my MTB.
Old 31-03-2006, 07:55 PM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

NICE! Looks very good! Glad I got rid of my car - they were starting to look similar with all these stock Zetecs with my 16s haha. Mind you, this brings a tear to my eye. And, I did see my Fiesta Zetec earlier today on the road :(

That said, I'm still not such a fan of the front headlights. They are growing.... but I still like the first ones - JUST. I love the side rubber stripe though... going bigger as you get to the rear of the car. Also the TWO reverse lights haha.

Congrats on the new car, and I'm certain you will love it! Hell, from inside that dash is unreal.

Um, 136kms only? I've got 1600km in about... 2 weeks haha

Bring on the pictures! I wanna see more of a REAL picture (sick of looking on Ford's website).

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 08:19 PM   #7
Danny
GT4.

good stuff mate. looks great
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 12:48 AM   #8
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Went & ordered a K&N filter today. The dealer said it came with platinum plugs now too. Maybe replace the speakers next. Personally I prefer the new lights. Very happy overall, think I'll leave it as is for now.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #9
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Two reversing lights? That's a good change. I'm sick of randoms telling my my brake light blew! :P
Old 02-04-2006, 12:50 AM   #10
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
Two reversing lights? That's a good change. I'm sick of randoms telling my my brake light blew! :P
Gee that sounds familiar, gives me the poops :

Loads of fun :
Old 02-04-2006, 02:02 PM   #11
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

What a great looking car, the only change I'd make would be clear side indicators!

And I love the headlights.

Is it fun to drive?
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 02:53 PM   #12
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

It's a hoot to drive. More go than my old 306 even though I'm trying to keep it under 4000rpm for the first 500km or so. Can't believe it doesn't need an oil change until 15000km. I'll look into the Focus indicators soon.
Here's the back.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

John - I'd say get the oil changed at around 3,000km or 5,000km.

The rear doesn't look so bad there... I thought I'd hate the circle on the bumper more. I think though, it is probably the Tango colour. Does wonders in covering up the bumper reflector!

Nice work there! And I agree, get the clear indicators!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 02-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #14
na01

Congrats on your new car! Looks noice and clean.
I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as we do with ours.
na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #15
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Here's one from tonight. Still not a great shot.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:16 AM   #16
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Really loving that front bumper! Looks very nice! Good work John...

These pictures are making me get a little teary - Why doesn't Ford release the ST? Oh please Ford!

Old 03-04-2006, 12:17 AM   #17
Danny
GT4.

AWESOME!!!!! THEY LOOK AWESOME!!

What a cool shot of the new fez. Im sold on the front of them..... Even the rear in the above shot looks great!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post