Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Brake change, Focus LT upgrade

Hey Guys (and Gals?) - I did my front brakes the other day.

Was going to buy the pads of ebay, but decided to buy from a shop, just in case. Went to supacheap.

Found pads for evey other bloody Focus, except my build date. From what I read on all the ebay adds, it shouldnt have mad any difference, but when I spoke to a Bendix rep, who was at the store, he said it did matter on the '08 update, which was why they had a specific part.

I really didnt want to spend any more than $70 on pads, but I ended up getting the only set available in store, which was the Bendix Stealth range.

Bit of a **** I thought. Stealth brakes...

Well, been two weeks now, and I am really happy with both my workmanship and the pads. Pulls up great, but I have noticed a major difference between the fronts and the rears.

My front wheels are still nice and clean and shiney, where as the rears are the usual fithy brake dust coated rims...

Had not expected that.

Oh, I bought the 7mm alen key in a set at Supacheap for $11.99, and a little sache of high temp brake lubricant for $1.99, so all up they cost me around $122.00

A bit more than I expected, but way under getting it done through a shop or dealer.

I have about 0.6mm left on the discs, which I will purchase off ebay.

Going to invest in a wind back tool for the rears, also off ebay.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
rand0mn00b

Default Re: Brake change, Focus LT upgrade

yes the stock pads are dusty-as. they pull up ok and are very quiet though, so something had to give I suppose...

when I was shopping around I didn't recall there being a difference in pads, but the rotors are same among the LS-LV

at the time I was shopping around the only pads from Bendix available were the GCT. Bendix make a pretty good pad overall, if on the pricy side for their given performance. I guess being sold in a retail chain doesn't help there.

good pickup on the 7mm hex key - would have saved me hours of cursing had I known about that. I managed to get away with some good pliers for the rears but a winding tool will make life 100 times easier (and need one less person for the job)
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post