Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default New Fiesta Offer!

Please post a question or contact me for any further info!

Offer vaild for cars delivered by March 31st!

Cheers
Andrew

phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
somers181

What options are possible on the Fiesta's???

I was going to wait until the Zetec is released but some people say begining March some say end of March and others it may be later!!!!!!!

I was looking to buy a new LX,WT Sedan but am not impressed with the standard alloy's and dont like to pay for this package and then again for new wheels etc.........

Can you buy the CL model and get the Cruise Control added as this seems to be one of the major feature differences other than safety gear?????

Are there any other wheel options available like the ones in the brochure for the Zetec?????? If so how much?? Also noticed the factory sunroof on the sedans, is it Ford Factory or after market???????

thanks,
Rick......

Last edited by somers181; 05-01-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: additional info
somers181 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What options are possible on the Fiesta's???
There are no options available ex-plant. All options and accessory's are Dealer fit only.

Quote:
I was going to wait until the Zetec is released but some people say begining March some say end of March and others it may be later!!!!!
First arrivals are due Late March at this stage. Are you after a manual or auto?

Quote:
I was looking to buy a new LX,WT Sedan but am not impressed with the standard alloy's and dont like to pay for this package and then again for new wheels etc.........
Cant say i blame you there! There are a range of aftermarket rims available as well as a range of mullins wheels which are sold through Ford as a supplier branded accessory. These do however come at an additional cost. Check out the Ford web site for details.
http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Satel...apper&site=FOA

Quote:
Can you buy the CL model and get the Cruise Control added as this seems to be one of the major feature differences other than safety gear?????
Not Ex-factory and there is currently no Ford Cruise control kit available. The cost of aftermarket kits is around $800, so probably better off buying an LX.

Quote:
Are there any other wheel options available like the ones in the brochure for the Zetec?????? If so how much?? Also noticed the factory sunroof on the sedans, is it Ford Factory or after market???????
As above for the alloys, and any sunroofs you see fitted would be aftermarket only.

Cheers
Andrew
Old 06-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
somers181

Thanks for the reply, i went to the website but everything comes up image not available......... I might now look at CL sedan automatic with aftermarket wheels and sunroof. Would any of the body kits eg the front skirt or the front grill listed for the hatch fit the sedan???

thanks
Rick...
Old 06-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by somers181
Why would you wait for the new WT model? .. I would get a WS over a WT anyday of the week!

The 2010 WS models are fully assembled at the Cologne plant in Germany which has been in operation for many years .. ie: they know what their doing and have many years of experience.

The 2011 WT models are being assembled in a new plant in Thailand where their experience assembling cars would be questionable at best!
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, i went to the website but everything comes up image not available......... I might now look at CL sedan automatic with aftermarket wheels and sunroof. Would any of the body kits eg the front skirt or the front grill listed for the hatch fit the sedan???

thanks
Rick...

couldnt see you having a problem with those!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
somers181

The main reason for the WT over the WS is that i need an automatic for daily driving in peak hour traffic, tried driving a manual but after sitting in traffic from anywhere from 1 - 2 hours you definitely get sick of changing gears. The new automatic is a six speed and 20kws more powerfull over the WS and having looked at the existing WT's at present they seem to be well put together but time will tell..............
Old 06-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #8
Imolator
Quad Cam

Build quality on the new WT shouldn't be an issue, as they are being built at the same plant which produces the Mazda 2's we get in Oz.
Imolator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #9
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

How much for an LX Auto. Thanks
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_afg
How much for an LX Auto. Thanks
PM sent
Old 06-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #11
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Why would you wait for the new WT model? The 2011 WT models are being assembled in a new plant in Thailand where their experience assembling cars would be questionable at best!
Having had a detailed look at the WT, along with a 20 minute drive on various surfaces, I can say the WT is really well built. You can see the cost cutting, but apart from a few less soft touch plastics it's no worse than the WS in terms of quality and build.

Anyone who hasn't had a good look, go and take it for a drive. Being a new plant you'd expect some quality issues to begin with, but the plants been up and running for several months now and the cars I've looked at are built great. I'd happily trade my German built Fiesta for a Thai built model.

Hopefully the sales of the WT can reflect the great car it is. Top deal you're running too guys.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #12
Festy
WS Fiesta 5Dr Manual

Danny,
As a matter of interest....
Did you happen to note if the WT's have a covering over the rear seat backs other than the powder coated finish on the WS's?
Peter
Festy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #13
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festy
Did you happen to note if the WT's have a covering over the rear seat backs other than the powder coated finish on the WS's?
Do you know, I spent so much time going over the engine bay, exterior and cockpit I didn't really look in the boot, sorry. It would be good to know if it does though. I have seen pictures of the sedans with a fully carpeted boot, but if it's made it to Australia or onto the hatch I'm unsure sorry.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #14
somers181

Hi Andrew,
I had organised to purchase a Black CL WT Fiesta Hatch Auto with CSA mags on the weekend with finance, when i mentioned the above promo they looked at me like i was from another planet and have never heard of myford finance.
The ford website even has this advertised when you select Sydney for the specials but does not tell you which Sydney dealers have myford finance offer?? Is there some way to find out which Sydney dealers have this offer??
thanks, Rick........
P.S. They now tell me there are no Black WT CL hatches available and now looking for sedan!!!!!!!
Old 14-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #15
graham_h
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

be good to see how the six speed DSG box works. I might hang in tghere and wait for the ST
graham_h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #16
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi Andrew,
I had organised to purchase a Black CL WT Fiesta Hatch Auto with CSA mags on the weekend with finance, when i mentioned the above promo they looked at me like i was from another planet and have never heard of myford finance.
The ford website even has this advertised when you select Sydney for the specials but does not tell you which Sydney dealers have myford finance offer?? Is there some way to find out which Sydney dealers have this offer??
thanks, Rick........
P.S. They now tell me there are no Black WT CL hatches available and now looking for sedan!!!!!!!

Not sure which Sydney dealers are offering the finance deal, probably best to just shop around, Although Sinclair Ford are a site sponsor here, you may want to check them out.
The offer has been very popular, so im not surprised, stock in Melbourne is tight as well. Mabye look at opening up you colour choice!
Cheers
Andrew
Old 15-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #17
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham_h
be good to see how the six speed DSG box works. I might hang in tghere and wait for the ST
Will it come to Australia though? It is being produced for US and Euro markets, but can Ford Australia make a case for it? I hope so!
Old 18-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #18
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any idea on how long it would take after ordering for a CL auto with safety pack to be delivered?

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.

Last edited by In Focus; 18-01-2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Change wording
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #19
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festy
Peter
Made sure I had a good look today when I was comparing my WS to the WT, yet again, and yes, they all have a carpet finish on the back of the seats! Both sedan and hatch variants. So this, along with more standard kit, better safety on all models and very similar build quality to the WS, well I think it makes the WT a great car.

Anyone thinking the origins of this car means it'd be rubbish, go and have a look. Long term I can't vouch for, but my WS has rattles and squeaks and I swear on the road the WT is MUCH quieter.