Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 23-04-2020, 10:33 PM   #2131
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

JobSeeker is directly claimed and paid to a person, JobKeeper is paid to employers so long as they keep paying employees at least $1500 per fortnight out of their own pocket in the interim.

JobSeeker will be back paid to when you claim or register intent to claim and JobKeeper will be back paid from 30/3.
Old 23-04-2020, 11:46 PM   #2132
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just saw that US job losses are up to 26.4 million. Wow that is sad.
Old 23-04-2020, 11:48 PM   #2133
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
JobSeeker is directly claimed and paid to a person, JobKeeper is paid to employers so long as they keep paying employees at least $1500 per fortnight out of their own pocket in the interim.

JobSeeker will be back paid to when you claim or register intent to claim and JobKeeper will be back paid from 30/3.
This is correct as my Job seeker claim was submitted on the 30/3, however, not only have they not back paid me for the period from 30/3 when I lodged my claim until the 19/4 when my claim was accepted as per their text message reply, they then decided to not include the following 4 days and instead started paying me from today, for the fortnight beginning 23/4 to 6/5 which I would receive after 6/5.

So despite not working since 23/3, having my claim lodged on 30/3 and being accepted on 19/3, im only 1 day into the fortnight they intend to pay me for, they didn't back pay anything, in fact it was delayed by 4 days after acceptance to begin 23/3.

I should have been paid the standard rate for the fortnight 30/3 to 13/4 and again from 14/4 until 27/4 minus whatever I declared as my Wife's earnings, this should also have included the $550p/fortnight COVID19 Supplement.

For the record I contacted the Govco mob who advise about what to do as I wasn't sure if I would be eligible to be paid the Job Keeper payment if my employer chose to pursue that avenue, they said I would but suggested I submit a claim for Jobseeker in the meantime just in case which would sort itself out if/once my employer claimed Jobkeeper for me which they have now done.
This user likes this post:
Old 23-04-2020, 11:57 PM   #2134
marty351
Shenanigans..............

As for the jobseeker payment, centrelink app has not appointed any $550 payment in any future payments. Perhaps wait until the 27th/4.?
Old 23-04-2020, 11:59 PM   #2135
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm pretty sure you can't get the benefit of both so as long as there is no overlap you should be good.

I can see that causing problems for some but it will work it's way out eventually hopefully easily and with as least grief as possible. It's not great at the best of times and certainly won't be now.
Old 24-04-2020, 12:34 AM   #2136
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can't get the benefit of both so as long as there is no overlap you should be good.

I can see that causing problems for some but it will work it's way out eventually hopefully easily and with as least grief as possible. It's not great at the best of times and certainly won't be now.
Agreed, im not complaining as such, just pointing out that its not quite the saviour that its been presented as, by the time people get paid many could be in financial hardship.
As I said before, i'll be back to work a week and paid by my employer before Centrelink gets around to paying me.
Once my employer pays me under the Jobkeeper scheme the Jobseeker will be discontinued.
Old 24-04-2020, 02:00 AM   #2137
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Here I am sitting at my computer in my underdaks at 1am reading about youse blokes whinging.

I need to get a life.
Old 24-04-2020, 06:24 AM   #2138
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Here I am sitting at my computer in my underdaks at 1am reading about youse blokes whinging.

I need to get a life.
I've done that plenty of times. Bondies, smokes, and a VB
2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2020, 06:40 AM   #2139
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was looking through the John Hopkins data and Australia, Austria, New Zealand, and Taiwan are genuinely flattening the curve. Every other is on upwards trajectory.

Then you look at China's plot being flat and you know it is complete BS
3 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2020, 06:51 AM   #2140
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Nothing changes. The old news magazines they published in the ‘60s and ‘70s always touted “bumper crops” and other benchmarks of an ever-improving, ever-increasing social order. Lies, then and now.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2020, 07:06 AM   #2141
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Who is the Director-General of the World Health Organization? And how did he get to that position?

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6150957127001#sp=show-clips

And this fraud is responsible for the world populations health??
Fox news. I get mental health issues whenever I hear or read anything coming out of uncle Rupert's network.
You know the US contribute 20% of the funding and the next biggest contributor is also an American. So the moment he doesnt say what the US want him to say then he is corrupt?
Funny how no one working in WHO, with representation across many countries, has come out to lift the lid on corruption.

Scomo leading the charge for an independent review is a joke. Seeing how WHO has been treated by the US..... and Australia....with flimsy evidence, where on earth are you going to find someone independent enough to do a review? The outcome has already been written before it's started.

Imagine if it was the other way, China with majority funding and pulling out because WHO was US centric. The head lines would read "China bullying and corrupting independent world body with threat of funding cuts".

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.

Last edited by T3rminator; 24-04-2020 at 07:15 AM.
Old 24-04-2020, 07:16 AM   #2142
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

People are whinging about having to educate their own kids for a few weeks, imagine being a teacher and having circa 30 of the bastards per class Monday-Friday and you can't even hit em anymore when they're being a pack of flogs.

