Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-10-2005, 12:47 AM   #1
It'sAWhat?
Starter Motor

Default Focus ZX5

Hello all. I have no real interest in cars and no nothing about them, but have been looking around as I am buying my first one.

Nothing has really interested me except for this car (Focus ZX5) which I saw on an old Alias episode. It was a cheesy product placement but that worked out good for me otherwise I wouldn't have any idea what car it was.

It's a really cool car and I'd like to get one but after looking at the Ford website they aren't listed, so I guess it's an overseas model? :(

Is there anyway to get one? Are there any aussie Focus' which are very similar to this one?

It'sAWhat? is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 01:00 AM   #2
RiC
Starter Motor

From what i know a Focus ZX5 is the american version of a aussie 5 door Focus Zetec
RiC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 07:12 AM   #3
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Correct!

ZX3 = 3 door Zetec
ZX5 = 5 door Zetec
SVT = ST170

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 05:44 PM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

What they said... it's a 5 door Zetec of the older model.
Old 17-10-2005, 06:55 PM   #5
It'sAWhat?
Starter Motor

Thanks everyone. Cool, so I guess I will be able to get one.

I don't think I'll be buying new, probably second hand. The episode I saw was from 2003 I believe (actually may have even been 2002?) and that model looked great. Is there much difference between the 2002-2005 models?

Last edited by It'sAWhat?; 17-10-2005 at 06:57 PM. Reason: changed years
It'sAWhat? is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

2002 to 2005 models are all the same, they were never updated or changed officially.