Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 19-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Heated Barry Grant carb discussion-Mopar Market

This ones getting interesting........."Warning! Barry Grant carbs are made-in-America crap!"

http://www.moparmarketforum.com/foru...p?f=56&t=16478

Old 19-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
1970galaxie
Fat 460

Highly entertaining.
Read the lot so far........
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
Old 20-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

Well i must add ,i had similar issues with BG carb and a NEW BG regulator that failed after 15 mins use. From 460ford.com i made my issues known and TECH@BG offered to rectify my issues. Unfortunately i sold the carb off for next to nothing but still had the regulator
I got the same thing about slanderous statments against BG etc,so i told him to rectify my opinion of BG he could sort out the reg for me . Not a big deal but still good $$$ i had spent on a part that didn't work.
On his offer i sent it direct to him in the U.S, it came back to me reconditioned and flow certificates etc all for "NO CHARGE"

The TECH@BG guy is genuine as i found out. He openly aknowledged that BG had issues in the past and it is his job now trying to rectify the company.

A lot of guys seem to have good luck with BG stuff , i didn't :( but anyway give him a go ... Can't blame him for trying which in that post he is ..
Old 20-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

I reckon the members over there are being a bit unfair, actually - The tech dude has admitted quality control issues and is busting his butt to assist, and all they're doing is continuing to abuse him.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
Old 20-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the thread starter should learn to relax as well as a few others, yes it would be frustrating to have that problem but jeez all types of new products will have some bad sheep mixed in here and there that's how it is. He raves on like BG broke into his house and knocked off his TV and DVD player. If BG wasnt interested in helping ok go crazy on the forum, how about trying to get the issue sorted before running the mouth?
Old 20-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl
I think the thread starter should learn to relax as well as a few others, yes it would be frustrating to have that problem but jeez all types of new products will have some bad sheep mixed in here and there that's how it is. He raves on like BG broke into his house and knocked off his TV and DVD player. If BG wasnt interested in helping ok go crazy on the forum, how about trying to get the issue sorted before running the mouth?
...what he said...

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
Old 20-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #7
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl
If people did that most forums would only have 10% of the post counts they do.....

Old 20-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #8
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
If people did that most forums would only have 10% of the post counts they do.....
Spot on !

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
Old 20-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #9
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wont touch a Barry Grant in all honesty, i have seen hassles first hand, they can work but I will go for something a little bit more tried and trusted...

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
Old 21-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #10
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

I contacted the tech at BG after reading all that. I was surprised that there was still a chip problem with the carbs after 3 or 4 years. I wrote a letter with proper candor and maturity so that he would realize I was looking for real answers and not on a witch hunt. I also told him that I have worked in both fields, machining and assembly line, so I am familiar with both situations.

I got a rather lengthy reply with many details of the issues they've delt with and the steps, sometimes numerous, that they have taken to improve quality control and make sure a better product was going out the door. Also, it seems that they are prepared to make right on any problem that anyone may have with their product. Just send it in before the customer tries to fix it themselves.

They also seem to suffer from some older stock that is still sitting on distributors shelves that continue some of the same old problems.

After the considerate reply I got and reading of the steps they have taken and how they continue to find better ways to improve quality I believe I would buy one of their carbs as long as I knew I was getting a more recent carb. The Road Demon on my wife's 331 stroker has throttle response that cannot be beat. I love that carb and would like the same performance from the 351C I am going to build.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Old 21-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #11
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Most posts are accumulated from constant rantings over not using the search function. And other pointless rantings such as the post I'm quoting now and the post I'm typing now.
Old 21-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #12
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Said pointless posts also lead to thread closure.
Closed Thread