Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-04-2021, 05:51 PM   #1
Roger1960

Default A Lucky Escape For Me

When I first had my FGX XR8, I was still getting used to it and had a lucky escape while out driving one day.

I was cruising the southern suburbs beaches, and pulled in to a carpark to take some photos. I then drove slowly out on to the road, and checked the rear mirror, and there were cops right behind me. Sure enough, after about 100 metres, on went the flashing lights, so I pulled in to another parking area. Due to the blind spots in these cars, I didn't see the cop car at all and just pulled out right in front of them.

The first cop asked "didn't you see us" and I told her no I hadn't. Then the second cop said he knew late model Falcons had blind spots, because he owned a Falcon FG Mk 2 XR6 Turbo. He said he liked the car's looks and the colour, and then asked about it's power level. I said it's impressive factory standard, and nearly blurted out that it's even better now after a tune. Then I thought no.....better not say that.

After the usual I. D. and breath checks, they said I wasn't getting a ticket. They also said that the offence I committed of "Entering A Road Without Due Care" attracted a fine of over $400.00....ouch !!!

Last edited by Roger1960; 28-04-2021 at 06:06 PM.
Roger1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post