Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 26-08-2020, 07:16 AM   #5731
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

A metre from his house putting bins out and VIC Police are all over him

'State of emergency/disaster' can GAGF
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 07:48 AM   #5732
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

How is the form of the 7 people taking a yacht from Melbourne to Cooma! Apparently now all in 14 days of self paid isolation...freaking seriously.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
This user likes this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 08:08 AM   #5733
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
A man was seen walking around the streets, past 8pm, no bin in hand, and the police are somehow magically supposed to know what he was doing? Did he actually cop a fine or just get questioned?

Where in the legislation does it say it gives "unlimited power" as claimed in the video? Avi, I used to enjoy his videos but he is fast going down the path of Alex Jones and David Icke. 500k subscribers, jeepers, but then again Alex had 10m before being arrested.

I believe I heard on ABC that the proposed change in Victoria will "bring it in line" with the rest of other states. So other states already have the power to extend INDEFINITELY? Looks like there is no escaping authoritarian regimes that is everywhere.

Took the dog to a park 5km from home yesterday. Right on the absolute edge. Copper pulls up, obviously doing a number plate check....drives away, no hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poyal
How is the form of the 7 people taking a yacht from Melbourne to Cooma! Apparently now all in 14 days of self paid isolation...freaking seriously.
Silly to have flaunt it so close to shore Curious to know who dobbed them in. Chan 9 did the segment, but they must have received a tip off.
4 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 08:45 AM   #5734
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Well, they somehow got out of Victoria and QLD approved their permit.

It shows you how lame the state govenments are, even QLD's backflip on the permit, why approve it in the first place if you're going to crumble under media pressure?
Old 26-08-2020, 09:16 AM   #5735
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I never even knew that there was a harbour at Cooma...
5 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 10:02 AM   #5736
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8 View Post
I never even knew that there was a harbour at Cooma...
Well, the Cooma Creek does run through town. Not sure how navigable that would be for a yacht though. Or even a dinghy, for that matter

Guessing it was supposed to be Noosa.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 26-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #5737
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

The Lady Pamela is berthed at the Gold Coast City Marina in Coomera

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 26-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #5738
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:

It shows you how lame the state govenments are, even QLD's backflip on the permit, why approve it in the first place if you're going to crumble under media pressure?
The permits are issued based on information provided by the applicant, in this case that the vessel was manned by working crew members taking it to be serviced, which was obviously incorrect. So Govco has repealed the permit in light of the new information provided by the media.
I don’t see that as being lame.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
5 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 10:46 AM   #5739
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:

yeah..that is a bit sick. It would be correct to say the cops cant handle those powers.
Old 26-08-2020, 10:50 AM   #5740
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:

It shows you how lame the state governments are, even QLD's backflip on the permit, why approve it in the first place if you're going to crumble under media pressure?
Because it appears the 'applicant' for the permit was not entirely upfront with information on the Exemption Application...

Quote:
Queensland Police had been provided with video evidence by A Current Affair, which revealed passengers and crew disembarking from the Lady Pamela in Yamba on August 21, which is understood to have breached the conditions of their exemption.
Quote:
A source with knowledge of the situation said the exemption was obtained using incomplete information.
Hence why the QLD rozzers are involved....

https://www.smh.com.au/national/hote...25-p55p5v.html

......also as per Cap'n Stubing's post above....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe

Last edited by DJR-351; 26-08-2020 at 11:03 AM.
Old 26-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #5741
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

137 new cases for Australia and 8 deaths sees the CMR rise to 2.096% and active rise again to 4,926. NSW recorded 3 cases with the balance in Victoria.

7 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.292% and active cases rise to 127.

The UK had 1,184 new cases and (supposedly) 16 deaths yesterday for a CMR of 12.645% although we know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines.

Just over 41k new cases in the USA yesterday and 510 deaths sees CMR fall to 3.062% and active cases drop to 42.5% with the raw numbers dropping slightly. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 24M, the last 1M in 4 days which is a slight improvement;
The USA completes74M and Peru 3M tests;
North America passes 7M cases;

Tunisia (176) is the only country to record a new daily high; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #5742
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
The Lady Pamela is berthed at the Gold Coast City Marina in Coomera
If they had of Gone direct from Melb to the Gold coast It would've OK (I think) But the fact that, they made several Pitstops at N.S.W. (a Covid hotspot) ports on the way Up. is why they got into Trouble.. Or at least that's how i read It..

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/nati...ption-revoked/
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 12:19 PM   #5743
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
If they had of Gone direct from Melb to the Gold coast It would've OK (I think) But the fact that, they made several Pitstops at N.S.W. (a Covid hotspot) ports on the way Up. is why they got into Trouble.. Or at least that's how i read It..

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/nati...ption-revoked/
That's right, they would have met the 14 day isolation period while on passage from Melbourne if they had not made any port calls, no doubt this was one of the requirements laid down by Maritime Safety Queensland (MSQ) in the exemption....

2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 12:53 PM   #5744
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
That's right, they would have met the 14 day isolation period while on passage from Melbourne if they had not made any port calls, no doubt this was one of the requirements laid down by Maritime Safety Queensland (MSQ) in the exemption....
It seems as the boat needed servicing in Qld (really?) it was granted exemptions along with it's crew.

All 7 people on board were listed as crew.
Old 26-08-2020, 01:21 PM   #5745
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The topic of State of Emergency came up at work as we try to plan ahead. As I thought, other states are currently in a State of Emergency, and some as a result of multiple extensions already applied. Interestingly, the states and territory that have handled it the best (WA, SA, TAS, NT) are all still under SOE.

I can't work out if NSW and QLD are still under SOE. I think QLD expired a few days ago.

So if you are one of these people having a panic attack over the proposal, stop listening to nonsense and look at the rest of Australia. They are not being locked up and oppressed with "limitless powers" even through SOE is enforced. The only difference between other states and what Victoria is asking for is the time frame. Most seem to be renewed on a 3 monthly basis. Sounds fair. 12 months seemed excessive. Heard Dan saying he might now consider 4 weekly extensions.

WA
https://www.wa.gov.au/government/doc...y-declarations

SA
https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/emerg...cy-declaration

NT
https://justiceconnect.org.au/resour...covid-19-work/

TAS
https://coronavirus.tas.gov.au/media...tion-extended2
3 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 02:03 PM   #5746
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
It seems as the boat needed servicing in Qld (really?) it was granted exemptions along with it's crew.

All 7 people on board were listed as crew.
Heard that but haven't actually seen anything that confirms it yet, all I’ve actually seen is reports like in the link hayseed posted above...

Quote:
Earlier on Tuesday, Dr Young said the family had been granted a travel exemption to enter Queensland, but by Tuesday night it had been revoked.
And In in the SMH report it mentions several passengers and crew and then The group, which also includes several crew members...

Quote:
Queensland Police had been provided with video evidence by A Current Affair, which revealed passengers and crew disembarking from the Lady Pamela in Yamba on August 21, which is understood to have breached the conditions of their exemption.

The group, which also includes several crew members, were removed from the Lady Pamela by members of Queensland Police just before 7pm on Tuesday evening, before they boarded a mini-van.
....the reporting seems to be giving a distinction between passengers and crew, but if it is found that individuals have been illegally signed on as crew then there's a good chance, depending on the class and registration of the vessel, that the Master will be saying goodbye to his career as his ticket will be revoked quick smart....

Edit: There is a huge Superyacht servicing industry at Coomera that attracts vessel internationally as well as local so they could have used that ruse.....

Last edited by DJR-351; 26-08-2020 at 02:10 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 02:09 PM   #5747
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I have a feeling someone’s got a beef with the Foxes. After all, they (media) went Fox Jr last week or so, and this time it’s the granddaughter on board the Lady Godiva Pamela.
Old 26-08-2020, 02:11 PM   #5748
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Heard that but haven't actually seen anything that confirms it yet, all I’ve actually seen is reports like in the link hayseed posted above...
Just another link

From the article....

"It comes as police launch a criminal investigation into a millionaire family from Melbourne who escaped Victoria's strict lockdown on their superyacht and travelled to the Gold Coast,
claiming they were crew and the vessel – the Lady Pamela - needed essential maintenance."

https://www.9news.com.au/national/cr...3-e3f243d14a38
Old 26-08-2020, 02:27 PM   #5749
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Rules for thee, but not for me.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 02:30 PM   #5750
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Just another link

From the article....

"It comes as police launch a criminal investigation into a millionaire family from Melbourne who escaped Victoria's strict lockdown on their superyacht and travelled to the Gold Coast,
claiming they were crew and the vessel – the Lady Pamela - needed essential maintenance."

That must the one, my brother was telling me about earlier

I would like to know what the "conflicting information" is though, i guess we will find out eventually....

Quote:
"Given the conflicting information about whether they were crew, or not crew, where they'd been, I just removed the exemption, and asked all of them to go into hotel quarantine until it all can be worked through," Dr Young said.

Old 26-08-2020, 02:35 PM   #5751
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Just another link

From the article....

To be fair, I once drove an unregistered classic car from Melbourne to Hobart under the VIC permit, no one battered an eyelid.

Wasn't a global pandemic though.

Nice tinny they have.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 26-08-2020, 02:38 PM   #5752
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
That must the one, my brother was telling me about earlier

I would like to know what the "conflicting information" is though, i guess we will find out eventually....
All this talk of sailing got me thinking it might be time for a re launch.
Anyone fancy a sail up the Eastcoast from Victoria.

2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 02:48 PM   #5753
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
All this talk of sailing got me thinking it might be time for a re launch.
Anyone fancy a sail up the Eastcoast from Victoria.
I think after these last two episodes the Queensland Navy will be at DEFCON 2

Old 26-08-2020, 02:49 PM   #5754
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The failboat has arrived.

(Always wanted to type that)
Old 26-08-2020, 02:57 PM   #5755
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
I think after these last two episodes the Queensland Navy will be at DEFCON 2
Just thinking, didn't they travel outside into International waters, hence maybe why they conveniently called in at Yamba (an Australian Custom port) then into QLD to be cleared by customs.

You reckon the Redland Bay ferry might be a new QLD navy gunboat.

2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 02:58 PM   #5756
.:4:.
Kicking back

Hmmmm, taking the boat for a few thousand kay cruise for nessisary repairs, jump in family¿ If it was that nessisary the boat would not have made it that far. My view is its the entitled persons thinking they are above everyone else.
5 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 03:01 PM   #5757
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One further point - to fly the red duster (Red Ensign) don't you have to have a captain who has a Merchant Navy rank? Is that a thing of the past now, or did they hire a qualified skipper?

**The family should have just formed a sports team and bailed.
Old 26-08-2020, 03:02 PM   #5758
roKWiz
Cabover nut

I have a route marked out, Franco, you want in. No geriatric prossy's.

Old 26-08-2020, 03:14 PM   #5759
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Under the Flags Act 1953 (where the Blue Ensign is nominated as the Australian National Flag), the AU Red Ensign is the official flag to be flown at sea by Australian registered merchant ships so I believe it is linked to the vessel and not the skipper.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2020, 03:18 PM   #5760
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's no way I am ever going into aged-care, or even "retirement living."
As my Dad said "last thing I want when I'm old, is to live with a bunch of old people."

If I can't afford anything better, I'll buy some cheap land in the bush and live in a shed.
And if one day I fall down and can't get up, then at least I'll go out looking at Blue Sky and stars.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread