Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-06-2007, 01:15 AM   #1
xr62nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Without fail he is always replying to members audio queries (often answering the same questions multiple times) and his experience comes from working as an audio installer 
Default 1/4 estimate

i have a stock auto au1 xr6hp.. done many 0-100's on my g-tech averaged around 6.8secs... gone better at times and worse

Im going to the track wednesday week and curious to what ppl think i might run down the 1/4 mile. Seen a stock xr8 s1 au auto do 15.09, can i by any chance equal or better this.

Anyone here run a stock au xr before

xr62nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 07:27 AM   #2
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

If you have an old black gtech in mph you should run 14.9.If you have the new gtech ss and are stalling it up then you should see 14.5 or better.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

dead stock AU XR6HP will run a 15.6 at best.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #4
T3man
Banned

You won't better the V8 - about 15.5 I'd estimate on a good cool night.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
xr62nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Without fail he is always replying to members audio queries (often answering the same questions multiple times) and his experience comes from working as an audio installer 

cool, see how it goes... small comparison i have is a mates vn which ran a 15.71 @ 88mp/h exhaust mods only, but i manage to beat him quite easily by 100km/h. But im guessing 1/4 mile is a different ball game altogether.

I'll post up my time when i run it, hopefully its a good one
Old 12-06-2007, 08:09 PM   #6
mark180227
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh i think u would struggle to beat a 15.5 - 15.6

my car is dead stock, au xr6 hp...

the best i could do was a 15.74
mark180227 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 08:18 PM   #7
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Just on a side note has any one done a G-tech time then matched it to real track time ..

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #8
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
dead stock AU XR6HP will run a 15.6 at best.
On a good run in perfect conditions.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #9
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

high 15's

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #10
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
On a good run in perfect conditions.
Would have to be a VERY good run.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:30 PM   #11
xr62nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How out must my gtec (and stop watch for that matter giving simialr results) be..

As i surly duoubt 6's to 100km/h equates to high 15's 1/4 mile

btw im not doubting peoples estimates as they are all prob speaking from experience.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:11 PM   #12
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

the gtech website sugests accuracy to +-.2 of a second (or was it .02? not sure), and I dont see any reason why it would be any further out than that, the accelerometer in them is fairly accurate and tends to err on the discouraging side of the truth.
Find a nice quiet highway and give it a run and see how quick it tells you your time is, but if your making 0-100 in 6seconds I would have assumed you can get better a 15 at over 150kph, it depends on your driving just as much as the car.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:26 PM   #13
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

We'll all find out Wed week then.

Old 13-06-2007, 01:10 AM   #14
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

i wouldnt expect anything better than a 15.5. my wifes forte did a 15.8 with pacemakers 2 1/2 system and a shift kitted auto. The xr's do have more power but wouldnt think it would be a huge difference if its stock.
BLACKAUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 02:04 AM   #15
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

g-tech = g-crap. A stock auto AU XR6 does not do 0-100 in 6.8 seconds. In reality it would do 0-100 in about 8.0 seconds and the quarter mile in the high 15s.

Usually a 6.8 second 0-100 time is indicative of a high 14 quarter mile.
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 02:07 AM   #16
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i remember a g tech telling my CFI it was doing 7.2 seconds to 100 when it was doing 10!
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #17
xr62nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

didnt expect this many responses.

The gtec ye isnt 100% but i doubt its more then 1/2 a second off.

Tried it on a ba auto 6 and it was registering mid 7's, if its as out as people are suggesting it means stock ba's are in the 9-10 seconds to 100km/h.

Im gonna put it on while i run at the track then we can compare and see its real accuracy.
Old 13-06-2007, 06:50 PM   #18
T3man
Banned

I don't know how accurate the G-Tech is to 100. I imagine there is quite a margin for error over a shorter time span. However over the quarter I have used my G-Tech during three runs and every time it registered slower than the track time by about 0.2 secs. It was consistent so I believe it is a very good indicator and yes, like someone said, it errs on the conservative side so you can in fact be doing better than it is indicating for the quarter.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #19
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Youv'e got more chance of winning tattslotto than having a completly stock au xr6 run 14s, unless of course you quarter mile happens to be straight down the side of a very steep hill. It just can't happen.

Actually, I lie. You can make a xr6 do 14's with no power mods. Take of the doors, windows, bonnet, boot lid, quarter panels, tape the battery in place because youv'e removed the battery bracket, take out the seats, the center console, chop the roof off, basically leave the floor pan and just enough structure to hold whats left together and you'll do 14's... just

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 10:41 PM   #20
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

in fact a lot like this http://www.supercars.net/garages/ChevyRocks/55v2.html

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
Old 13-06-2007, 11:11 PM   #21
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

or even better http://www.nerocam.com/SCC_TAP.asp

Now i'm no expert and you might run better than high 14's as the xr6 will be a lot more powerful but its also gonna be heavier, lol

Old 14-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #22
AUTickford
XD197

haha theres some good replies there,why speculate when you can go to the drags and see what it does,better to underestimate then you wont be disappointed :
AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2007, 02:14 AM   #23
xr62nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"sprjenkins"

i didnt mention 14's anywhere champ. You seem to love your research on how to make your car fast for nothing i suggest you stick to using that, i on the other hand am normal.

i was only stating that i dont think the gtec is going to be over 2 seconds out as some were saying.

from what i have seen it all depends on the car, i have seen xr6 turbo's do from 14.92-14.1 all stock.. also seen s1 xr8 auto on a 15.0 where motor could only manage a 15.7.

ALL depends on the car (driver not much concern in an auto)

that said, from what i've read i cant see my car bettering 15.6.
Old 14-06-2007, 07:50 AM   #24
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Just on a side note has any one done a G-tech time then matched it to real track time ..
Yes I have done a real test at wsid.
Gtech gave me a 15.96 when I ran as I ran a 15.6 on my first ever runs.

When I ran my 14.7 1/4 mile my car ran on gtech to 100kmph unstalled in 7.57 seconds back to back on the three test runs I did. The gtech is not perfect but is very dam accurate once you work out its margin of error.

I stand by my estimate of 14.9 but your margin is 15.3 to 14.9 . You will run the time for sure based on what information you have stated. Despite the gtech bashers I know that the gtech doesnt lie. So many mods i have done have been tested by gtech and very few really improved times despite people stating how much faster their cars felt.
I have tested 10 different types of plugs back to back using the consistent reading of gtech and found which make the car faster.The runs were 0- 60 kmph runs but were very consistant bar a very few runs

Bring on the 15.4 to 14.9 mate .The car has got it in it.If you dont consistently get 6.8 seconds to 100kmph then thats a different story.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #25
GTWHOA
Just cruisin

xr62nv why dont you use a stopwatch to do it even one on your mobile phone. This is the most accurate way to do it without hitting the track. Its an auto so that will make it heaps easier.
Old 14-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #26
xr62nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep the 6.8 is consistant.. worst ever was 7.11 best was 6.67 most are 6.7-6.8. i tried my stop watch and got similar results.
Old 14-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #27
stiddy
Banned

Mine being a manual was around the 6.8 - 7.0 that was 100% stock and in the first week I had it, I eventually got it down to a 5.8 with a few 'good' mods.. diff gears gave the biggest increase.
Thats a manual, unless you have a stally and shift kit and diff gears I cant see an auto matching a manual if both are stock.
Old 14-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #28
xr62nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats the times i ran in it. I have no reason to make it up, if ur manual couldnt match it then i cant explain that to you.
Maybe your driving isnt the best or your car isnt as well maitained and tight as mine i dont no.

i could own a dodgy gtec and stop watch too who knows
Old 14-06-2007, 08:30 PM   #29
Wally
XP Coupe

I'll guess 16.4
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #30
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr62nv
thats the times i ran in it. I have no reason to make it up, if ur manual couldnt match it then i cant explain that to you.
Maybe your driving isnt the best or your car isnt as well maitained and tight as mine i dont no.

i could own a dodgy gtec and stop watch too who knows
yeah your right, 60,000k's is way past its used by date.. and I bought my CAMS licence and driving courses off Ebay :
Im not saying your making it up, im saying your G-tech is wrong, and that you'd be lucky to run into the 15's, mate if you get a 15.8 or better buy a lottery ticket.

Stav you should know better than to encourage these G-tech cowboys.

Last edited by stiddy; 14-06-2007 at 08:42 PM.