Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #1
Battlepope

Default Howdy, new member from Melbourne!!

As the title suggests, I'm a new member from Melbourne. My name's Dale and I've had my '04 Zetec since March '05. Picked it up ex-demo with about 3k on the clock, and it runs like a beast. Figured i'd better formally introduce myself before i start replying to posts, especially after what happened to Motorex.

Anyway, I figure it's now time to start modding my little Beast. And i've gotta tell ya, i've learned more about fiestas in an hour of reading your threads than I have from a whole week of googling. Awesome forum!! My hat is off to ya!

Battlepope is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #2
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlepope
As the title suggests, I'm a new member from Melbourne. My name's Dale and I've had my '04 Zetec since March '05. Picked it up ex-demo with about 3k on the clock, and it runs like a beast. Figured i'd better formally introduce myself before i start replying to posts, especially after what happened to Motorex.

Anyway, I figure it's now time to start modding my little Beast. And i've gotta tell ya, i've learned more about fiestas in an hour of reading your threads than I have from a whole week of googling. Awesome forum!! My hat is off to ya!
Welcome Battlepope!

What colour is your Fiesta & what kind of mods are you thinking about?
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 12:08 PM   #3
Battlepope

My Zetec's red. Trying to get some pics up, but not having much luck.

I was mainly thinking about cosmetic mods to start off with. But the wife wants an exhaust. I was looking at the jwrc kit from puma speed. Gonna cost a bit though. I was also looking at Morrette head lamps, but they're also pricy, and probably wouldn't look that good WITH the jwrc kit.
Old 15-07-2006, 12:41 PM   #4
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome!

Yes, pics would be good. Are there any mods you've done to the fez so far? wheels? tints? filters?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 12:44 PM   #5
Battlepope

Got some pics, although probably not much point seeing as it's still completely stock, and i'm sure you know what a stock fez looks like.

Old 15-07-2006, 03:11 PM   #6
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the forums. I think your only the 2nd Colorado Red Zetec on the forums (Y)
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 03:50 PM   #7
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
..... (Y)
Dont forget that this isnt MSN
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #8
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another Melbourne member! We're catching up NSW!!

Nice to meet you, Battlepope! You're not the only stock Fiesta from Melbourne ;) Welcome and hope to see you on one of the cruises!
Old 15-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #9
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Welcome.

Hope your enjoying the Zetec! Truely the cheapest driver's car you could get. Nice colour choice too. Just make sure you keep it clean and waxed :P

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 06:54 PM   #10
Battlepope

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
Another Melbourne member! We're catching up NSW!!

Nice to meet you, Battlepope! You're not the only stock Fiesta from Melbourne ;) Welcome and hope to see you on one of the cruises!
Always nice to meet a Melbourne boy. I'm from Albion in the west. Quite a few fiestas around here. In fact, I'm pretty sure Tinex lives around the corner from me.
Old 15-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #11
Battlepope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Welcome.

Hope your enjoying the Zetec! Truely the cheapest driver's car you could get. Nice colour choice too. Just make sure you keep it clean and waxed :P
Love the Zetec. But didn't actually have a choice in the colour. I actually wanted it in black or in the lighter blue colour (jeans blue?? i think) but it was the only one in the show room and they wanted to get rid of it fast so they could get an '05 model in. Trying to keep in clean around here isn't easy either, what with all the galahs and possums.

...and cats. Colorado Red shows every tiny little scratch... of course, black or jeans blue probably would have too.
Old 15-07-2006, 07:49 PM   #12
Al...

welcome to the forums......
Al... is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #13
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Got some pics, although probably not much point seeing as it's still completely stock, and i'm sure you know what a stock fez looks like.

Ahhh, just like what my red Zetec looked like back when I bought it in March 06 (conincidence ey??). It's a bit different now!

You're actually the third Colorado Red Zetec on the forums, and second from Melbourne (I'm in Templestowe)! Welcome, mate, hope you're interested in coming on cruises!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #14
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Ahhh, just like what my red Zetec looked like back when I bought it in March 06 (conincidence ey??). It's a bit different now!

You're actually the third Colorado Red Zetec on the forums, and second from Melbourne (I'm in Templestowe)! Welcome, mate, hope you're interested in coming on cruises!
06?

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 08:14 PM   #15
Battlepope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny

Count me in for the cruises. And it's nice to know that other people have the Colorado Red Zetec. Seen plenty in the LX, but I've never seen another Red Zetec in the flesh.
Old 15-07-2006, 08:19 PM   #16
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Battlepope, welcome to the forums.... :
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #17
Battlepope

Thanks robjh80. I notice you're from Brisbane. I used to live in Inala!!! ...yeah, don't ask!
Old 15-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #18
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks robjh80. I notice you're from Brisbane. I used to live in Inala!!! ...yeah, don't ask!
I used to do a fair bit of work in and around Inala and Darra when I was in the rag trade, I used to repair Industrial Sewing Machines for a living, used to be a lot of sewing outworkers around that area, whole families would work all day and night in double garages, set them up like mini-factories, they would get perhaps half a dozen machines in each garage and pound them virtually 24/7, little kids were into it too,.... funny thing was that a lot of the garments were "top shelf" lables..."(wont mention names"), the same garments would then retail in boutiques for hundreds of dollars a piece but the outworkers cut would only amount to a couple of dollars per piece if he was lucky!!...."scandalous stuff imo", but thats another story,.....anyway I'm out at Victoria Point these days and working out a more relaxed earner in IT.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Glad you like the Zetec! Once you catch the Zetec Bug, You can never go back! Only way to upgrade is into another driver's car :P

Did you mean the Silver/Green colour? or Silver? Or the mid blue (Aquarius)?

Oh... I used to remember when my Fiesta looked like that. Sometimes I do miss it (like now). Shame on Ford for not giving me an ST!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 16-07-2006, 03:29 AM   #20
Danny
GT4.

Even if ford had bought in the ST, you still would have bought the Clio you Snail eating French Frog! :
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 11:16 AM   #21
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

It would have been an extremely hard choice and I would have probably considered the ST. I love the fact the Fiesta ST is a 2.0L NA... So I would have probably got one. The reason I didn't get the Polo GTI was because the price was too expensive when optioned, and then the insurance was a killer for a Turbo. Go the ST!

Old 16-07-2006, 12:17 PM   #22
Battlepope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
It would have been an extremely hard choice and I would have probably considered the ST. I love the fact the Fiesta ST is a 2.0L NA... So I would have probably got one. The reason I didn't get the Polo GTI was because the price was too expensive when optioned, and then the insurance was a killer for a Turbo. Go the ST!
Agreed. Go the ST. My wife loves the seats in the ST. She wants me to try and order some from the UK. I'm like, "dammit woman, do you know how much that's gonna cost me??"

Forget the seats, i just want the 2.0.
Old 16-07-2006, 01:19 PM   #23
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the Polo GTi costed for insurance and it wasn't much difference between the polo and the fiesta.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #24
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Welcome to the forum mate. Another Fez owner from the Western Suburbs! I'm on the border of Sunshine and Braybrook, and there's only one or two other Fiestas in my area that I know of. If you ever see a Diamond White WP LX with blue Autobot embems driving around, that's me.

There's a Eurofordclub meet coming up; I'll try to take the day off work so I can attend. Can't wait to see you fellas in the flesh.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #25
Battlepope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flederschwein
Welcome to the forum mate. Another Fez owner from the Western Suburbs! I'm on the border of Sunshine and Braybrook, and there's only one or two other Fiestas in my area that I know of. If you ever see a Diamond White WP LX with blue Autobot embems driving around, that's me.

There's a Eurofordclub meet coming up; I'll try to take the day off work so I can attend. Can't wait to see you fellas in the flesh.
I'm pretty sure I've seen you parked at Sunshine Marketplace near the cinema. My wife was drooling over the autobot decal.

I used to own an XF and i was going to spray it black and put a decepticons decal on the bonnet, but didn't because i realised that it would be a bit dicky, seeing as the decepticons were mainly jets.
Old 16-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #26
photn
AFF Post NAZI

welcome to the forum mate. good to have more members joining, this is a good site for alot of information as alot of ppl have had experience in many things and you can get opinions for alot of things on your car, that and u might get ideas from other ppl's rides. WELCOME

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #27
Battlepope

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
welcome to the forum mate. good to have more members joining, this is a good site for alot of information as alot of ppl have had experience in many things and you can get opinions for alot of things on your car, that and u might get ideas from other ppl's rides. WELCOME
Thanks mate. Got heaps of ideas already. I almost feel like I'm mooching off everyone else, seeing as everyone else seems to have done all the ground work already.
Old 18-07-2006, 02:31 AM   #28
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

G'day champ, welcome. It's great to see more Fiesta owners showing their faces on the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
I had the Polo GTi costed for insurance and it wasn't much difference between the polo and the fiesta.
I think Teki's age may have conspired against him when getting insurance quotes. P Plater + turbo = use of limbs to pay for insurance.
Old 18-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #29
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
I think Teki's age may have conspired against him when getting insurance quotes. P Plater + turbo = use of limbs to pay for insurance.
Have to agree with that. For me there's stuff all difference between the Fiesta Zetec, Peugeot 206 GTi, Polo GTi, Clio Sport etc, etc. They're all high $300's to mid $500's..... Yes, I'm a bit older than Steven (Teki)!