Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 31-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
RBR-006
Starter Motor

Default MY GF's WQ 2008 Fiesta Issue

Hey there Merry X mas and all that!

My Missus has a 2008 WQ Fiesta that she brought new. Manual 1.6 and has done 34,000 and has been to the dealer for its 2 book services.

The issue is that the AC compressor continues to kick in and out when the car is driving. The AC works a treat but im not sure why the Compressor turns on and off so frequently. (every 10sec)

Is this Norrmal? Ford believe it is but I doing some research first.

If your not sure can you please turn on your AC at night and listen to it kicking in!

Cheers

Frank

RBR-006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I know next to nothing about car AC systems so I can't give any advice, but I don't think it's normal for the compressor to cut in and out that often. At least the one on my WP doesn't.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A lot of people have complained about this very problem .. this guy also claims the system is undercharged from the factory ..

http://www.fordxr4.com/forum/index.php/topic,947.0.html

It might pay you to have a look and search around the Ford XR4 forum where the cars are of course WQ Fiesta's, you'll probably find some useful info over there.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a WP Fiesta (basically the same) and never had any major issues with the air con. It would occasionally switch the compressor on and off, but never every few seconds? Might pay to visit another Ford dealer if you can and see what they say.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

My WS does the same thing ... it's supposed to save petrol and make the use of the air con more economical (Ford service department marketing speak)
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2011, 01:30 AM   #6
RBR-006
Starter Motor

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta God
My WS does the same thing ... it's supposed to save petrol and make the use of the air con more economical (Ford service department marketing speak)
Thanks guys.. Will look and into it and report back. Havent checked with another dealer yet so ill try that!

RBR-006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post