Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2020, 02:29 PM   #5341
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Just spoke to 89 year old Nonna on the phone - she's all 'every time I see Dan Andrews, I want to punch the TV!' and she thinks that the young ones should still be allowed to go out and live their lives
This user likes this post:
Old 15-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #5342
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
Can someone help me out here. I don't recall the WHO warning us that we may never have a vaccine. Not saying they didn't but given that quite a few researchers are making good progress it seems like a silly thing to say.
Was this true or did you read it in The Australian?
They said something along the lines of that a vaccine may never be found. It was just a warning that a vaccine is not 100% guaranteed in the midst of all the hype. I can't find it but I remember reading it somewhere. Definitely not Australian as I don't sign up to it.

More recently.....

WHO warns there is no covid-19 vaccine on the horizon
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-.../12521250?nw=0
Old 15-08-2020, 03:04 PM   #5343
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very sad to hear of the end of the Hutt River Province. A drive out on Grey Rd or Binnu West road in spring is just beautiful as the canola comes into flower, and there's the pink lake at Gregory, and some good surf if you go looking around...
Old 15-08-2020, 03:08 PM   #5344
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Same scenario here except I avoid outside like the plague, the only time I go outside is from my door to the car then my car to the office door, I'm virtually a vampire but my vitamin D levels are good and I don't take supliments

My most pressing problem is I'm losing me hair at a rate of knots but not gaining wrinkles fast enough to pull off the shaved head look without looking like a neo Nazi

Baby face with a shaved head isn't a great look
Here's some hippy stuff that might help with the hair Franco:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Ancient-Se.../dp/038549162X
Old 15-08-2020, 03:43 PM   #5345
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Here's some hippy stuff that might help with the hair Franco:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Ancient-Se.../dp/038549162X
I have fixed it with a flexfit baseball cap of the 1320 video variety

It's more obvious as my hair grows out but I keep on top of it by getting the wog mohawk cleaned up every month usually but COVID19 isn't helping with my beauty routine as all the Barbers are closed
Old 15-08-2020, 04:03 PM   #5346
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
They said something along the lines of that a vaccine may never be found. It was just a warning that a vaccine is not 100% guaranteed in the midst of all the hype. I can't find it but I remember reading it somewhere. Definitely not Australian as I don't sign up to it.

More recently.....

WHO warns there is no covid-19 vaccine on the horizon
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-.../12521250?nw=0
Just doesn't fit with what I'm hearing about the progress at UQ. Depends on your perception of where the horizon is; production of millions of doses is going to take some time.
Old 15-08-2020, 04:31 PM   #5347
zilo
BANNED

Quote:

My most pressing problem is I'm losing me hair at a rate of knots but not gaining wrinkles fast enough to pull off the shaved head look without looking like a neo Nazi

Baby face with a shaved head isn't a great look
I will say this just once...your GP, ask for Propicea.
No more hair loss.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2020, 04:34 PM   #5348
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
As NZ Govt seems "unable" to find the source of latest Covid infection, so i'll make up a hypothetical scenario how about the 20 year old girlfriend of a gang 501 depotee (Who has Covid) some how breaks in his quarantine facility at night for a meet and greet, (these are Hotels not Prisons) some how this poor beneficiary and her child ends up with a wad of cash then does a tour of the North Island staying at a high end $$ Rotorua resort and doing every attraction in town, plus Taupo lake cruise, and because of who she associates with she would not be very cooperative with the Police in interviews. The End..

You could get a job on Biden's media team making up stories like that.
Hillary could proof read it.
Old 15-08-2020, 08:10 PM   #5349
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Re potential vaccines:

CSIRO is testing two vaccine candidates, One from University of Oxford and another from US - Inovio Pharma.

Link:
https://blog.csiro.au/two-vaccine-ca...ge-2/#comments

I am sure they know what they are doing and trust their judgement in picking these two as potential candidates.

UQ also doing research & vaccine development. They do issue many press releases and statements about something is ""just around the corner".

