Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 12-12-2007, 07:47 PM   #1
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Default NSW Christmas Dinner - Spur of the moment & Get Involved!!!

Ok guys, we're in a bit of dire straits with the EFC at the moment, what with the forums being hacked by some turkeys recently, no Euro Matters magazines since June or so, and now, we're looking at no Christmas Dinner for 2007!

So come on, let's plan something really quick, and get at least some people along to cap off the year that was. I don't think we've had a year so far where there hasn't been a Christmas dinner to get everyone together and catch up before the year ends.

Now, I know this was tried before, and somehow no one was too interested, so let's keep it simple, and local and let the ideas fly.

Hogs Breath has been done a fair bit in recent times, so maybe we need some variety? There's some good restaurants on the Church St strip at Parramatta.

There's trusty Lonestar's all over (like Hogs Breaths), maybe a Black Stump.

Vaby's at Penrith, Chilli's at Penrith/Wentworthville.

Panarotti's are about too for those who want something more Italian.

GPK Pizza place at Castle Hill. (Hogs breath too :P)

Ok, that's just to name a few and get the ball rolling. I'm thinking the Parramatta/Castle Hill area is kinda central for most Sydney-siders? I dunno, lend us your thoughts and let's make this happen... probably in the next week or so?

Dan

Old 12-12-2007, 08:14 PM   #2
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Black Stump are in liquidation.

I vote for Hogs breath
Old 12-12-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I was thinking concidering the Bathurst cruise went all pearshaped, lets just cover our own (EFC + XR4's).

Meet at thornleigh maccas at 10:30, take old pac to La Porchetta in Gosford, chill there for a bit then maybe head to The Entrance or have a run back through Kuringi national park??

I vote La Porchetta
Old 12-12-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
BlackLS
yum

Cronulla Hogs Breath then night run through the Natio, regroup at Stanwell Tops, down to the lighthouse to talk more sh.te

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2007, 12:11 AM   #5
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
I was thinking concidering the Bathurst cruise went all pearshaped, lets just cover our own (EFC + XR4's).

Meet at thornleigh maccas at 10:30, take old pac to La Porchetta in Gosford, chill there for a bit then maybe head to The Entrance or have a run back through Kuringi national park??

I vote La Porchetta
Have discussed this plan with Damo and Tim and we were in agreement this sounded like a good idea.

Are there any others interested in this? If not, with the limited time we have left, we'll just end up throwing more ideas around and not settling on one.

Dan
Old 13-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #6
BlackLS
yum

Sounds like the go.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #7
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Along with Eurofordclub.com + fordfiestaxr4.com we will make it a End of Year Mingle/Cruise.

Date: 16 December 2007

Meet Point + Time: 10am @ Thornliegh Maccas off, depart at 10:30am

Destination: Gosford - La Porchetta for Lunch via Old Pacific Hwy then after maybe The Entrace for some icecream and piccies

What to bring: Yourself, automobile, lunch or $$$ for lunch, camera, full tank of petrol Sunnies, esky

http://www.laporchetta.com.au/home/
Old 15-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #8
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

I'm in. More than likely + 1. Should be fun.

Dan
Old 15-12-2007, 02:24 PM   #9
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

So Tomorrow's Cruise to Bathurst/Oberon has been cancelled and replaced with this Event?? That's o.k. as I'm not fussed either way. Count me in.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2007, 11:14 PM   #10
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I'm in, although Erin won't be able to make it. I won't be cruising from Sydney though, I'll have to meet you guys in Gosford as I'll be starting from Newy. Any idea what time you expect to be in Gosford? I'd guess maybe close to 12.

Looking forward to it guys, will be every bit as fun as the previous years.

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 01:02 AM   #11
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm back

A thunder struck near my house stuffed up my PC (power supply & network cards), modem, phone line, and air con. I was without internet for 1.5 week or so. Then Damo suggested me to try n use my old modem to see if it'd work or not.

... and it works

In regards to the end of year dinner, I think it'd be easy to get people to confirm if we have the dinner at a place with easy & safe parking. Eg: Hogs Breath at north parramatta has plenty of parking in its complex. Also something like La Porchetta at Gosford etc.

Another idea is maybe hang out at someone's house watching Top Gear or any other car related DVDs... (anyone here have mad home entertainment system?)
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 11:12 AM   #12
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

It's on today Ives, so if you haven't already start heading up to Gosford :p

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #13
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

:( ohhhh..

See.. that's what happens when I'm dun have internet for nearly 2 weeks straight. LOL I just dunno what the hell is going on.
Old 16-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #14
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Was fun guys... hope Wisemans Ferry Rd was good for the Fiesta peeps...

On our way back I lost Eddie, I think at the first set of lights?! Decent run down the F3... got near home and a fire truck was attending rescue at a nearby major roundabout where a Suzuki jeep thing had rolled on it's side.

Only got 4 photos in total! But dayem that Mixed Grill was tops!

Also noticed a guy who parked up his bogan wagon next to met at the Domayne/La Porchetta carpark did a full circle gaze and peek at my car...

Dan
Old 16-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #15
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I've just arrived back from the Cruise. Thanks to Damo for organising it and the lunch venue was really good. In the long run it was worth coming back via Wiseman's Ferry. Really enjoyed the run except for the Horse Truck that was on the Ferry ahead of me. Needless to say I was stuck behind it from my turn-off to home for a long time. I got past him eventually but the other 25 cars behind him didn't!!

Tim, thanks for coming down to have lunch with us. It's been ages so it was good to see you! The Yellow Focus has already taken pride of place amongst my other Focus crap. Now if I can only get a replica of that MASSIVE wing for my Focus, I'll be set.

Dan, I had some "Barry The Cougar" thingo that I forgot to give you. Stupid me! But I'm still trying to get a hold of some more "Barry" stuff. I'll see if I can organise to post it to you asap.

Eddie.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 11:25 PM   #16
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh the cruise was good. It'd be better if some of us weren't held back by some bikers n other cars on Old Pac. also, it'd be better if wisemans ferry was dry. But all in all I had fun. I'm always up for a drive.

La Porchetta was good. I had a bit too much food though...

Highlight would be lunch & wisemans ferry... it was nice to put the car to its pace in the wet. Understeered a bit in one of the first corners ... learned my lesson.... and was fine for the rest of wisemans ferry.
I highly recommend Potenza RE001 to anyone :P They're just brilliant.

Anyways... bathurst cruise will eventually happen sooner or later.

EDIT - oh and... Dan, the new rims actually looks good in person....the Cougar looks really good.