Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-08-2020, 06:41 PM   #5431
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

What - potato cakes?
Old 19-08-2020, 06:44 PM   #5432
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
What - potato cakes?
The best produce, fish, meat (especially beef), cheese and vegetable wise in Australia.

Only SA rivals Tassie with regard to quality of local products.
This user likes this post:
Old 19-08-2020, 06:46 PM   #5433
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
Yeah all your industry down there will pull you guys through...
We don't need high "industry" like concrete jungle cities do.

We'll be fine off local industry and Federal money.
Old 19-08-2020, 06:50 PM   #5434
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
The best produce meat and vegetable wise in Australia.
I lived there for 5 years.
And that is a total lie.
Dont get me started on the seafood.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2020, 06:55 PM   #5435
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
We don't need high "industry" like concrete jungle cities do.

We'll be fine off local industry and Federal money.
No, you wont.
Id be surprised if the SOT wasnt further subsidised once this all cools down.
Old 19-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #5436
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
I lived there for 5 years.
And that is a total lie.
Dont get me started on the seafood.
Well you went to wrong places.

Tassie fish is distributed to the mainland before even enters markets here as such high demand.
Old 19-08-2020, 07:01 PM   #5437
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some bloke has come back to work after a few days off. He got the Covid test and says it sucks hard as they might aswell shove the swab it into your brain

Doesn't have Covid but would appear to be like a severe cold or flu.

Which considering they are saying you're more likely to have Covid than the flu at the moment is quite an achievement
2 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2020, 08:12 PM   #5438
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

so if the Clive Palmer BS is due the W.A people electing our state gov, why isn't the Covid bs in Vic due to Victorian voters ?
Old 19-08-2020, 08:12 PM   #5439
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:

Tassie fish is distributed to the mainland before even enters markets here as such high demand.
Got news for you there buddy, as an ex professional fisherman I can tell you that happens everywhere in Australia.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 19-08-2020, 08:33 PM   #5440
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
Slight correction .......most people should be most mericans
No correction needed. It's not just 'mericans. There's plenty idiots here in Australia too who believe every bit of bulls**t that comes out of his mouth. A few on this forum even. They seem to believe Trump is the messiah who's going to save them...
Old 19-08-2020, 08:33 PM   #5441
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
As arguably the best State economically and visually in Aust yes I feel very entitled (Victoria worst obviously)
Having said that I'm guessing that you've spent time in all the other states?
Old 19-08-2020, 08:35 PM   #5442
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

COVID vaccine likely to be mandatory in Australia, Scott Morrison says after signing deal with Oxford University

PM: "I would expect it to be as mandatory as you could possibly make it,"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...atory/12572992

But not long after, he changed his mind. Probably after he realised the Hillsong Church has a lot of anti-vaxxers amongst it's members.

PM: "It's not going to be compulsory to have the vaccine,"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...ments/12575600
5 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2020, 08:44 PM   #5443
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’m far from anti-vax* but this smacks of indecent haste. Have seen too many “chemical saviours” that show up later as a bad move. I would prefer known risk at present vs unknown potential side-effects.

*Adult chicken pox was no fun, and I presume marked my lungs much as it did my skin... I’d recommend vaccination to avoid this, for example.
3 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2020, 08:45 PM   #5444
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Who cares.

Tasmanian produce is constantly voted very high and a "professional"(very loose wording.....no, just an experienced labourer in fishing industry) fisherman it may do.

Tassie produce still highly rated and I really don't care if you disagree as it's fact.
I wasn't questioning the quality of Tassie seafood just your remark inferring Tassie Seafood is the only seafood shipped elsewhere before a Taswegian gets a taste, thats rubbish and every state/fishing industry in Australia does the same and has been doing the same forever!

I was professional fishing (no ****ing loose wording at all!) in WA, NT and QLD long before i moved on to my present employment and one of my previous employees was as a Skipper for Tasmanian Seafoods!!........i've been working "professionally" at sea for nearly 30 years!................

I would suggest you stick to what you (think) you know!!!!!!!!!!!

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
7 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2020, 08:50 PM   #5445
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
COVID vaccine likely to be mandatory in Australia, Scott Morrison says after signing deal with Oxford University

But not long after, he changed his mind. Probably after he realised the Hillsong Church has a lot of anti-vaxxers amongst it's members.

I have faith that the majority of people will get it when it becomes available.

We've seen how ****ed it is with everything closed down or restricted.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2020, 09:00 PM   #5446
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post

I can almost guarantee those employers/employees in my (and other) industry will be 'encouraging' it, we lost heaps of qualified crew when the VIC/NSW spikes hit....

Old 19-08-2020, 09:00 PM   #5447
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post

Make it optional. If the vaccine works then you and your friends and family are safe, right? So you have no chance of becoming infected by someone that refused to take a vaccine because you opted for the vaccine. so you're all good.
6 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2020, 09:41 PM   #5448
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post

Hopefully you're right. But is there any real point if say.. 50% of the Australian population decide to get the vaccine, and the other half don't? The 50% that don't will still cause restrictions and lockdowns to continue, as there will still be outbreaks and transmission.

When you have idiots saying things like 'if you get the vaccine then you and your friends and family are safe' and/or 'you have no chance of becoming infected by someone that refused to take a vaccine', then I guess we should expect the current situation to remain unchanged for a very prolonged time.

It should be made 100% mandatory. And the people that refuse, they should not be allowed to enter workplaces, shopping centres, etc, etc, etc. They should be isolated from the rest of the country until they do get vaccinated. The people who get vaccinated should not have to pay a price for the idiots who don't.
Old 19-08-2020, 09:49 PM   #5449
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

They were trying to encourage me to get the flu shot at work when they put on some free flu shot thing and got upset when I declined - **** that never had one in my life and im not starting now.

Covid vaccine (if it ever arrives) I'll probably wait it out for a bit to scope out effects because don't want to get autism from uncle Bill
4 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2020, 09:53 PM   #5450
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Hmm, Tickford and Franco need to chat offline
Im just gonna go stupid and say I dont know

I had first flu shot at 52, which was recent !
Old 19-08-2020, 09:57 PM   #5451
nstg8a

I have nothing against vaccines, I get the flu shot most years however I won’t be getting any COVID vaccine until there’s decent information out there about it’s long term effects.

Never has a vaccine been so rushed as what they’re trying to do right now, and they have to cut corners in order to get it done.

I’m not gonna be a guinea pig. But I,m sure plenty will put up their hands for that role.

As for making it mandatory? Yeah good luck with that. That will be the quickest way to make people resist getting it.
Old 19-08-2020, 10:15 PM   #5452
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmmmm.....so stage 4 lockdowns were based on the 'hundreds of people failing to quarantine' according to Comrade Andrews. Yet the Police have only fined 42 people since April. Wow.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...tions/12574670
Despite claims hundreds are failing to isolate during the coronavirus crisis, Victoria Police says only 42 people have been fined

By Leonie Thorne

Victoria Police Deputy Commissioner Rick Nugent said some people were in the shed or showering when checked on.

Victoria Police has issued just 42 fines to people for failing to self-isolate when directed to, saying the "majority of people" have been doing the right thing when checked on.

Key points:
Common reasons people were recorded as not being at home were incorrect address details or being outside for a valid reasons
Victoria's Deputy Police Commissioner says some people were actually in the shower or in the shed when checked on
The State Government said earlier this month that hundreds of people weren't at home when they were supposed to be self-isolating
Earlier this month, the State Government introduced new penalties targeting people who did not self-isolate when directed to, including an on-the-spot fine of $4,957.

Police were given the power to detain repeat offenders, and people were no longer allowed to leave home to exercise if they had been directed to self-isolate.

Announcing the changes, the Government cited 3,000 doorknocks conducted by the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and health officials, which found more than 800 people were not at home when they were supposed to be self-isolating.

But information released by Victoria Police today shows:

26 people were fined $1,652 before the tougher measures were introduced on August 4
16 people were fined $4,957 after the new fine was introduced
For the latest news on the COVID-19 pandemic read our coronavirus updates.
Victoria Police said there were two common reasons people were initially recorded as not being at home: they had left their home for a permitted reason, or their address details were incorrect.

Deputy Commissioner Rick Nugent also said some people were actually at home when door-knocked.

"Some of them were in the shower when we knocked on the door, some were in a shed in the back building something, so they're not all necessarily out of their home," he said.

"Our experience is that the majority of people are doing the right thing."

Details of more than 30,000 people required to self-isolate given to police
Many of the 42 people who were fined had left home to go to the shops or for a walk, police said.

People are directed to self-isolate if they have tested positive to COVID-19, or if they are a close contact of someone who has.

The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has given Victoria Police the details of more than 30,000 people directed to self-isolate since April.

But until this weekend, police officers tasked with enforcing COVID-19 restrictions had no way of distinguishing data about those people, from data about people who were not at home when the ADF performed doorknocks.

"[Operation] Sentinel units have an app on their phone and they're tasked via the app," Deputy Commissioner Nugent said.

"What we can do now is differentiate between those who were checked by ADF and authorised officers, versus the general data provided by DHHS."

Deputy Commissioner Nugent said since the weekend, 98 out of 444 referrals of people not self-isolating were still under investigation.
Old 19-08-2020, 10:15 PM   #5453
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
Hmm, Tickford and Franco need to chat offline
Im just gonna go stupid and say I dont know

I had first flu shot at 52, which was recent !
Yeah maybe when I start getting up into the years but at this rate I don't think I'm making it to middle age, then again I've survived Y2K, the large hadron collider and 2012
Old 19-08-2020, 10:20 PM   #5454
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll take one for the team. You can't prove its effectiveness if you don't have anyone put their hand up
3 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2020, 10:26 PM   #5455
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I'll take one for the team.
Which of Romulus’ excuses are you referring to?
Old 19-08-2020, 10:29 PM   #5456
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Which of Romulus’ excuses are you referring to?
It got out of order. I was talking about Covid vaccine trials, as in I wouldn't have any issue with having the jab
Old 19-08-2020, 10:32 PM   #5457
gooseneck
Banned

haha. You guys think politicians really care if you get autism? You've all been buying Volkswagens and Audis and Toyotas and you think this didn't get noticed by Satan?

I'm against the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination but for the annual flu shot. I'm not going to have some ****er like Scummo decide for me if a vaccine is safe yet.

Last edited by gooseneck; 19-08-2020 at 10:53 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2020, 10:58 PM   #5458
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Hmmmm.....so stage 4 lockdowns were based on the 'hundreds of people failing to quarantine' according to Comrade Andrews.....
Good feedback, good to hear there are less careless citizens than we thought. Nice analogy, what would you have said ?
Note 'some' but cant ignore the truth about the majority
Old 20-08-2020, 12:10 AM   #5459
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
Good feedback, good to hear there are less careless citizens than we thought. Nice analogy, what would you have said ?
Note 'some' but cant ignore the truth about the majority
The basis of the stage 4 lockdown was largely attributed to the 'hundreds of people failing to isolate'. This is patently false, indeed completely contradicted by the Police who've only issued 42 fines since the lockdowns began in April.

This is a typical approach from a government which operates in a vacuum of accountability and zero care about the citizenry in general.
Old 20-08-2020, 01:19 AM   #5460
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

You will notice some deleted posts in the last couple of pages so let them stand as a warning that anyone who wishes to continue in that particular vein is going to be removed from this thread (and the entire Pub) until they can learn to behave like decent human beings rather than arrogant tools.

I won't be repeating myself. Apologies to the couple of people whose posts got deleted because they quoted one of the posts I was getting rid of.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread