Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-04-2005, 08:53 PM   #1
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Default Michael Moore's Farhinhieht 9/11

I got this out on dvd last night, I don't know if this has ever been posted before, but has anyone seen this ????
It certainly puts a very different spin on things. However during the entire movie/documentry when he bothers to list "the coalition of the willing" not once was Australia mentioned. To the best of my knowledge we have been side by side on this issue (as far as Australian Government goes i mean).
So that brings me to a conclusion if that bit of info was missing, what else is missing. How the hell can we (Joe Public) know what is true and what is lies on either side. If what Michael Moore says is true its incredible to think just how tied up in the corruption of US politics is John Howard????

Has anyone else seen this movie/documentry ? and does anyone have any kind of factual based information that discredits this or perhaps an intermediatry kind of documentry that was perhaps undertaken by a non hollywood driven thing they can point or reccomend I see??

Man THIS SUCKS!!!!!!
It has really changed my thinking on the whole terrorism war.
I am by no means saying I have changed my mind to condone what terrorists do, but its made me think just who is the terrorists?????

And whilst I'm on my rant about this type of thing.
Mr John Howard,
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?????????
Did anyone hear John Howard made the Kinimballer sit off the Australian coast for 2 days before it returned to port simply because it was going to take that long for John Howard to come bac to Australia from his overseas trip, so he could welcome the men home????
Well geez Mr Howard, you have a deputy prime minister, delegate this duty to him to allow these battle weary men to come home to thier awaiting families. :
Old 30-04-2005, 08:57 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Michael Moore is a self serving idiot who manipulates facts to suit himself no differently to any politician.
I refuse to watch or listen to any of his rambling rubbish.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 09:01 PM   #3
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

He shoots himself in the foot by not telling everything in his articles, if he did he would probably still achieve the same purpose.

www.gnn.tv is good read.

Last edited by M14A-Mclaren; 30-04-2005 at 09:05 PM.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #4
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

Bowling For Columbine was so much better
Old 30-04-2005, 09:47 PM   #5
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont like both leaders. Both go against their countries majority. As far as IM concerned if the majority of Australia doesnt want to go to war then we dont. Voters elected him prime minister to represent what they want. But when he says in the best interests of this country its not cause its defying what the voters want and it shouldnt be legal. As for war. War is a big money thing. Defence systems and all that type of thing mean big dollars. The public never have and never will get the true story. Did you know that George Bush and Bin Laden's brother had been business partners and founders of an oil company? Believe it. I think bush therefore has a vested interest in oil

Check it out- The bin laden and bush tie!
http://www.americanfreepress.net/10_...orge_w__b.html

I am keen to see it so i can have an oppinion on the documentry and the name suggests its would be controversial.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 09:53 PM   #6
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Well the winner for Make Up in a film goes to Michael Moore! His on his on self serving mission. Admittidly Bownling for Culimbine was good.
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 09:54 PM   #7
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the url is www.davekopel.com ( .net ) He goes through 9/11 like a dose of laxatives. Obviously the goverment feeds us crap but this guy is no better......
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 10:02 PM   #8
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

II havent seen fahrenheit 9/11 but its probably the only 9/11 doco that i HAVENT seen....ive been really looking into the whole 9/11 thing....and if you google something like "pentagon conspiracy" or "trade center conspiracy" or "911 conspiracy" you'll find so much shit out there...I really dont know what to believe any more....its very scary indeed...

In most P2P software search for "9/11 in plane site" its a VERY interesting doco on the attacks.....makes you really wonder what the truth is...
Heres an edonkey link....

ed2k://|file|911.In.Plane.Site.(2004).VHS-Rip.DivX3.avi|409984000|b529e28612924590826b877bf6 a1a04d|
Old 30-04-2005, 10:02 PM   #9
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

I wasn't as impressed with Farenheit 9/11 as I was with Bowling For Columbine. I'm yet to see Michael Moore shoot himself in the foot, but that doesn't mean that I hang off every word he says either.

He puts forward some good arguments and states some facts that are quite mind blowing, he's also done some good things (as you'll see if you watch Bowling For Columbine).

I have a book that he's put together that are emails sent from soldiers in Iraq, his website has more on them. Quite interesting reading.

His next documentary on drug companies should be interesting.
Old 30-04-2005, 10:02 PM   #10
5speedeb
now with 3.73 lsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukey
Bowling For Columbine was so much better
yeah i gotta agree there
5speedeb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 10:41 PM   #11
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinmyEB
I wasn't as impressed with Farenheit 9/11 as I was with Bowling For Columbine. I'm yet to see Michael Moore shoot himself in the foot, but that doesn't mean that I hang off every word he says either.
Figure of speech, Where he loses creditability to rephrase.
Old 30-04-2005, 10:43 PM   #12
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman
II havent seen fahrenheit 9/11 but its probably the only 9/11 doco that i HAVENT seen|
Have you seen "Aftermath: Unanswered Questions From 9/11" ??
Old 30-04-2005, 10:49 PM   #13
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is a link from Dave Kopel's site that deals with some of the issues:

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fift...enheit-911.htm
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 10:56 PM   #14
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Michael Moore is a self serving idiot who manipulates facts to suit himself no differently to any politician.
I refuse to watch or listen to any of his rambling rubbish.
Ditto.

I read something called "the truth behind columbine" or along the lines of that, and basically shot his so called documentary to pieces. He chopped about 3 different speaches into one at one point, filmed himself talking to people as they walked away, but the shot was actually once the interview was ended and they said good bye, just with michael moore dubbed over the top. He quoted people out of context, manipulated figures, everything you could imagine.

Also the so-called nuclear weapons facility was actually for the alteration of decommisioned ICBM rockets to carry communication satelites into orbit.

IMO Michael Moore logic should be left to ninth graders. I'll shut up now because any further would be politics :

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 11:36 PM   #15
honer
Back to N/A land

I recommend seeing "FarenHYPE 9/11", its sorta the same thing except with facts that Michael Moore conviently leaves out as he is a dipshit, as Casper pointed out :P
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2005, 01:24 AM   #16
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

_ Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:53 AM   #17
gtfpv
GT

while slightly off topic but onto politics i'm a federal labour voter. and i have no sypathy for the shit australia gets itself into . highest taxes in the world, highest casualisation in the world. for starters. but who votes the liberals in the people trying to pay off 200- 400,000 dollar mortgages whilst working casual whith no conditions or employment rights, paying massive amounts for daycare and petrol, high school fees and uni fees. long hospital waiting lists, go to war because george bush says. strip awards and take away unfair dismissal laws, next on the agender is take away penalty rates on weekends THESE PEOPLE THATS WHO !!!!!
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2005, 02:45 AM   #18
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Default Thread just went political time for some censorship !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
while slightly off topic but onto politics i'm a federal labour voter. and i have no sypathy for the shit australia gets itself into .
Um like what shit? Would you rather live in Bosnia, or Afghanistan, Iran maybe?
Quote:
highest taxes in the world, highest casualisation in the world. for starters.
of course you have something to back up this claim?
Quote:
but who votes the liberals in the people trying to pay off 200- 400,000 dollar mortgages whilst working casual whith no conditions or employment rights, paying massive amounts for daycare and petrol, high school fees and uni fees. long hospital waiting lists, go to war because george bush says. strip awards and take away unfair dismissal laws, next on the agender is take away penalty rates on weekends THESE PEOPLE THATS WHO !!!!!
And who voted for lieing thieving incompetent vandals like our NSW state Govt? It's dreamers like you that think Government is a pot of money somewhere, that the handouts come from.
Your in NSW your worries about a health system that has been crippled due to incompetance, an education system that is in tatters. An industrial system so crippled by OH&S nonsense that the only cost effective option is to have everything manufactued overseas. A NSW Govt that is pulling record income from Land Tax, Stamp duty, and a record winfall from GST, but has still managed to cripple the state, with zero infrastructure spending on Water, electricity, Gas, Roads etc, but has deamed it entirely suitable to increase the housing density in our capital, and has handed profiteering off our roads on a platter to large offshore companies.

You must have voted for Latham, thankfully he didn't get the opportunity to do to Australia what he did to Liverpool council.

Red just shakes his head. :evilsasmo

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 01-05-2005 at 02:47 AM.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2005, 02:52 AM   #19
gtfpv
GT

yeah well said nice to see john howard is looking after everything like he's false inflation figures and work 4hrs and your emplyed bullshit .
Old 01-05-2005, 02:57 AM   #20
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
yeah well said nice to see john howard is looking after everything like he's false inflation figures and work 4hrs and your emplyed bullshit .
Yeah good one!! Another fantasy, you'd better get some sleep now you dont want to be late for todays Mayday march.

"Whatta we Want?"
"Fantasy!"
"When do we want it?"
"NOW"

i think thats what you have to chant
Old 01-05-2005, 03:00 AM   #21
rdomain
Sonic DV8

Arrow

I enjoy Michael Moore because he gives the other side of the story which the average person wouldn't get to see (unless they're interested in researching the various topics) so I'd reccomend seeing 911 and his other 'films'
And yeah, f*ck john howard :gren:

Velocity BA XR6 MkII Turbo Ute
White EB XR6 S MkII Sedan
rdomain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2005, 03:01 AM   #22
gtfpv
GT

whilst we're on the topic why dont you talk about the federal governments training and education plans . ie no apprentices. no well paid jobs unless you keep your hands clean and talk and write. no chance to get qualifications to get these jobs unless your parents have enough money that you dont need one anyway . pay through the nose to send your children to school , whilst your tax dollars are going towords public education. and thats right when the country starts loosing skilled workers try and bring low paid migrants in to do the work . THANKYOU JOHN.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:03 AM   #23
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Yeah good one!! Another fantasy, you'd better get some sleep now you dont want to be late for todays Mayday march.

"Whatta we Want?"
"Fantasy!"
"When do we want it?"
"NOW"

i think thats what you have to chant
TOO RIGHT MATE AND WHATS WRONG WITH MAYDAY . DONT THE GOVERNMENT APPROVE OF THAT
Old 01-05-2005, 03:13 AM   #24
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
TOO RIGHT MATE AND WHATS WRONG WITH MAYDAY . DONT THE GOVERNMENT APPROVE OF THAT
You'd have to ask the Govt. from my point of view it will be a right Royal PITA, like many real workers I will be inconvenienced tomorrow by the dreamers having their yearly shouting at the buildings. I'm sure Bob, Kim & Loopy Latham will be up there marching with the rest of you true believers. Or maybe they are too busy counting your membership dollars. Enjoy and give my regards to the mad march hare if you see him.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:29 AM   #25
gtfpv
GT

THIS IS ONLY POLITICS AND i dont believe in thuggery or bullshit but governments with big business interests and media control i have no time for. it is the people that control the country not the government but the liberals have taken all the peoples rights away.you cant negotiate anymore you do what they say. when i was starting out 20yrs ago there was numourous apprenticeship opps and you could save for a house .evenat 15% int. when houses went up so did your pay. now what do young people face . living with mum and dad while working at Mcdonalds to pay off thier education loans so they can get a job in the policeforce. or work as a casual in a hospital or something. or run a bisiness 24/7 to buy an average house 500,000 on a low income in comparrison to 20 years ago. if the government does things the majority dont like do the majority find out about it or have the right as they did in the past to strike or block the roads to get some action no . but it wont be long before the young people have had enough i'm predicting a coo in the not to distant future with this dictating government.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:45 AM   #26
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
THIS IS ONLY POLITICS AND i dont believe in thuggery or bullshit but governments with big business interests and media control i have no time for. it is the people that control the country not the government but the liberals have taken all the peoples rights away.you cant negotiate anymore you do what they say. when i was starting out 20yrs ago there was numourous apprenticeship opps and you could save for a house .evenat 15% int. when houses went up so did your pay. now what do young people face . living with mum and dad while working at Mcdonalds to pay off thier education loans so they can get a job in the policeforce. or work as a casual in a hospital or something. or run a bisiness 24/7 to buy an average house 500,000 on a low income in comparrison to 20 years ago. if the government does things the majority dont like do the majority find out about it or have the right as they did in the past to strike or block the roads to get some action no . but it wont be long before the young people have had enough i'm predicting a coo in the not to distant future with this dictating government.
There will be a revelution before long if you mate Bob isn't thrown out of Macquarie St, Then again he'll probalbly skulk off soon and let someone else clean up his mess.

Any tradesman who employs an apprentice with current NSW unfair dismissal laws and self funded workcover OH&S is either very brave or very foolhardy. Have a look at a few of these one sided gems and work out why apprenticeships are almost a thing of the past. Employ staff in this environment, you'd have to be mad!
Better off to keep your buisness smaller and put your hard earned into your mortgage.

That is the reality, and thats why everyones kids will find it harder to get a start!!!!

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 01-05-2005 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:46 AM   #27
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we should celebrate may day.
other countries do it. Its a great holiday in Europe.

please johnny dont sign a free trade agreement with china.
I wanna keep some car industry in Aus.

Last edited by MethodX; 01-05-2005 at 03:58 AM.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2005, 04:01 AM   #28
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
....I wanna keep some car industry in Aus.
Michael Moore doesn't his tripe brands all industry evil, poluting and corrupt. He'd far prefer we all had the choice of the peoples repulic car or nothing as long as it sell his biased media nonsense. :evilsasmo
Old 01-05-2005, 04:06 AM   #29
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopin Mikey Moore comes to Aus and does a film on our great leader.
lots of Ammo hed have lol
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2005, 04:10 AM   #30
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
Hopin Mikey Moore comes to Aus and does a film on our great leader.
lots of Ammo hed have lol
The lazy myopic slob probably will, the lies and distortions have already been written for him.

And he could have navel rubbing sessions with Kim and Robert Ray, now there is a visual that will curdle your milk long before its use by date!!!