Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-07-2005, 08:19 PM   #1
Mikey B
Frozen White Focus RS

Question What about this one ???

found this one....only done 4,500 kms....but $22.5k at dealer !

Again....good price or....

What do ya reckon ???

Cheers,
Mike

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.dealer_vehicle?vehicle_id=2448121&curr ent_rec=3&total_rec=45&sort_type=1&make_id=6&model _id=4154&state_id=5&search_distance=25

Mikey B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 09:34 PM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Again... you can pick this car up NEW for $23990!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2005, 10:15 AM   #3
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

plus dealer delivery and ORC!!!!! Don't get caught comparing a new "price" and a road registered driveaway price
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #4
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
plus dealer delivery and ORC!!!!! Don't get caught comparing a new "price" and a road registered driveaway price

this is the trick....I tend to negotiate a "drive away price" so I know what the full cost is going to be. If you buy a second hand car you will already have rego on it, green slip on it, no dealer delivery charge (which is a shonk anyway), BUT you will still have to pay stamp duty on the purchase price.

I dont want to re-go over all the pro's and cons for buying a runout model cheaper as opposed to the current model at full price but they are a consideration. There is a thread in here somewhere with a huge discussion on it.

At the price $22,500 for a Zetec R I reckon its not a bad price, its a little less than the price I paid for my Zetec last year brand new on road. At a dealer too dont forget they have a small margin to move in so I would also try at a minimum to get another $1,500 off that price. I suppose really you have to decide if you would be happy in the car advertised or you want to splurge the extra cash on the current model that looks standard then more cash to get rims, body kit etc...

My opinion......
Old 28-07-2005, 06:56 PM   #5
marcosambrose

Im with whippet, id go for the new model, then in a few months buy the bodykit and wheels and get it fitted at the dealer....

the engine in the Mk2 is faster, more powerful and more economical then the Zetec anyway, unless you really prefer the Mk1 then go Mk2.
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2005, 12:00 AM   #6
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

The dealer delivery cost is not a total shonk......... they do a fair few things to prepare the car, ................but there is a good profit in it (usually after they've given away most of the reatil margin in the first place)
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post