Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 13-12-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
country focus
Country Focus

Default 2014 LW Focus Dust and Dirt

I have a new Focus Trend hatch and when it rains or I drive on a dirt road the back window and the rear hatch and bumper get covered in dust or worse still all the crap off the wet road. It means a wash every time I drive on either. Any simple answers to this problem. I am going to contact Ford about it as well.

country focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #2
zlcrazy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2014 LW Focus Dust and Dirt

Most hatch backs, wagons, SUVs etc do it.

Its because of the design, an the "vacuum tunnel" they create behind them. My Escape is real bad for it. Territorys are too but they have a dust deflector available as on option at least. It looks like a bonnet protect that sits on top of the tailgate slightly higher than the roof line. It creates a wind flow that pushes dust off the tailgate glass. I used to work in Ford Spare Parts/Accessories and sold heaps of them. Customers who wanted them thought it wouldnt work but i got regular feedback with 100% positive response.

Unfortunately such item isn't available for the Focus.

[B]2000 AU2 Fairmont Wagon - Congo Green
Factory Smart Bullbar, Hayman Reese Heavy Duty 2300kg Towpack and Front and Rear Mudflaps.
zlcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-12-2014, 11:43 PM   #3
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Contact Ford, really wtf are they going to do. You bought the car and feel the need to complain about something so minor. I get dirt on my car, might call ford....
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2014, 08:14 AM   #4
country focus
Country Focus

I don't think it's minor,my previous LT was great,just think that a new model would not be a backward step,living in the country makes it worse as the roads around where I live are far from perfect and like I said all the crap ends up on the rear glass and bodywork
country focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #5
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I had an LV XR5 turbo and my LW ST is no different in regards to the dirty rear.
It is a minor issue, Ford will laugh at you for complaining about this and so they should IMO.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2014, 11:17 AM   #6
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

I think it's about time Ford got their act together and created the self cleaning car They'll want to hurry up though or Holden will beat them to it
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #7
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wouldn't bother contacting Ford. Like really... what are they going to do about it? Redesign the whole car?
Old 14-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #8
bugmesome
Banned

I suspect this is just the modern world where cars are being designed for more aerodynamics to get better fuel efficiency. They cut through the air smoother, create less of a dust plume behind them... but more of that dust ends up on the bodywork...
bugmesome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2014, 01:41 PM   #9
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

My Focus and Fiesta have the same problem, I think its just the way the airflow is over hatchbacks, if you take them down dirt roads the hatch and inside the sills up to the rubber seals get covered in dust.

Thats how you can tell a country car, the outside is shiny but up to the rubber seals is caked in dust
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post