Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-10-2010, 03:37 AM   #1
FezBoy
Fez good. Wez better.

Default Ford Fiesta RS WRC

Ford are ditching the Focus WRC cars next year in favour of a Fiesta-based machine to comply with the new 2011 WRC regulations. 1.6 litre turbo, AWD is a good start. It looks a bitchin' piece of kit as well.

Gave my 2004 Fiesta Zetec to my mother-in-law.

Drive a Westfield SEiW now: No roof. No windows. No doors. No ABS. No ASC. No EBD. No power brakes. No power steering. No cruise control. No radio.

Got: 600kg, 300hp, R888s.

FezBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I must have one.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
I must have one.
I second this movement, I too will have to invest into this when I win lotto tomorrow. What a great looking bit of kit. Seems Ford are doing away with the Focus all together as its racing machine and Fiesta is picking up the slack. With Ken Block now in a Fiesta now too, I'm expecting to hear great things about the car, and less 'girls car' references!
Old 01-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
fiestars

im guessing europe will continue making the 3 door? shame we wont be getting a 3 door i really wanted to upgrade
fiestars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Nice find FezBoy.

I've already pencilled in September 2011 as this is the WRC Round in Oz where M-Sport's new WRC weapon should be competing.

SE Queensland Fiesta owners should consider attending. I'll start a Thread when the Rally date is closer.

Eddie.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The question begs to be asked, with the Fiesta taking over as the WRC car, does that open the gate to an RS Fiesta, you know, a road friendly, roaring performance car like the RS Focus?
Old 01-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id definitely buy one if they make an RS in a 5 door though!!!

That thing looks damn PHAT!
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post