Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-07-2005, 07:11 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default First new Focus on the forums!

Well our new Black LS Focus will be collected in the morning after alot of work and determination to have it before the weekend.

We finally sourced a set of Yokahama tyres for it so we are ready to go.. Ive seen the car with the reverse sensors and tint and hell it looks good, can't wait to see it with the alloys :.

Will have pics tomorrow nite!

Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2005, 07:23 PM   #2
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Congratulations

Pics tonight Damm it!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2005, 07:59 PM   #3
losfp

Angry

I Hate You.

Seriously, congrats! Gives the rest of us hope Looking forward to the pics - hint hint...
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2005, 09:38 PM   #4
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Well done!

Tim!
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2005, 09:39 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Will have pics tomorrow arvo guys...

Id say this is the First CL in Aus to have the Optional Zetec rims to, especially considering how much work I went through to get them...
Old 28-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #6
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I vote to have you banned until pics are posted.... um that would mean you couldnt post them... bugger!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2005, 09:55 PM   #7
king_pin

The new bloods are coming... cant wait to see how they look done up with kits and rims
king_pin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2005, 11:52 PM   #8
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by losfp
I Hate You.

Seriously, congrats! Gives the rest of us hope Looking forward to the pics - hint hint...
My comments exactly:newangel:
Old 29-07-2005, 12:20 AM   #9
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
I vote to have you banned until pics are posted.... um that would mean you couldnt post them... bugger!
Seconded..... lets action this now
Old 29-07-2005, 11:53 AM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well i just drove it to the tyre shop to have the alloys fitted... Everyone looks at it so i guess htats a good thing for Ford!

3pm delivery.
Old 29-07-2005, 12:15 PM   #11
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

3:01 pics then!
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2005, 05:41 PM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

3:00.01 you mean?
Old 29-07-2005, 05:56 PM   #13
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Hehe, yeah.

4:51 and NO PICS!!!! Slacker!
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Old 29-07-2005, 06:47 PM   #14
rider007

Thumbs up

And please post interior photos also . Thanks
rider007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2005, 07:25 PM   #15
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here are 2 pics which are totally coz my camera went flat...

Ill have more tomorrow.
Old 29-07-2005, 07:27 PM   #16
zetec
Zoom Zoom

looking awesome so far, can't wait for recharged batteries!!!
Old 29-07-2005, 07:39 PM   #17
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Aw, you tease.
Old 29-07-2005, 08:32 PM   #18
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not real happy with the paint work on the car...

Found alot of Factory overspray on the left hand side which the dealer will be fixing monday...

Inside the car is great, however the Exterior Paint Finish is a joke, very dissapointed especially with the front and rear bar (factory buff marks).

Anyone getting a new focus make sure you go over the car before you accept it. Especially the exterior.
Old 29-07-2005, 08:56 PM   #19
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

That's no good to hear mate, I hope it get's sorted for you, nothing worse than something like this to ruin your new vehicle experiance
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2005, 11:26 PM   #20
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Not real happy with the paint work on the car...

Found alot of Factory overspray on the left hand side which the dealer will be fixing monday...

Inside the car is great, however the Exterior Paint Finish is a joke, very dissapointed especially with the front and rear bar (factory buff marks).

Anyone getting a new focus make sure you go over the car before you accept it. Especially the exterior.
Funny you say that. With the Zetec we borrowed the paint work looked great, but they also had a black CL there and if I wasn't mistaken, the paintwork on the front passenger side fender near the headlight had a very average finish to it, dull and not very shiny. At first i thought it may have been the light, but now I'm not so sure. I'll be checking mine carefully for sure.

Sorry to hear it mate. I'm sure the dealer will fix it up and all will be right with the world once again.:
Old 29-07-2005, 11:45 PM   #21
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

That looks really good! Congrats!!!!!!!! Black really looks good, esp with those rims...

On that note, does the centre cap on the rims have the ford badge?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2005, 11:47 PM   #22
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes it does...

They are the Geniune Zetec ones which are a dealer option on all models.
Old 30-07-2005, 12:06 AM   #23
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Yes it does...

They are the Geniune Zetec ones which are a dealer option on all models.
Oh ok... must be the pictures then lol. It looks silver to me... But awesome.. thats good!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 30-07-2005, 12:14 AM   #24
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Ford logo is shinny, its just the outline with Ford in silver shinny writing...

Doesnt look like its there but it is, along with 2 shinny edges on the centre cap.
Old 30-07-2005, 12:19 AM   #25
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
The Ford logo is shinny, its just the outline with Ford in silver shinny writing...

Doesnt look like its there but it is, along with 2 shinny edges on the centre cap.
Ohhhhhhh ok... awesome! i thought it was like the Ford written on the blue badge.... hence why i was a little confused. Looks really good!!!

Black looks great with those rims! Any future mods to come?

(I really wanted the zetec rims for my car... really disappointed [in my case] that they are 5 stud!!! ARHHHHHHHHHHH)

Old 30-07-2005, 12:33 AM   #26
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nah no mods, its my mums car..

The plan is to try and keep it looking nice for her, I seriously wouldnt recommend a black one tho as I think ill have my work cut out for me...

Shes happy thats the main thing!
Old 30-07-2005, 06:23 PM   #27
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well guys i am alot happier with the car now that i got into it today and fixed the paint work..

Firstly i got some 3M claybar and removed the overspray and also fixed the front and rear bumper with the help of my neighbour... Car looks 100% now as it should have when we took delivery!

I have some better photos of it before we detailed it up..
Old 30-07-2005, 07:30 PM   #28
WASP
Whipple Induced

That looks great! Pretty classy looking actually considering it's a CL. Those wheels with that colour really lift it.

Well done and i'm glad your happy now. Doesn't say much for your dealers predelivery preparation. You should have had them fix it.
Old 30-07-2005, 11:12 PM   #29
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh it was easier for me to do it myself.. I have a fair idea about it all plus they already got a serve on Friday from the new car sales manager and have already done PD twice on the car (bit of a joke but they are pretty pushed I think).

For it to have overspray from factory is a bit of a worry, and our car isnt the only one ive seen with overspray issues, ive also seen one in the dark blue (jeans blue i think) with overspray all over the rear quarter panel... The quality control is disgraceful and very dissapointing for a brand new model.

Other things I have to get fixed is a touchup inside one of the doors which has some bare metal showing, a tiny dint in the drivers door which was noted (hopefully the dent doctor can fix that one) and the front drivers side headlight that goes foggy when washing...

If i was to buy another one I would want to view the car pretty carefully before buying it, thats the sad part about buying a car thats not really available yet. They are good to drive but the finish expecially exteriorwise has ruined it for me.

I hope everyone else who has ordered one gets a better finish then what im seeing.
Old 31-07-2005, 10:44 AM   #30
rider007

Interior Photos please
rider007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post