At least you can hit your own kids
Old 24-04-2020, 07:22 AM   #2143
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I was looking through the John Hopkins data and Australia, Austria, New Zealand, and Taiwan are genuinely flattening the curve. Every other is on upwards trajectory.

Then you look at China's plot being flat and you know it is complete BS
They welded their citizens in with a lock down for 3 months. We are observing lock down. If we keep doing what we are doing for a few more weeks and keep borders closed, we will also be flat, and it will remain flat. Not that hard to believe.

And flat doesn't mean no cases. Means very few new cases. So if you had a million live cases and it stayed there, then your curve is flat. I think? Does the curve go down for recoveries?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.

Last edited by T3rminator; 24-04-2020 at 07:45 AM.
Old 24-04-2020, 07:45 AM   #2144
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
People are whinging about having to educate their own kids for a few weeks, imagine being a teacher and having circa 30 of the bastards per class Monday-Friday and you can't even hit em anymore when they're being a pack of flogs.

My sister is that. She loves being at home away from "The Little Darlings".......
4 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2020, 08:12 AM   #2145
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Very nice gesture...............

https://7news.com.au/business/proper...study-c-995955
2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2020, 08:30 AM   #2146
superyob
Banned

Quote:

I need to get a life.
You could always check out that website. I forget what its name is. It was a purveyor of electric appliances I think...
Old 24-04-2020, 08:38 AM   #2147
superyob
Banned

Quote:

To be fair Senor Francolicious, most of the kids in my classes are just great kids. Unfortunately, having 2 or 3 gibbons in a class of 28, is going to seem like the world is ending...
Old 24-04-2020, 08:44 AM   #2148
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We could be squeaky clean by xmas then hit the start button for 2021.
When I get a spare day I'll figure out how to post a picture directly on the page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg covid_opt.jpg (39.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 24-04-2020, 09:01 AM   #2149
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I need to get a life.
Only you can make that change > Mirror < But you are still here looking
Old 24-04-2020, 09:02 AM   #2150
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Um No.
Old 24-04-2020, 09:06 AM   #2151
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It would be 7PM in Russia, Cav could have been chatting up his next wife...
3 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2020, 09:19 AM   #2152
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont forget we are still in warm weather, a rumour I heard is the virus does not survive in over 26* so lets see what happens to Aus & NZ over winter...
Old 24-04-2020, 09:19 AM   #2153
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never seen it , never really wanted to see it to be honest but ended up watching Contagion last night on Ch 7... Looked up to see when it was made . That was 2011. Kind of disturbingly similar the real event is to the movie in many ways.
Old 24-04-2020, 09:23 AM   #2154
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
dont forget we are still in warm weather, a rumour I heard is the virus does not survive in over 26* so lets see what happens to Aus & NZ over winter...
We're really buggered in Tassie then ..
3 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2020, 09:28 AM   #2155
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I heard the virus survives quite well inside people's lungs at 37 degrees.
Old 24-04-2020, 09:30 AM   #2156
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Never seen it , never really wanted to see it to be honest but ended up watching Contagion last night on Ch 7... Looked up to see when it was made . That was 2011. Kind of disturbingly similar the real event is to the movie in many ways.
My missus watched it too and this morning she said it gave her goose bumps.
Old 24-04-2020, 10:02 AM   #2157
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

12 new cases for Australia yesterday and 1 death so another rise in the CMR to 1.126%.
0 new cases for New Zealand but the 2 deaths pushed the CMR to 1.103%.
The UK CMR rises to 13.571% but the death rate seems to be slowing while the US CMR has risen to 5.667% and the new case rate is still climbing.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2020, 10:33 AM   #2158
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Very, very rarely it drops below 24-25 here (night or day) Most days low-mid 30s.
And we still have it!
Mind you, 90% or cases are around the capital (San Jose) where it’s cooler.
So I do believe there’s merit in this temperature theory!
We have 5 active cases in our little village...(all linked to a 26yr Canadian that flew in the day the borders were close, AND didn’t feckin self quarantine!)
His mum & dad, who are fantastic people, run a restaurant here (which has been closed due to the virus restrictions for last 7-8 weeks)
As soon as word got out on who the carrier was, all 3 of their front windows smashed!
Bloody disgusting.... But on reading the news on similar happening in Aust, I spose hardly surprising?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2020, 10:56 AM   #2159
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We are doing really good. It is flattening and when it starts taking a dip then we relax some restrictions.

Stay the course, we're not far from getting back some normality. Don't undo the good progress we have done. It is hard I know but it could be a whole lot worse. A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.
Old 24-04-2020, 11:32 AM   #2160
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Next one will be my third.

I wonder if the sheilas on that Russian website have any good lookin' grandmas?
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread