Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-07-2005, 07:16 PM   #31
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Is the Blueprint in the Focus the same as it was on the AUIII/BA?
Old 19-07-2005, 08:16 PM   #32
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

No...

Its a flat Blue like the LR Focus!

Jason if you are looking to test drive one I know a dealer who has 2 demos on the lot registered ready to drive... Only CLs but one in auto and one in manual! :Up_to_som

Ours didn't arrive today but hopefully tomorrow.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 08:32 PM   #33
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStar71
Shockwave as soon as you get your Black Focus can you please post some pics as I have yet to see a good photo of one. I have ordered a Black Zetec Mk2 and haven't even had a test drive yet! I sat in the silver Ford Promo Zetec that is up here in Brissy for the newspapers to review and that was enough to sell me a Focus. I really want to see how well the colour looks and how well it hides the fact that it is a 4 door.
They are telling me that mine will be there in a few weeks as they have one on order in their allotment. Apparently even the Fiesta has a three month wait as well if you order a custom one!
Cheers

Jason
Black Zetec (Euro one though)

They look the goods in black, quite partial to Colorado Red too

MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 10:52 PM   #34
RedStar71

Damn! Does look good in black!
Thanks Sam!
Shockwave hope you get yours soon. I am going back to my dealership tomorrow to take my brother for a look at the Zetec I'll ask them if I can drive one of the LX's they have on the lot I think it was a manual (but it is a sedan).
Cheers

Jason
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 11:00 PM   #35
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStar71
Damn! Does look good in black!
Thanks Sam!
Shockwave hope you get yours soon. I am going back to my dealership tomorrow to take my brother for a look at the Zetec I'll ask them if I can drive one of the LX's they have on the lot I think it was a manual (but it is a sedan).
Cheers

Jason
What trade in price are you getting on the Fiesta?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 11:00 AM   #36
losfp

My crazy Focus saga continues! Yesterday, I did my daily check at the dealers, but still no ETA on my CL sedan (ordered 9th July). My contact at the dealer suggests she have another look at what's available, to see if she can get me anything else within my specs. By this time, I'd gotten a bit sick of waiting, so I said sure, look for anything in a CL, LX, sedan, hatch, any dark colour. I'd originally preferred the sedan, but the look of the hatch has grown on me the last few weeks, so I wouldn't mind either.

Later on that afternoon, she emails back - they found an auto LX hatch in the colour I wanted (Ti Grey), with an ETA of 01/09. They offered $28.5k including the accessories I had in my previous order (floormats, mud spats, headlight protectors), which I figured was a pretty good deal!!

So in conclusion... It's not a sedan like I originally thought. It's coming later than I originally thought. And I'm paying a bit more than I originally thought. But yet, I'm a lot happier, just purely because I have a definite ETA!!

Fingers crossed that it's all smooth sailing from here.
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 12:43 PM   #37
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

How can the dealer have an ETA on a September car when your original order was an August??

I don't get it, comes back to my original thoughts that they never really had the car you wanted coming in the first place.

Dont put spats on it either mate, they absolutely look on the hatch especially!
Old 16-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #38
losfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
How can the dealer have an ETA on a September car when your original order was an August??

I don't get it, comes back to my original thoughts that they never really had the car you wanted coming in the first place.

Dont put spats on it either mate, they absolutely look on the hatch especially!
Well, that thought HAD crossed my mind ;), but I'm going to give em the benefit of the doubt. the 13 number couldn't tell me much about my order either, so I doubt the dealer could have told me very much more. I could think up conspiracy theories all day (and I almost drove myself nuts doing just that!!), but in the end, they had no reason to screw me around, they weren't getting my money until they delivered a car.

I actually don't mind the look of the mudspats To each their own I guess.
Old 16-08-2005, 02:10 PM   #39
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by losfp
...in the end, they had no reason to screw me around, they weren't getting my money until they delivered a car.
Well said, I know it's tough, but more people need to realise that!!! Not like they are putting you back 6 months so they can make money on their early cars until they've had their fun playing with you. They ALL want every single car as soon as possible, in a perfect worled they'd have more than they need probably just to keep up with demand!!!
Old 17-08-2005, 12:23 PM   #40
losfp

Okay, I've just faxed a letter through to my dealer to confirm the changes to the contract. I guess I'm officially waiting again Hooray.

I guess a late and slightly more expensive new Focus in the hand is worth two in a South African bush that never turn up. The only problem now is that my parents are looking to get a new Camry (to replace my dad's 1994 Falcon, he had it as a company car from his previous work). They will probably order in the next week, and STILL get theirs before me I tried to convince them not to, pointing out that it's an elderly Asian driver's vehicle.. Trouble is, that's what they are Ahhh, fun times, and new cars for all.

(Now watch as all the BTO CL Foci start shipping just as I sign the new contract for an LX!!!)

Last edited by losfp; 17-08-2005 at 12:31 PM.
Old 17-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #41
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Camry?!!!! DAAAAAAAAAMN you need to divorce your parents!!! Do they still have a heartbeat? Not even an Accord euro or something? ANYTHING's better than a Camry, damn I'd even own a Barina over a Camry.
Old 17-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #42
losfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Camry?!!!! DAAAAAAAAAMN you need to divorce your parents!!! Do they still have a heartbeat? Not even an Accord euro or something? ANYTHING's better than a Camry, damn I'd even own a Barina over a Camry.
I tried! I tried.... But to no avail.

Though I must admit, the value on that Camry they got a quote for is great! 2.4L, ABS, Cruise control.. for 24K+ Admittedly it is on salary sacrifice.

Was sitting down with the two brochures last night (my dad dropped the Camry bombshell on me when we visited them for dinner last night) and comparing stats. Interestingly the Focus has more head and legroom, but less shoulder room. It's also actually a bit wider! Though much shorter. 9.9L/100k compared to the Focus' 8.0... 125kw vs the Focus' 107, but pulling a heavier body around.

Oh, and also the Camry is a bloated slug of a car, and the Focus is not ;)
Old 17-08-2005, 05:05 PM   #43
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
The only problem now is that my parents are looking to get a new Camry (to replace my dad's 1994 Falcon, he had it as a company car from his previous work). They will probably order in the next week, and STILL get theirs before me I tried to convince them not to, pointing out that it's an elderly Asian driver's vehicle.. Trouble is, that's what they are Ahhh, fun times, and new cars for all.

lol...my Wife and I call Camry Drivers the "VOLVO REPLACEMENT DRIVERS of today"...ie they all suck and cant drive for their life...
Old 17-08-2005, 06:01 PM   #44
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Bloody Camry Drivers (TM)
Old 17-08-2005, 06:43 PM   #45
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

When replacing our troubled BA XR6, we looked at a Camry Sportivo as one of the potential replacements. Quiet, a little underpowered but not unbearable, well put together, fairly good chassis in Sportivo trim (no race car but who wants one for a family truck) and good on fuel... but had some features that left us walking away. The handbrake is in the passengers lap, and the pedals are spaced un-naturally - in an emergency, if you jumped on the brake, you feel like you'd miss it completely. In our opinion anyway.

We settled on the 180 odd kw V6 Honda Accord Luxury in the end, which has been a fantastic car.

Also, a stock (well hire car) Camry 4 cylinder auto is faster than you give it credit for, will stay neck and neck with a Focus Zetec, and despite some rather alarming bodyroll, can stay with Falcon XRs thru the corners. Of course I don't know this by trying it...

:monkes:

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 11:17 PM   #46
losfp

Quote:
Okay, I've just faxed a letter through to my dealer to confirm the changes to the contract. I guess I'm officially waiting again Hooray.
Woo. Hoo. The boat has docked

The end is finally in sight.. Come on you customs officers... Let my car through... It's harmless and good, honest....

Hopefully it'll only be another week or so more.. So if you have ordered a car that's due any minute now in Sydney.. Yours could be on this boat too.
Old 24-08-2005, 12:16 AM   #47
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good stuff.. Should receive the car by next Tuesday hopefully, in our case it was about a week from when the boat arrived, but could be different down ur way.

Exciting times ahead, just make sure you go over the car well before you sign the dotted line.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:19 PM   #48
losfp

Holy Hallelujah! The end is definitely in sight now. The car has arrived at the dealer and we are picking it up at 4:30 tomorrow afternoon.

For the first time in the last 8 1/2 weeks, I actually know exactly where my car is!!!!

24 hours, 10 minutes to go....
Old 05-09-2005, 07:26 PM   #49
focus_gal
Starter Motor

Oh Hooray! Your wait is finally over! As for mine I am told it is due to go to some mob called "Precar" (who put the compliance plates onto the car) on the 7th which means once it gets there the dealer can arrange to pick it up. If this works out as I hope then I just MIGHT be able to pick it up on Friday night/Saturday morning otherwise it will be next week.
focus_gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:18 PM   #50
owens

Quote:
Holy Hallelujah! The end is definitely in sight now. The car has arrived at the dealer and we are picking it up at 4:30 tomorrow afternoon.

For the first time in the last 8 1/2 weeks, I actually know exactly where my car is!!!!

24 hours, 10 minutes to go....
Great news mate! It'll be a looong 24 hours I hope you enjoy it.. actually, I KNOW you will enjoy it!

Show some pics when you get it mate
owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 11:37 PM   #51
losfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by owens

Show some pics when you get it mate

I can go one better - pics BEFORE we get it ;)

My fiancée stopped off on her way back from a conference today to have a look - she was able to take a couple of photos. It's a bit shabby at the moment, but still very cool to know that we're not far off having our new car

Some photos - http://thesystemisdown.com/gallery/t...s.php?album=14

I will update the gallery with more pics once we actually get the car of course!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 09:58 AM   #52
owens

Looks good. The colour is really nice. Enjoy driving it around tonight
owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #53
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Nice colour! I think ti is one of the nicest colours, sure does look good on Zetec and LX.... unsure about on a CL though

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post