Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default SE QLD Speed limit

Well the nutcases have done it again. The stretch of the Bruce Highway (1) between Cooroy and Curra has been the site of several bad accidents in the last few years. Anyone who travels on this road can tell you why. It goes from a 110km/h 4 lane freeway to a single lane windy goat track with very few overtaking areas.

The nett result is that the constant stream of non country drivers tend to panic, drive slow and cause huge delays, except of course on the overtakng areas where they speed up because it is nice safe dual lane like they are used to preventing overtaking then of course they slow down again.

Almost all of the prangs involve head on or near miss head on followed by loss of control.

People who are fatigued and frustrated often do silly things to overtake which can lead to tragedy.

The correct solution for this problem? More overtaking areas and better roads or even extend the freeway like it was promised in the 70s, and again in the 80s and the 90s and again in 2002.

The problem? This is where the Traveston Dam is going and half of the existing road will be flooded if the unelected dropkick in charge has her way so if they fix the road and the dam is built it will be a waste.
Why not move the road like they have everywhere else? Well it is a Federal road (Highway 1) and Comrade Kev won't pay for that unless the Traveston Dam is built which after all the investigations, impact studies and academic crap may or may not be sometime in the late 21st or early 22nd century.

So what do they do? The textbook answer to everything. They lower the speed limit of this 50km stretch of heavily used highway so people will get more frustrated and fatigued and do more silly things. Bloody brilliant.

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2008...mit-cut-90kmh/

I drive this road several times most weeks and it is always the same. They reckon a few seconds but due the the cascade effect it will increase the duration by 10-20 minutes.

Now if the road toll here drops they will jump for joy and then lower it everywhere, if not the will lower it even more everywhere.

Only 10 months to go. C'arn the Borg.......

/not that I am upset about it at all....

flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

I'm not familiar with that stretch of road, but the move is typical of governments and their one size fits dumb approach.

Keep up the fight and chat to your local member(s).

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Indeed its typical, they did the same on a stretch of the motorway infront of the ettamogah pub, instead of fixing a dangerous entry onto the highway, they lowered the limit, so people can crash at a lower speed

i frigging hate band aid fixes!
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en...,0.607681&z=11

This is it, from Cooroy to Bells Bridge

Old 13-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

You can't legislate against stupidity... widening the road or lowering the limit won't prevent people from doing stupid things and not thinking their actions through before doing them.

A few years back when I did a trip up to Hervey Bay I had some numbnut in a commonwhore who thought he was allowed to arbit the speed on that part of the road so on the single lane sections he would do 10-20 km under the limit and as soon as the overtaking lanes appeared he would accelerate up to 120-130 so nobody could pass him. Eventually someone did pass him, presumably at a speed well above the limit and indeed well above what they should do on such a windy road.

Putting more overtaking lanes in or widening won't necessarily prevent idiots like our friend in the commodore from doing what he was doing.
Old 13-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #6
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol, reminds me of the 4 deaths we had around my area recently, first off, all caused by driver stupidity.

A stupid old woman, driving a toyota corolla tried to overtake and sideswiped the car in front she was trying to overtake, spun the other car around and had a head on with another, they all died. Then the very next week, overtaking in the same spot there was an accident. The news papers were filled with people going "That road needs to be widened and fixed blah blah"... The roads perfectly fine, PEOPLE JUST NEED TO LEARN THE DAMN ROAD RULES AND LEARN HOW TO DRIVE!

Honestly, if I was in a position of power, everyone who is 50+ has to wear an S plate for senior so we know who is who and once you turn 65, the licence gets handed in and you are to never drive again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #7
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

its been a bottle neck for 20 years the road more than justifies upgrading . 2 lanes into 1 dont go .obeying the road rules i do agree with you on that ,but changing that spot back to 90 will / should increase accidents and potential .cities keep getting their loopty loop roads and bridges ,and we cant get high death rate roads repaired .and to the above post 50 is not senior ,and they have way more experience than most .
Old 13-12-2008, 11:41 PM   #8
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
So what do they do? The textbook answer to everything. They lower the speed limit of this 50km stretch of heavily used highway so people will get more frustrated and fatigued and do more silly things. Bloody brilliant.
But Tony if they take 10kmh from this road maybe they'll give it to the Maryborough/Hervey Bay Rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daymoe
Honestly, if I was in a position of power, everyone who is 50+ has to wear an S plate for senior so we know who is who and once you turn 65, the licence gets handed in and you are to never drive again.
Ah. Spoken by one who is yet to reach 25 ?
Old 14-12-2008, 01:34 AM   #9
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman_75
its been a bottle neck for 20 years the road more than justifies upgrading . 2 lanes into 1 dont go .obeying the road rules i do agree with you on that ,but changing that spot back to 90 will / should increase accidents and potential .cities keep getting their loopty loop roads and bridges ,and we cant get high death rate roads repaired .and to the above post 50 is not senior ,and they have way more experience than most .
Contrary to what a lot of 'country people' think, us 'city people' don't have good roads either. The surfaces of roads in and around Brisbane are terrible. Most rural fatalities are the result of fatigue, alcohol or excess speed. Go look at the stats, in few cases the road itself is to blame.
Old 14-12-2008, 02:13 AM   #10
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

OK superhero, here is a challenge. I will race you, 20 laps of any circuit you like, time trial in the same car. The prize is $10,000.

Are you game? Come on, you have got to be a better driver than all us oldies....or are you just yet another play station hero.
Old 14-12-2008, 09:43 AM   #11
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm thinking there is a very low risk of someone with your intellect ever getting into such a position of power.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #12
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
OK superhero, here is a challenge. I will race you, 20 laps of any circuit you like, time trial in the same car. The prize is $10,000.

Are you game? Come on, you have got to be a better driver than all us oldies....or are you just yet another play station hero.

In case you can't make it, I'll be your back-up driver Tony.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #13
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgs351
I'm thinking there is a very low risk of someone with your intellect ever getting into such a position of power.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 10:46 AM   #14
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
The roads perfectly fine, PEOPLE JUST NEED TO LEARN THE DAMN ROAD RULES AND LEARN HOW TO DRIVE!

That's a big call from someone with how much driving experience ?

Post history says you are doing VCE next year, do you even have a licence yet ?
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #15
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Contrary to what a lot of 'country people' think, us 'city people' don't have good roads either. The surfaces of roads in and around Brisbane are terrible. Most rural fatalities are the result of fatigue, alcohol or excess speed. Go look at the stats, in few cases the road itself is to blame.
As a former 'country person' turned 'city person' i have driven on both types of roads. You are right, both are rubbish. When i came to brisbane i remember thinking these roads are great, yeah till i got into the suburbs and discovered they were just as bad RE potholes etc. Also the main roads are rutted and of uneven surface with excessive wear on some.

BUT, the big difference is the speed involved RE the road surface. While most brisbane roads that handle lots of traffic at high speeds (motorways etc.) are semi decent, in FNQ (where i grew up) the national highway is a local joke. There are holes 4 inches deep and 2 foot wide, i'm not kidding, in the Bruce Highway. This is 100km/h dual carriageway that gets plenty of traffic in sometimes attrocious weather conditions. While fatigue and alcohol are present, i can tell you from personal experience that city drivers struggle to even maintain the posted limit in the dry. I'm amazed at how i used to drive at the speed limit in light rain on those roads. They are also poorly designed with too sharp bends and inadequate signposting. Don't get me started on the back roads at the rural limit of 100 clicks too.....

While the road surface almost never causes accidents by itself, it is a contributing factor in many cases. Make a mistake on the M1 and you might get away with it, on a single lane goat track they call roads in rural QLD, your stuffed.....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #16
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:

The you can come back on here and winge and moan about how unfair it is when you turn 65..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #17
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a band-aid fix and revenue raising!
Yes,it is a pathetic exuse for a major hi-way,but i find the biggest problem with it is the numb-nuts drivers who speed up in the over taking lanes, whilst previously travelling at 80kp/h in the single lane, 100k zone (And yes,my wife and I reguarlly use the road as we quite often go from Bundy to the Sunshine Coast)
noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #18
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
yep you are right on the back road thing but most of your majors are great ,our major sees exhausts ripped off ,buckled rims anything over 18s ,and riding my motorbike to work airbourne several times .and i dont agree with ya on the speed thing but the others i do fatigue is a serious issue ,and drink driving stupid .but craming 2 lanes into a very ordinary 1 is silly our road systems are a joke .
Old 14-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #19
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Swordsman have you driven Cairns to Townsville lately?

They have fixed the problem by having almost continuous roadworks all the way down, most of it is 80kmh. They should have signs saying "NO ROAD WORKS NEXT 5 KM". 5 to 6 hours is the norm for a trip these days, with stop/go men, detours, caravans, trucks etc and the speed cameras love all the roadworks too.

When they finish the (cough) floodproofing of the road, it will no doubt be a major improvement but I bet it won't be a 110kmh limit either.
You can use a new section and bridge over the Tully River now and the new bridge at Gordonvale is going up fast.

Another part of the Bruce Hwy that needs work is around the hilly Gin Gin area, you get some overtaking lanes but everytime I found one I had to stop to let a wide load heading north by. Very annoying but safer I guess.

You can see why everyone speeds up when they get to the motorway

Then they come to a stop near Caboolture with all the roadworks there?
Are they still going on?
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #20
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's highly irrational Daymoe.

An old friend of mine (deceased), his great grandmother was still driving safely at 96. She eventually stopped driving because some young tool ran into her.

As a driver, it is your responsibility to ensure that not only you do the right thing and handle your car properly, but that in all possible situations, you account for the mistakes of others to avoid an accident.

Although people over 65 are involved in more accidents, they aren't fatal (as often, as the cause), and more important, they don't kill anybody else (as often).

Males 18-24 are involved in the most deaths.
I think it almost makes far more sense to strip all within this demographic of their licenses; not because their death particular matters, but to ensure they don't kill somebody else which unfortunately happens all too often.

Of course, that statement is just crap, but it goes to show that your suggestion is practically not possible, nor is it fair.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #21
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Ding ding! Here comes the old people brigade! Where did I say that I was the better driver than all the oldies?

Quote:
Lol, reminds me of the 4 deaths we had around my area recently, first off, all caused by driver stupidity.

A stupid old woman, driving a toyota corolla tried to overtake and sideswiped the car in front she was trying to overtake, spun the other car around and had a head on with another, they all died. Then the very next week, overtaking in the same spot there was an accident. The news papers were filled with people going "That road needs to be widened and fixed blah blah"... The roads perfectly fine, PEOPLE JUST NEED TO LEARN THE DAMN ROAD RULES AND LEARN HOW TO DRIVE!

I mentioned that the road being perfectly fine and that people need to learn the road rules/learn how to drive. No where in there does it say I'm the super hero elite driver that you thought I did?

You old people thing you're gods gift to society, the reality is that you're a bunch of useless redundant people leeching off the government to keep you alive. What benefit do you have to society, besides keeping some nurses and other people in medical services in jobs? You can about us in experienced drivers all you like, I can easily fight back about some of the old drivers you see getting around. Heh, don't forget you were once a P plater too.

Keep the $10,000 for your retirement if you already haven't retired, you'll need it once you're on a nice lowly $14,000 a year (Or $23,000 if you're married!) struggling to buy food to survive ;)

P.S - Its "Playstation", not "play station". Being the all old experienced person you are, you should know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgs351
Its not what you know, its who you know, buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
That's a big call from someone with how much driving experience ?

Post history says you are doing VCE next year, do you even have a licence yet ?
Starting year 12 next year, been on the road for just over 1 year (Nothing compared to most/all) but I know my local roads better than all you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
The you can come back on here and winge and moan about how unfair it is when you turn 65..
Haha, going by whats happening now, the internet would most likely be censored, so I wouldn't be able to to anyone, besides the 4 walls of my nursing home/house.

Yep, flame me all you like but you ain't changing my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.

Last edited by Daymoe; 14-12-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #22
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

you got balls and no brains by the sound of it .i suggest you rethink your attitude .
Old 15-12-2008, 01:03 AM   #23
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastel
Swordsman have you driven Cairns to Townsville lately?

They have fixed the problem by having almost continuous roadworks all the way down, most of it is 80kmh. They should have signs saying "NO ROAD WORKS NEXT 5 KM". 5 to 6 hours is the norm for a trip these days, with stop/go men, detours, caravans, trucks etc and the speed cameras love all the roadworks too.

When they finish the (cough) floodproofing of the road, it will no doubt be a major improvement but I bet it won't be a 110kmh limit either.
You can use a new section and bridge over the Tully River now and the new bridge at Gordonvale is going up fast.

Another part of the Bruce Hwy that needs work is around the hilly Gin Gin area, you get some overtaking lanes but everytime I found one I had to stop to let a wide load heading north by. Very annoying but safer I guess.

You can see why everyone speeds up when they get to the motorway

Then they come to a stop near Caboolture with all the roadworks there?
Are they still going on?
Hey Jastel, i see you are a regular of the FNQ roads!!! Yes i was aware of the upgrades on the Cairns-Townsville highway. THis makes sense as it was the most disgraceful of all the national highway in australia in a survey not long ago. I haven't travelled since all that started (beena while) but my sister recently did so i will ask her - i will be up that way for holidays in a week or so. 5-6 hours Cairns-Townsville is a bit long, i used to do it in 3.5 hours on a bad day

The 'floodproofing' at tully is such a joke, it is so overdue!!! They should never have built the road where they did anyway, and certainly not leave it for so long. It was a metre above a floodplain in some parts, that is just stupid in one of the wettest parts of australia. I am quite familiar with the gordonvale bridge upgrade though, heard about that already, damn they made it a bit high didn't they?? Water never got that high, must of just been easier to build it that way.

I'm all for spending money where it is needed for population growth etc. (SE qld has some major traffic flow problems) but enough is enough. The national highway needs to be of decent quality to support proper highway speeds, otherwise it will take an eon to get anywhere and it not safe RE fatigue etc. I think if they upgrade all the highway to properly support 100-110km/h and make most of the current 110km/h sections (moranbah etc.) 120-130 it is the way to go. Some of that stuff is just boring as hell, but very straight and wide, with little traffic, and so fatigue becomes a major factor. I'll see how rubbish it is up that way next week LOL!

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #24
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
You old people thing you're gods gift to society, the reality is that you're a bunch of useless redundant people leeching off the government to keep you alive. What benefit do you have to society, besides keeping some nurses and other people in medical services in jobs? You can about us in experienced drivers all you like, I can easily fight back about some of the old drivers you see getting around. Heh, don't forget you were once a P plater too.
You need a little more practice on how to flame successfully, but you are young, that's your fault, there's so much you have know.

Truth is that us oldies think young people are God's gift, that's why we resist the nanny state from taking away your freedoms of youth that we enjoyed. By the time you're in your twenties and thirties you will no doubt be a very sobre person who thinks there should be more controls, but fortunately there will always be an over fifties crowd who have got over themselves to balance things up.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 11:11 AM   #25
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ding ding! Here comes the old people brigade! Where did I say that I was the better driver than all the oldies?
**EDITED** With any luck his parents will ground him
and he'll have to play his Play Station instaed of comin on here and maybe learning something
from all us OLDER AND WISER people.

Quote:
You old people thing you're gods gift to society, the reality is that you're a bunch of useless redundant people leeching off the government to keep you alive.
Hey jerk the elderly paid taxes for yrs millions of dollars worth so they deserve every bloody cent they get.
Oh and might I ad ya parents prob got family assistance at some point
in your life to help feed you and keep you alive you ungrateful germ.
Where did that money come from......the elderlies taxes.

Quote:
Keep the $10,000 for your retirement if you already haven't retired, you'll need it once you're on a nice lowly $14,000 a year (Or $23,000 if you're married!) struggling to buy food to survive
There is this wonderful thing called superanuation but as a CHILD you wouldn't know what that is.

Last edited by RG; 15-12-2008 at 11:26 AM.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #26
2fishingdogs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The captian Bligh ship will lower the speed and then double the speed cameras along that stretch so to raise the funds for the dam, Or someother stupid thing, other than fixing what needs to be fix.
Daymoe, Heavens for bid that you financial assistance from the government in the future. Yes the older generation gets help but 40 years ago there was no super, cost of living was a lot lower. And they had there wages drained with taxes. Do you get Austudy or similair payments? Will you get a job straight away when you finish school or need the dole? Will you go Uni and need to use the Hecs scheme if so you are you leeching off the government to keep you alive.
Sorry to everyone else for getting of topic

2004 BA MKI Tradesman Ute 1 tonner in Vibe
Tinted windows, Alloy scuff plates.
The rest is still stock as a rock
www.bseries.com.au/2fishingdogs

2fishingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #27
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Daymoe, you are a clown. I'm not old but I am grumpy.

Enough of that, let's get back on topic from here on in.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #28
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
but you are young, that's your fault, there's so much you have know.
i take it you are old but happy
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #29
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Well the nutcases have done it again. The stretch of the Bruce Highway (1) between Cooroy and Curra has been the site of several bad accidents in the last few years. Anyone who travels on this road can tell you why. It goes from a 110km/h 4 lane freeway to a single lane windy goat track with very few overtaking areas.

The nett result is that the constant stream of non country drivers tend to panic, drive slow and cause huge delays, except of course on the overtakng areas where they speed up because it is nice safe dual lane like they are used to preventing overtaking then of course they slow down again.
No argument here, simply quoting for truth.

It's the impatient dumbarses who cause most of the crashes, followed by people who don't look both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RGE
Indeed its typical, they did the same on a stretch of the motorway infront of the ettamogah pub, instead of fixing a dangerous entry onto the highway, they lowered the limit, so people can crash at a lower speed

i frigging hate band aid fixes!
That's something else that needs to be fixed ASAP too. It's so dangerous coming out of there, I remember watching you once do it and it scared the bejeesus outta me.

They'll have to fix that quick especially when Wet and Wild Aussie World goes in there.
Old 15-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #30
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid little child
So as you sit there typing on a computer invented by old people, over the internet invented by old people on your holiday from school that is paid for by old people so you can talk about cars invented and designed by old people driving on roads paid for and built by old people you are so arrogant, naive and ignorant that you cannot see what a fool you are making of yourself.

You have no concept of almost anything let alone history because if you did you would be aware that there were no P plates in QLD up until about a year ago so a large percentage of members here were never P platers.

Maybe next year when you go back to school you may learn a bit more from old people and realise what a clown you really are.

Being young is mandatory, being young and ignorant is optional.