Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-07-2005, 01:00 PM   #1
losfp

Default Well, I just bought a new car....

and yes, it is going to be a new Focus!

Thanks to all whose posts I've been reading on this forum, they did help in making the decision.

It's a good thing the dealer had a Focus in Blue Print, as we WERE considering that colour as a first choice. Not any more, it's too bright for our tastes...

We're getting: Focus CL Sedan, auto, safety pack, in Titanium Grey.

Now for the long, painful wait....

losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
matt99999999999

We too are waiting for our titanium grey Focus cl auto smooth pack , we havent seen any of the grey though. Have you got any pics or know were i can find some.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2005, 02:16 AM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

How long you have to wait??

19th of July here for a CL Auto.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2005, 10:21 AM   #4
losfp

They're gonna confirm with me on Monday/Tuesday, but the guy reckons 4-6 week wait :(

Hopefully that's just a conservative estimate, and there's a car to my exact specs heading here on a boat right now.... I'm not sure whether they would have many Auto CLs with safety packs coming out, or whether that would be a factory order job.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:22 AM   #5
losfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt99999999999
We too are waiting for our titanium grey Focus cl auto smooth pack , we havent seen any of the grey though. Have you got any pics or know were i can find some.
It's very very close to the Mazda Carbon Grey if you see any of those running around. I've seen two Focuseses in Ti Grey so far, both Zetecs (test drove one of them)
Old 10-07-2005, 01:01 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Its called Titanium Grey in the Mazda to, or atleast it was when we bought our last SP20...
Old 10-07-2005, 02:05 PM   #7
losfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Its called Titanium Grey in the Mazda to, or atleast it was when we bought our last SP20...
Not the ones I saw - the Mazda3 Ti Grey is more like a silver. Carbon grey is the darker one.
Old 13-07-2005, 11:00 AM   #8
matt99999999999

We have to wait until august, post some pics when you get yours i am really keen to have a look at a ti grey one.
Old 13-07-2005, 11:43 AM   #9
losfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt99999999999
We have to wait until august, post some pics when you get yours i am really keen to have a look at a ti grey one.
I think we might be waiting till August too :(

We wanted the CL with a safety pack, so not very likely that one would already be in Australia in that configuration, in the colour we wanted! I got a phone call on Monday telling me that we have an allocation, a car with a build date of 07/07... But they weren't able to tell me whether it's in the country, on a boat, clearing customs, or what. I'm going to assume the worst, that it's sitting in a paddock in South Africa, waiting to be loaded onto a ship. How long does it take for them to get here anyway?

Pirates better stay away from that ship.....
Old 13-07-2005, 01:13 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

07/07 will be still in South Africa...

Ours arrives on the 19/07 and its an 06/05 plate.
Old 13-07-2005, 01:35 PM   #11
losfp

Oh, fantastic. Late September it is then... D'oh!!!!!! Unless they somehow speed up the delivery process from here (first shipment was delayed for some reason I think?)

Each kilometre I travel in the old car will seem like a thousand.... ;)
Old 13-07-2005, 01:53 PM   #12
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No yours should arrive early August... say the 10 - 15th.
Old 13-07-2005, 02:09 PM   #13
losfp

That's not so bad. It fits into the 4-6 week estimate I was given when I ordered our car. Each kilometre will only seem like five hundred then ;)
Old 13-07-2005, 04:40 PM   #14
matt99999999999

Our dealer hasnt given us an exact date just told us first or second week in august. I hope it is not later than that I hate waiting. We cant complain though we are getting a great deal cl sedan, auto, smooth pack, rear spoiler, interior, paint and rust protection and tint $26,767
Old 13-07-2005, 06:17 PM   #15
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Just be patient with the Dealers guys, they are trying their hardest and don't have a lot of information from the plant in South Africa, congrats to all of you and trust me that they will get their hands on whatever they can ASAP.

They'll be in the dilemma where not every Dealer wants to let go of their stock units even if another dealer has a sale, because they know they'll be popular, so be patient, call them weekly (if they don't call you) and don't plan any holidays or life changing events around receiving your car because even once in the country, it may still take a week or more to get the vehicle to them for one reason or another.

So exciting the number of forums members buying new Foci!!!!! Fantastic to see!!

a 07/05 should arrive in 07 (July) but expect, as sstated above, up to a mid August delivery. This however may change for the better or worse so be patient as the dealer can only control the car once it arrives there, which means they are largely unable to control the build, shipping from south Africa or the customs clearance.

Hope this helps!!
Old 13-07-2005, 06:28 PM   #16
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes...

Long wait but should be worth it..

Our dealer said ours may come earlier but who knows... I just ordered the 17 inch tyres for the Zetec rims which will be going on our black sedan...

Does anyone know what floor mats will fit these cars roughly as the Focus ones dont look all that good... Wonder if the BA ones do? :Reverend:
Old 13-07-2005, 06:38 PM   #17
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I'd stick with the Focus ones, shame there's no more Zetec options with different coloured piping or something. I say that simply because they have the built-in cutouts to secure both driver and passenger sides to the floor to stop them from moving around and that I hate putting anything non-factory on my car where a factory part is available. This also has nothing to do with me working for Ford, I just know any manufacturer would put more effort into designing, testing and selling the right parts.

If you stil hate the focus mats, you could always try Europe. A British Ford Dealer perhaps... will have a look on ffoc.co.uk for you.
Old 18-07-2005, 02:35 PM   #18
losfp

ARRRGHHH!!!!

Just got a call saying that they are struggling to find any CLs with safety packs arriving before Sept/Oct. I don't know whether I misunderstood before about being told we had an allocation (I thought that meant we had an actual physical car with our name on it).

So now they are investigating CLs with both optional packs, and LXs, to see if they can get any of them sooner. Which would involve re-negotiating the price. And I already hated doing that ONCE! :(

Surely it can't be as hard as this.... I'm sure the dealers aren't being fed much information either, but it would have been nice to have been told a bit earlier, rather than 1.5 weeks after paying a deposit!
Old 18-07-2005, 02:39 PM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losfp
ARRRGHHH!!!!

Just got a call saying that they are struggling to find any CLs with safety packs arriving before Sept/Oct. I don't know whether I misunderstood before about being told we had an allocation (I thought that meant we had an actual physical car with our name on it).

So now they are investigating CLs with both optional packs, and LXs, to see if they can get any of them sooner. Which would involve re-negotiating the price. And I already hated doing that ONCE! :(

Surely it can't be as hard as this....
Another example of ford getting people to sign the contract... Happened to me as well.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:06 PM   #20
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Hold on guys, it's also a case of the plant in South Africa potentially not being able to supply enough vehicles and Dealers assuming that everything they're allocated will be supplied also. Keep at it!! I just spent 3,500 km in 10 days in a Ghia sedan and the OLNY thing stopping me from buying one is my love of my Mk I... I'd happily put myself in debt to own a new model if I didn't have the Mk I (only 2 yrs old).
Old 18-07-2005, 09:31 PM   #21
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Zetec as you would know the dealers have a rough indication of when their allocated stock will arrive.. Therefore there is no excuse for telling a customer they have a car allocated to them for a certain shipping date then reneg..... If anyone out there is looking at a new Focus and has been told a certain date for delivery then put the contract as subject to that date... For example my dealer promised me ours would be coming in the shipment due on the 19th of July... Now I put in the contract that the car had to be delivered by the 31st of July or the contract is invalid... This protects us as a consumer and gives the dealer approximately 10 days from when the car is suposed to be delivered till they have to deliver it to me... Good news for us is that the ship is docked here in Brisbane, now its just a matter of waiting for the car to be put through customs and delivered to the Dealership, which is hopefully tomorrow..