Regards,
George V
Old 15-08-2020, 09:02 PM   #5350
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A vaccine for something that was deliberately released? Even if it wasn't, and somehow escaped a laboratory, I doubt your non-tested mask will work.
Old 16-08-2020, 07:13 AM   #5351
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I will say this just once...your GP, ask for Propicea.
No more hair loss.
And because I quoted it you've said it twice.

My recommendation is Minoxidil. (I'm losing my hair too)

That or a blowtorch and a talented coffee barista/gay barber and turn his head into a golden combover.

Last edited by gooseneck; 16-08-2020 at 07:29 AM.
Old 16-08-2020, 07:21 AM   #5352
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Anyone else get sent a video about how the WHO got it wrong and that covid 19 is nothing more than a bacterial infection?

Cured by antibiotics and anti coagulants.

Discovered by Italian doctors after they did autopsies they shouldn't have been doing.

Aparrently....

Edit... the video goes on to say 5g promotes the spread of the bacteria in the body.

1st April is way past now... with watching the clip for novelty value alone, the shot they use for the autopsy, an alien is under the sheet.

Found it on YouTube. 2 months old, worth a laugh.

https://youtu.be/9W5pZ35DsZg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 16-08-2020 at 07:34 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2020, 07:27 AM   #5353
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s worth seeing if someone isn’t repeatedly rubbing their scalp as a stress displacement mechanism. Especially in the current Victorian climate.

Wondering what Sweden’s gross cost per fatality is, in national spending definitively linked to CV.
Old 16-08-2020, 07:39 AM   #5354
gooseneck
Banned

Stress?

I just watch spongebob squarepants. But the new movie coming out in early 2021 instead of May-2020 is giving me anxiety. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sp.../1100-6478848/
Old 16-08-2020, 10:32 AM   #5355
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

292 new cases for Australia and 4 deaths sees the CMR drop to 1.645% and active cases rise to 9,022. NSW recorded 9 cases, WA recorded 1 with the balance in Victoria.
Victoria recorded 2,410 cases in the last week, a reduction of 24% on the previous week. The State also recorded 101 deaths for the week, a 31% increase over the previous week.

7 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.367% and active cases rise to 56.

The UK had 1,012 new cases and 3 deaths yesterday for a CMR of 13.032%.

Just over 60k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,120 deaths sees CMR down to 3.132% and active cases at 44.4% with the raw numbers rising again. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
The USA completes 70M, Russia 32M, India 28M and Austria 1M tests;

Tunisia (120), Lebanon (397), Paraguay (633), Venezuela (1,281), Ethiopia (1,652), Morocco (1,776), Ukraine (1,847) and Iraq (4,293) all recorded new daily highs, those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 16-08-2020, 11:01 AM   #5356
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Victoria records 279 positive cases, and 16 deaths in the last 24 hours.
Old 16-08-2020, 11:15 AM   #5357
Danny
GT4.

I find it absolutely incredible (no matter which side of politics you’re on), how clearly the mapped data shows where our problem areas are. It’s ones and zeroes. Black and White.

There’s just no grey area or question in it. The Eastern suburbs are almost relatively free of infection, the multicultural West is in an absolute diabolical shambles. The only eastern burbs which are affected are the two major ones whose cultural demographic parallels that of the West. There is clearly a major issue here with certain groups not following restrictions, and it is not being publicly addressed. We’re talking about cold hard unbiased DATA here! Yet it seems that information like this can’t be widely reported upon, as what it infers is HUGELY unpopular.

I sincerely hope that behind the closed doors of parliament that some discussion is being had about how to further guide these communities in the correct direction, no matter how unpopular the suggestion may be. I’ve heard and read plenty of articles that square the blame on the fact our society doesn’t provide migrant communities with enough news options in their native languages, and yet I see dozens of SBS owned radio stations, FTA TV channels and SBS on demand options for people to stay up to date with Covid in more than 100 languages and dialects.

It’s all great fun for Betoota articles to make fun of d-head Victorians destroying the work of the first lockdown by flying out to pubs and bars the millisecond restrictions were lifted but let’s make no mistake here - This second wave wasn’t propagated by privileged white boys piling in to the Glenferrie in Hawthorn.
4 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2020, 11:19 AM   #5358
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Talking Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I find it absolutely incredible (no matter which side of politics you’re on), how clearly the mapped data shows where our problem areas are. It’s ones and zeroes. Black and White.

There’s just no grey area or question in it. The Eastern suburbs are almost relatively free of infection, the multicultural West is in an absolute diabolical shambles. The only eastern burbs which are affected are the two major ones whose cultural demographic parallels that of the West. There is clearly a major issue here with certain groups not following restrictions, and it is not being publicly addressed. We’re talking about cold hard unbiased DATA here! Yet it seems that information like this can’t be widely reported upon, as what it infers is HUGELY unpopular.

I sincerely hope that behind the closed doors of parliament that some discussion is being had about how to further guide these communities in the correct direction, no matter how unpopular the suggestion may be. I’ve heard and read plenty of articles that square the blame on the fact our oppressive society doesn’t provide migrant communities with enough news options in their native languages, and yet I see dozens of SBS owned radio stations, FTA TV channels and SBS on demand options for people to stay up to date with Covid in more than 100 languages and dialects.

It’s all great fun for Betoota articles to make fun of d-head Victorians destroying the work of the first lockdown by flying out to pubs and bars the millisecond restrictions were lifted but let’s make no mistake here - this second wave wasn’t propagated by privileged white boys going to the Glenferrie Hotel in Hawthorn.
It's not a language barrier it's an attitude problem with these communities - I've said it plenty of times before it's systematic failure on behalf of every Victorian state government over the past 80 years with how they mismanage migrants and their integration into our society.

I can tell you from first hand experience with the Italian community, if advice or guidelines come from people outside of our own community than you can get ****ed - we will do as we please.
Old 16-08-2020, 11:24 AM   #5359
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
It's not a language barrier it's an attitude problem with these communities - I've said it plenty of times before it's systematic failure on behalf of every Victorian state government over the past 80 years with how they mismanage migrants and their integration into our society.
Oh.. so it's the governments fault. Riiightio.

And here I was thinking it was an attitude problem with certain communities.

Better ring my 89 year old Nonna to get her view.
Quote:
Just spoke to 89 year old Nonna on the phone - she's all 'every time I see Dan Andrews, I want to punch the TV!' and she thinks that the young ones should still be allowed to go out and live their lives
Quote:
I can tell you from first hand experience with the Italian community, if advice or guidelines come from people outside of our own community than you can get ****ed - we will do as we please.
And this is a Government issue??? Not an attitude problem??

BTW, where were you born? Where did you live?

Last edited by Tickford.; 16-08-2020 at 11:30 AM.
Old 16-08-2020, 11:25 AM   #5360
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

A little set of graphs today that look at the daily case numbers for a few countries since the pandemic began in earnest.

I'm going to use column graphs today and ideally, what you want to see is a 'shape' that draws a downward curve from some peak point. I've drawn in the 3rd or 4th order polynomial trend lines (in purple) to show that shape.

First up are a couple of countries that, while not ideally shaped, are close to it - the United Kingdom and Italy which both had high early case numbers but then have tapered down since mid-April (Italy) and mid-May (UK) and although the UK has started a second upward trend recently, it's not steep while Italy started a second but also stopped it quickly. Both of these are 4th order polynomial trends.

The next pairing are Spain and Australia. Both show signs of a second wave with the Australian second wave actually more severe than the first wave but both those second waves have also tapered off or started to reverse in recent days. The trends are 3rd order polynomials.

Finally, a pair that are exactly what you don't want to see; the United States and Brazil - one of which is still largely following the herd immunity approach and the other which just seems to be full of idiots; both countries probably being led by one (an idiot that is) as well. Neither of these graphs have shown any real sign of doing anything other than climbing and even the little dip in the USA trend curve was short lived.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2020, 11:27 AM   #5361
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Oh.. so it's the governments fault. Riiightio.

And here I was thinking it was an attitude problem with certain communities.

Better ring my 89 year old Nonna to get her view.

Err, you just highlighted EXACTLY my point
Old 16-08-2020, 12:01 PM   #5362
leesa

Are they poor communities? Do they work low paid jobs? Are they being bullied into working while they're sick or they'll be fired? Are they being supported to pay their bills so they can stay at home and/or guaranteed they won't be punished by their employers?

Bit rich to come down on them harshly if we don't know why they're overrepresented in the numbers.

Old 16-08-2020, 12:13 PM   #5363
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Are they poor communities? Do they work low paid jobs? Are they being bullied into working while they're sick or they'll be fired? Are they being supported to pay their bills so they can stay at home and/or guaranteed they won't be punished by their employers?

Bit rich to come down on them harshly if we don't know why they're overrepresented in the numbers.
It's obvious exactly why they are and it's not to do with economic circumstances.
Old 16-08-2020, 12:49 PM   #5364
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Earlier in the week we looked at the number of days that had elapsed since the highest daily total was recorded for a range of countries.

The related set of data I want to look at today is those countries that have had case numbers above their 90th percentile during the last week and how many days that happened. This is perhaps a better indicator than days since peak of countries that are not only failing to gain ground but which are losing ground in the fight against the pandemic.

Globally (world total) it happened on four of the last seven days and nine of the last 14 days.

Starting with Africa these are all days out of the last seven: Morocco & Libya (7), Ethiopia (6), Senegal & Tunisia (4), Angola & Kenya (3).

Asia: India & Lebanon (7), Syria, Iraq & Philippines (6), Indonesia, Uzbekistan & Japan (5), Palestine, Israel, Nepal & South Korea (2).

South America: Argentina, Paraguay & Venezuela (7), Colombia (6), Peru (5), Costa Rica (4) Ecuador, Bolivia & Brazil (2).

North America: Guatemala (3), El Salvador (2), Dominican Republic (1),

Europe: Albania & Greece (7), Ukraine & Poland (6), Romania (5), Moldova (4), Czechia & Bosnia (2).

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 16-08-2020 at 01:01 PM.
Old 16-08-2020, 01:28 PM   #5365
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post

Hey Lees, cheers for your reply. While a valid point (and one that absolutely would account for a small proportion of the issue here), there are plenty of non migrant citizens staying home to the detriment of their own financial futures in order to do the right thing by the greater community.

I also find it duplicitous to promote the idea that for every migrant who blindly and defiantly flouts Covid restrictions there must be a non migrant bullying them into it. The issue runs far deeper than this, the numbers show it, and it’s not being addressed.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2020, 02:10 PM   #5366
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Hard to find but I found some info on North Korea Covid

Old 16-08-2020, 02:37 PM   #5367
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bill Shorten on insiders program pointed out that quarantine is a federal goverment responsibility as set out in the constitution. Is he correct or is he misusing the clause? If he is correct, why are all state premiers running the show? Can the powers be transferred?

https://twitter.com/billshortenmp/st...916886016?s=20

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 16-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #5368
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Robert Trump, aka 'honey' to his brother Donald, passed away overnight. Aged 71.

Cause of death.. undisclosed.

Was in ICU for several days prior to death.
Old 16-08-2020, 04:59 PM   #5369
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There’s just no grey area or question in it. The Eastern suburbs are almost relatively free of infection, the multicultural West is in an absolute diabolical shambles. The only eastern burbs which are affected are the two major ones whose cultural demographic parallels that of the West.
I noticed that. But inner east is also very multicultural, mainly asian based. Box Hill, Springvale are usually very busy places. Thank god they cancelled chinese new year celebrations early this year, otherwise I don't want to think what might have happened. These are also high density areas, where a lot people live in blocks of flats. Surprised it hasn't really kicked off there, although Whitehorse does have a few cases.

Interestingly, all the "Karens" and "sovereign citizens" are not what you would classify as from the "west cultural demographics".

Quote:
It’s all great fun for Betoota articles to make fun of d-head Victorians destroying the work of the first lockdown by flying out to pubs and bars the millisecond restrictions were lifted but let’s make no mistake here - This second wave wasn’t propagated by privileged white boys piling in to the Glenferrie in Hawthorn.
You do know Betoota is satire right? Sometimes it does seem to be more truthful than "news".
Old 16-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #5370
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

Interestingly, all the "Karens" and "sovereign citizens" are not what you would classify as from the "west cultural demographics".
Except for the "I know my rights" fool in the Landcruiser a couple of weeks ago.

Closed Thread