Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 31-12-2020, 08:25 PM   #8641
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Due respect not a consideration. Take it up with the news source...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/art...-Complain.html
My mistake, I thought it was your opinion/view.

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 31-12-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Old 31-12-2020, 08:34 PM   #8642
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

I have no issue with DA taking a break. He'll be close enough to home to get back in need.

I still don't understand why there isn't a universal agreement about how to deal with the issues across borders. There should be agreement about what a certain number of cases means for cross-border travel.

It feels as though WA are overreacting, New South Wales are not being strict enough.

It is a real disappointment that the new year will start with these re-emerging threats but I guess that is what 'covid normal' really means.

Happy New Year, stay safe, wash your hands and keep your distance.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
3 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2020, 08:43 PM   #8643
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
I don't speak for all from W.A but good, should be closed because of the covidiots that cant do even the simple social distance, test when asked etc.

Who knows where the virus is, see in a week or two if we have another 'VIC event.
Can totally tell who the community minded free settlers are compared to our eastern state convicts...
This user likes this post:
Old 31-12-2020, 08:52 PM   #8644
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy View Post
I have no issue with DA taking a break. He'll be close enough to home to get back in need.

I still don't understand why there isn't a universal agreement about how to deal with the issues across borders. There should be agreement about what a certain number of cases means for cross-border travel.

It feels as though WA are overreacting, New South Wales are not being strict enough.
I said the same a few posts ago, where is the federal 'alignment', conditions, 'specs' as we all understand.
I agree even as a WA resident, dont cane everyone, just use the 'intelligence' of contact tracing, post code(s) etc.
Old 31-12-2020, 10:35 PM   #8645
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Dan Andrews is slammed for refusing to cancel his holiday plans as a third Covid outbreak threatens Victoria
  • Victoria Premier is on holidays as yet another coronavirus outbreak threatens
  • Deputy leader Jacinta Allan fronted media after Victoria recorded six new cases
  • Victorians in social media meltdown over absence of Premier Daniel Andrews
  • Outrage similar to when Scott Morrison went to Hawaii during horror bushfires

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-outbreak.html

It is refreshing to see Jacinta Allan face in the news which is much better than Mr Donut man.
Old 31-12-2020, 11:10 PM   #8646
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipping View Post
My wife was told the party is off......didn't make the first 15
I got bumped too!
Old 01-01-2021, 08:05 AM   #8647
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Dan Andrews is slammed for refusing to cancel his holiday plans as a third Covid outbreak threatens Victoria
Bit like Scumo last year during the fires.

Happy New Year everyone

2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2021, 08:22 AM   #8648
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
New Covid-19 Strain Found in China

The highly contagious new strain of Covid-19 discovered recently in the U.K. has now reached China, according to researchers there.

Chinese researchers detected the new strain in a woman who was tested upon arrival at an airport in Shanghai on Dec. 14 after a flight from the U.K., according to an official publication dated Wednesday.

The Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s publication CCDC Weekly said the case was “the first imported (U.K.) variant in China and poses a great potential threat to the prevention and control of COVID-19 in China.”

CCDC Weekly said the 23-year-old woman had tested negative for Covid-19 two days before her flight to China. Later sequencing of her positive test revealed it was different from a small outbreak of cases in Shanghai in November and the strains from Wuhan, where Covid-19 was first found.

The patient’s case of Covid-19 was diagnosed as mild, the paper said, noting that several control measures were taken to isolate the woman and identify those who sat near her or dealt with her on the flight.

News of the new strain’s spread to China comes a year after disease-control authorities in the central city of Wuhan issued an internal notice warning of the emergence of pneumonia patients, detection of what was later named Covid-19. While life is now back to normal in most of China, the country has experienced new clusters of the disease while avoiding the strict lockdowns from earlier in the year.

Late Wednesday, China’s top regulatory agency approved mass use of a vaccine produced by a Beijing-based drug-development unit of China National Pharmaceutical Group Co., known more commonly as Sinopharm.

In a New Year’s address on Thursday, President Xi Jinping credited China’s national spirit in response to the outbreak, which by official numbers has recorded almost 96,000 cases and 4,782 deaths. “We overcame the impact of the pandemic, and made great achievements in coordinating prevention and control and in economic and social development,” he said.

Reuters first reported the notice about the U.K. strain’s detection in China. The CCDC Weekly paper, by authors affiliated with China’s top disease-prevention agencies, has received scant coverage in major Chinese state media.

This week, health officials said the new strain was first detected in the U.S. in a man in Colorado.

The strain was detected in the U.K. in September and by early December it was responsible for more than 60% of the new cases in London, scientists there said. U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Dec. 19 imposed fresh lockdowns in the country citing its easier transmission, which prompted several other countries to suspend commercial flights to London.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin said on Dec. 24 that China was following other countries in suspending flights from the U.K.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 01-01-2021, 10:21 AM   #8649
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Heard on the radio that covid 19 traces have been identified in sewerage at Lakes Entrance. Given this is a favourite summer playground for Melbournites, I think there's a good chance that the current cases in Vic will climb quickly in the next two weeks. I think there's a good chance that I won't be back in the office for a good while yet!

Clearly this virus doesn't recognise a change in the calender year, just as it doesn't recognise geographical boundaries.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 01-01-2021, 11:33 AM   #8650
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post

They'll have to call It Covid20..
Old 01-01-2021, 12:43 PM   #8651
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT December 31st, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

24 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.200%. NSW recorded 17 cases, Queensland and Victoria recorded 3 each and WA/SA 2 each.

11 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.156% and active cases 49.

The UK had a new record 55,892 cases yesterday and 964 deaths.

Just under 235k new cases in the USA yesterday and another new high of 3,879 deaths sees CMR fall to 1.735% and active cases at 38.9% with the raw numbers rising and now over 7.8M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Africa sets a new daily high with 30,479 new cases (30/12);
The USA completes 253M, India 172M, France 35M, Germany 34M and Saudi Arabia 11M tests.

Latvia (1,861) - 36% above the high yesterday;
UAE (1,730);
Malaysia (2,525);
Lebanon (3,507) - 22% above the high yesterday;
Slovakia (6,315) -
56% above the previous high;
Colombia (16,314);
Czechia (16,939);
South Africa (18,000); and
UK (55,892)

... all
recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 02-01-2021 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-01-2021, 02:24 PM   #8652
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
They'll have to call It Covid20..
I thought it was first found in 2019 also, but after looking, that's not correct

Delete post, waste of bytes

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 01-01-2021 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-01-2021, 05:46 PM   #8653
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 01-01-2021, 06:23 PM   #8654
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
*48 minute-long bible study session*
A 48 minute-long video by a youtuber whose name is a bible verse referring to the bible being the only truth?

Old 01-01-2021, 06:38 PM   #8655
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

How Victoria's coronavirus outbreak spread from a Melbourne restaurant to Leongatha

How did the outbreak begin?

The first lead, a person who had returned from NSW and also dined at the restaurant, has returned a negative result for coronavirus.

Two other people had been in Sydney for around 24 hours "a couple of weeks ago" before coming back to Victoria, and were close contacts of positive cases, Mr Weimar said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...break/13026068
Old 01-01-2021, 06:44 PM   #8656
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Charting the COVID-19 spread in Australia

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-.../12060704?nw=0
Old 01-01-2021, 07:14 PM   #8657
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Charting the COVID-19 spread in Australia

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-.../12060704?nw=0
Good charts seeing how the states 'performed'. Clearly a population/density thing, fingers crossed for both NSW and VIC in the coming weeks.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:29 PM   #8658
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you can't get volunteers, make some up.... Regeneron is a drug developed using cells derived from an abortion. Watch the law suits come thick and fast....

42 people in West Virginia mistakenly given Regeneron antibody treatment instead of the coronavirus vaccine

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/42-peo...ry?id=74993785
Old 01-01-2021, 09:38 PM   #8659
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Example of how to follow the "requests" of the Premier.

https://twitter.com/10NewsFirstSyd/s...88886837837826
Old 01-01-2021, 10:16 PM   #8660
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Two Covid cases on NSW south coast linked to Melbourne cluster

Victorians tested positive after crossing the border into NSW.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...bourne-cluster
Old 01-01-2021, 10:30 PM   #8661
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I run a low body temperature. Always have - and it’s one big reason I dislike hot places.

But this week it’s been causing amusement while visiting people in hospital. The “COVID Concierge” tend to think their thermometer is faulty. They check me, look puzzled and they check their wrist, check me again, rap the thermometer butt on the counter and then - slightly mystified - tell me my temperature is low.
Old 01-01-2021, 10:51 PM   #8662
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I run a low body temperature. Always have - and it’s one big reason I dislike hot places.

But this week it’s been causing amusement while visiting people in hospital. The “COVID Concierge” tend to think their thermometer is faulty. They check me, look puzzled and they check their wrist, check me again, rap the thermometer butt on the counter and then - slightly mystified - tell me my temperature is low.
Cold blooded ey? For future reference, rectal thermometry is the most accurate method. You can let the nurses know
4 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2021, 10:55 PM   #8663
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Provided it’s screened for privacy and done by a qualified person, no problem. If I expect my animals to put up with it, so should I.
Old 01-01-2021, 11:11 PM   #8664
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

talking bout the taking of temps to verify
at the height of it , well the height we had here in WA
we had on of the workshop workers regularly testing him self multiple times a day with and axle temp check gun (donno how accurate it be )

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
3 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2021, 12:11 AM   #8665
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Seriously now, I felt voluntary mask wearing out and about today, was noticeably more common than last time there was a bit of CV being spread.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:50 AM   #8666
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
talking bout the taking of temps to verify
at the height of it , well the height we had here in WA
we had on of the workshop workers regularly testing him self multiple times a day with and axle temp check gun (donno how accurate it be )
Here (Darwin) on board the ship you get your temp taken before you step on board, then twice a day until you get off 5 weeks later, has been a requirement since Feb/Mar last year, all ships plying the Australian coast are required do the same.

Back home in Bundy the the tourists boarding the reef boats have there temps taken before boarding, if they refuse they do not board.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 02-01-2021, 06:49 AM   #8667
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ACT to shut border to COVID-19 affected areas of NSW on Saturday amid coronavirus clusters

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...urday/13027250

Looks like Canberra is getting a little antsy.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:02 AM   #8668
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
ACT to shut border to COVID-19 affected areas of NSW on Saturday amid coronavirus clusters

Time to change another word in the Anthem.

3 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2021, 10:32 AM   #8669
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

I'm quite surprised. They said 25% of those in quarantine are non-residents so I'm guessing they are trying to stop it getting it out of hand so they can manage.

I'm not sure how they will enforce it though because apart from mentioning a police presence on the Federal Hwy there are other routes in.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:33 AM   #8670
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Here (Darwin) on board the ship you get your temp taken before you step on board, then twice a day until you get off 5 weeks later, has been a requirement since Feb/Mar last year, all ships plying the Australian coast are required do the same.

Back home in Bundy the the tourists boarding the reef boats have there temps taken before boarding, if they refuse they do not board.
yer i understand the point and need for good regular testing
but good isnt using one of these
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...7-20/206260202
Laser Temperature Gun Infrared 10:1 Thermometer
Measure surface temperatures from -22⁰F to 752⁰F
High contrast LCD display for clear readings
Not Intended for Testing Human Temperature

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Closed Thread