So there things do go to plan sometimes! However I had a client who ordered a particular car in May, signed a contract and was told it was in stock.. The next day the salesman called and told him that unfortunately they had made a mistake and that the car was in another colour, the customer then agreed to accepting that colour even though he wasn't that happy with it as he wanted the car.. Then the dealer called back a few days later and told him it was a manual and not an auto... Same thing, brand new model with stuff all stock in the country... Dealerships try and sign up as many customers at this stage as the model is new, everyone wants one and people aren't all that fussy on price.. More margin in the dealers pocket :

:eclipsee_ Neways hopefully we will be picking ours up Friday.
Old 18-07-2005, 09:33 PM   #22
losfp

Totally understand that it's out of the dealers' hands, but I was told that

Quote:
We did have a sido issued for your vehicle, however I believe the delay to
be with the Safety Pack as even safety pack vehicles with a May build are
yet to be shipped.
which of course results in major suckage if you wanted a custom CL with one of the optional packs :( I might be able to get hold of an LX, but they are just out of my price range. Dammit, it's Ford's devious trick for making us want to go to the higher priced model! It's my conspiracy theory and I'm sticking to it.

They surely must have forseen that the new model would be popular (otherwise why all the hype?) and really should have made sure enough stock was available.

Don't mind me, just therapeutic venting now
Old 18-07-2005, 09:38 PM   #23
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes if i was Ford I wouldn't be advertising the new Focus as much as they are... They are seriously going to turn some customers away telling them that they are going to have to wait 3 - 4 months to actually get the car they want... Most dealers have a maximum of 2 cars on display at the moment, its an absolute joke.. There should have been atleast 20 cars allocated to each dealer for the initial launch, as most dealers could easily fit 4 - 6 of those cars on as demo / drive cars.

LX is around $30,000 Losfp, its a fair premium over the CL.
Old 18-07-2005, 10:08 PM   #24
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
There should have been atleast 20 cars allocated to each dealer for the initial launch, as most dealers could easily fit 4 - 6 of those cars on as demo / drive cars.
Then what happens when those cars dont sell? You cant guarantee they would either.

My dealer has a eload of LR Focus SR's in stock which they cant move for obvious reasons. They have one LX sedan of the new model and Im told an Auto Hatch is only 2-3 weeks way (which is what im hanging out for).
Old 18-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #25
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My dealer has 4 LR Focuses left and they won Dealer of the Year, so they are by no means a small dealership.

All 10 of their original LS shipment are either demos or delivered to the customer, plus they have done a dealer transfer of 2 which have been delivered.. Its not rocket science.
Old 19-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #26
losfp

*sigh*

Well now the LX option has fallen through so I am stuck with waiting on my safety pack car to arrive. The dealer can't give me an ETA at all, and unfortunately they only put "August" as the ETA on the contract so I'll probably have to wait until the end of September before being able to cancel the contract, by which time the car would have almost arrived anyway...

The other alternative is to go with a CL with smooth pack, or just a plain CL... But we really want the safety pack. I'm not going to give up potentially life-saving features just because it's going to take a few weeks, but it's frustrating all the same.

Well, that's a lesson learnt anyway. Or at least a couple

EDIT: Finally we have something. They have got us a car to our exact specs, on a boat due in August. Hopefully this is the last we hear of this until we take delivery of our new Focus!! fingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossed.....

Last edited by losfp; 19-07-2005 at 03:01 PM. Reason: adding more info
Old 19-07-2005, 03:30 PM   #27
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ours is expected to be at the dealers either thisarvo or tomorrow!
Old 19-07-2005, 03:33 PM   #28
losfp

Quote:
Ours is expected to be at the dealers either thisarvo or tomorrow!
Hopefully you'll be able to pick it up by the weekend!

It was a black CL sedan, right?
Old 19-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #29
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes Black CL Sedan in auto with Zetch 17 inch rims, reverse sensors, tint and Focus floor mats.
Old 19-07-2005, 07:14 PM   #30
RedStar71

Shockwave as soon as you get your Black Focus can you please post some pics as I have yet to see a good photo of one. I have ordered a Black Zetec Mk2 and haven't even had a test drive yet! I sat in the silver Ford Promo Zetec that is up here in Brissy for the newspapers to review and that was enough to sell me a Focus. I really want to see how well the colour looks and how well it hides the fact that it is a 4 door.
They are telling me that mine will be there in a few weeks as they have one on order in their allotment. Apparently even the Fiesta has a three month wait as well if you order a custom one!
Cheers

Jason
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post